“Nice hotel”

Ranked #40 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Have been almost a year since I and my husband stayed there for a couple of nights... The room and bathroom were very clean, the beds were confortable. The breakfast that was included in the hotel price was great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura L
Kevin L, Rooms Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Laura L,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to post a review based on your visit back to our hotel! I’m glad to hear that you taken advantage of our Bed&Breakfast package. I cannot wait to pass on your comments to our housekeeping department for they will be excited their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. We thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria and we hope to see you in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

i stayed here for 2 nights back in september 2013. the price was good for the location. I was only 7 minute walk away from the ACC. The walk was fun also through buildings and underground. They have Apple TV there as well. Its been a year since i been there so I dont know what changed if anything. But the price was good then.

1 Thank HotelGuy-tb
Dear HotelGuy – tb,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay! We are so glad you chose to stay with us for the second time and we really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We are glad our location made it easy for you to reach the ACC. Definitely will looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria and have yourself a wonderful day!
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Advertised as a boutique hotel, Victoria Hotel delivers on its promises. First, the location is terrific. Just about 3 blocks from the train station, 1 block from subway and streetcar, near many restaurants, it makes a great base for anyone spending any amount of time in Toronto.

Our room was small, but that was expected. Because it is a heritage building jammed between two new buildings, most of the rooms do not have windows ("fake windows" with a bit of light). If you need a "real" window, you'll need to book a room in the front overlooking Younge Street (probably more expensive). The room had everything we needed, although the A/C unit was quite noisy.

Staff was friendly and helpful. All amenities in the rooms. Note that there was no porter to help with the luggage ... not an issue for us.

GREAT choice for downtown .... the amenities without breaking the bank!

Room Tip: If you NEED a window, ask for a room fronting Younge St.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank papillon2020
Dear Papillon 2020,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are happy we reached your expectation of a Boutique Hotel here in Downtown Toronto. We are located in the heart of downtown, walking distance from major tourist attractions, shopping facilities, and hundreds of restaurants. On your next visit please try our deluxe rooms which are more spacious compared to our standard rooms. Our staff will be thrilled to hear your compliments as we always strive to provide exceptional customer service to our valued guests. We hope we can welcome you again soon and thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a great little boutique hotel in a prime location; you can definetly just park your car and not use it for the entire time you are there.. The staff are quite friendly :) The only upside was that our room was right next to the elevator so it was a tad bothersome.. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to everyone.. Great little gem! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin L, Rooms Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Dear GeeGee R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review based on your visit to Hotel Victoria. I’m happy to hear that you took an advantage of our convenient location, walking distance from all the great attractions, shopping facilities and in the midst of the finest restaurants in downtown Toronto. I do apologize if the location of your room was not the ideal for your stay, I’ll make sure we accommodate you in a quiet room on your next visit. Thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria and have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Hotel Victoria is beautiful and the staff is amazing. The beds are soooooo comfortable and the rooms are so cute and very clean. Great location, free wifi, and so much more. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Stuart K,

First and foremost, thank you so much for those cookies again. We enjoyed them so much! We are happy you enjoyed our comfortable beds and our cute rooms! It’s great that you found our amenities great and that our location served the purpose of your trip well. We can’t wait to welcome you back as well as you were an amazing guest! Lastly, thank you for being active on our Facebook Page. We highly appreciate your recommendation. Thanks for choosing Hotel Victoria and we hope to see you soon!
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The price was very reasonable for downtown Toronto. It's very centrally located and we felt very safe. Room clean and well appointed. They kindly held our suitcases for the day after we checked out since we didn't need them till evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kevin L, Rooms Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear cats4meSantaRosa_CA,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review based on your visit to our hotel. We are glad your stay was comfortable and our room was great value paired with our central location in downtown Toronto. We are always delighted to hold any luggage for our guests to give you the time to enjoy the city with a few hours left in your trip! We hope to welcome you again one day here at Hotel Victoria. Thank you for choosing Hotel Victoria and have yourself a wonderful day!
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Victoria this past weekend to attend a One Direction concert. The hotel is convieniently located - you can walk anywhere, and the valet parking is handy and affordable. The room was clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Yes they are a small, however you are only there to sleep. The staff was very helpful and friendly. You really can't beat this hotel for price, location and comfort.

Now for my real reason for writing a review. I had originally booked my reservation on-line through the hotels 3rd Party Booking system. I recieved my confirmation, only to then receive a cancellation notice about 20 minutes later. Imagine my distress...it was a busy weekend (1D in town plus Caribana), so finding another place in my price range was getting impossible. I called the hotel, and reception informed me that they where completely sold out, and there was nothing they could do with respect to the fact that the on-line booking system was not real time with their hotel system. Great, I thought, just great.

Next step, I e-mailed the hotel, so that they had a record that their booking system was not sametime. I really felt they should know and perhaps state somewhere on their site, so others wouldn't think they had a place to stay when they might not. Too my suprise, the room manager, Kevin called me the next day, to apologize and to offer me a room that had just become available.

I have to say, that I was completely surprised and delighted, that he took the time to think of me when a room became available. We absolutely booked the room, and we had a fabulous Mother/Daughter outing in Toronto.

I wanted to say thank you to Kevin. His extra time and effort to think of me when a spot did open, was really great customer service. And to top it off, the hotel was wonderful. I like the smaller, more intimate hotels as I don't feel like a number. Kevin really made me feel like he understood my distress in finding a place to stay and reached out to me when a spot came available.

He went above and beyond. And I really am greatful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kevin L, Rooms Manager at Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Kerry F,

I would personally like to thank you for your kind words and I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you at our hotel. I’m very excited our hotel was suitable for you and your daughter! It sure was a busy weekend in Toronto during Caribana festival and I hope you had a wonderful time in our exciting city! I will definitely look forward for your next visit and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance during your visits to Toronto. Thank you once again for your compliments and choosing Hotel Victoria. We hope to see you soon and have yourself a wonderful summer!