“Outstanding stay in downtown Toronto”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 13 June 2011

On a recent Saturday, my husband and I rode our bikes down to the Toronto waterfront from Richmond Hill, a 40K ride we've done before but we usually just turn around and take the subway/bus back north the same day. This time, we decided to stay the night downtown, go to a Jays game, and have dinner at Massimo Capra's lovely restaurant, Mistura. We used Marriott points to book the room and, to our delight, they gave us a beautifully appointed suite with a bathroom the size of a standard hotel room. The Renaissance Toronto is a lovely, grand hotel with a wonderful bar overlooking the baseball field (which I will forever call the Skydome!), and a number of rooms that also overlook the field. I've always loved what Marriott does with their Renaissance hotels, but this is one of their best renovations and restorations that I've seen. Everyone we encountered, from the front desk staff to the bell captain (who offered to valet park our bikes - ha) to the housekeepers, was friendly and provided outstanding customer service. Because it was booked on points, they could have put us in a small room with double beds but, true to Marriott style, they put us in that wonderful suite. This kind of over-the-top customer service, coupled with things like gifting me with a year of gold status after I was off the road for a year, make Marriott the top hotel brand in the world, in my former road-warrior view.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BadKtty

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We came on a free Marriott certificate night and got upgraded to one of the suites that overlooks the ballfield, which was perfect as we had come up to see the game.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I arrived at the Renaissance Toronto Hotel Downtown at a rather busy time and the reception staff were very attentive and helpful. Without asking- which is unusual - I was upgraded. The accommodation was fabulous. It is nice to know that being a Marriott Rewards member does count. Many times point clubs state the benefit of upgrades but they never seem to come thru. Marriott Rewards and this hotel sure came thru and it is nice to be appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2011

This Renaissance is fantastic. View of arena from the restaurant and rooms. Close to wharf, Chinatown, CN tower and shopping. They make you want to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This is my first review, but I felt I must write to tell about the friendly service from the front desk. The fellow who looked after me was genuine, thoughtful and very friendly. It was crazy busy when I arrived because of the home opener of the Blue Jays. The hotel was fully booked and they upgraded me to a stadium view room. It was awesome for the pre-game batting practice etc. (I already had tickets to the game).
I have stayed at this hotel many times, and always receive a very friendly welcome. The rooms are very large, always spotless, the staff is very friendly including the housekeepers and the room service staff. (The food is very well done too!!)
Parking is a bit awkward if it is really busy. If the valet is full, you will need to drive around the dome to the hotel signed parking. If the lot says it is full, drive in anyway. Just give them your name, tell them you are checking in and they will let you in.
Overall a great experience. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: City view rooms are largest and very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank rosetoffeetoffee
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Stayed here with family and friends for daughter's wedding and loved the hotel .It was so quiet and the rooms were spacious so that we could all gather in one room and socialize. Breakfast buffet was excellent !

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This was my 2nd stay at the Renaissance Hotel, both times as a romantic getaway. The whole experience was great. The front desk staff were amazing and helpful - the Concierge was great at suggesting restaurants and fun things to do. Our room (both times) was incredible - really contemporary and clean and the bed was so comfortable. We had a great breakfast in the main restaurant before checking out. All in all, it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple