“Can't wait.”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My best friend and I arrive on July 3 and we have a room overlooking the field. We are so excited because we have heard wonderful things about your hotel. Can't wait to write a review after our stay and not changing a single number. See you soon!!!!!
Carl Berg

• Stayed: June 2013
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Cberg111
We look forward to your visit on July 3rd. We'll make sure that you and your best friend have an awesome hotel experience.
Regards,

There are newer reviews for Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I was booking a birthday party for my 9 year old, and to make a long story short, the on-line reservation staff made so many errors, blatently lying as they were unaware of the policies of this particular hotel, i was in tears!!!! If is wasnt for a promise i made to my son, i would have never ended up booking it. Everytime i spoke with the staff directly at the hotel, they were so nice and the only complaint i have is the telephone reservations, its staff, the escatlation officers and the management.
When we stayed at the hotel in March, in the staduim suite, the staff MORE than made up for all the stress leading up to the day. The manager Andrea and the manager on duty that day not only made sure my son felt like a prince, they made our stay feel like family. The entire hotel signed a card, made him a personalized cookie, lootbag. They personally served the kids treats, water and juice, ballons were decorated in the room.
The hotel could have easity provided a free room, or discount, and this was WAY BETTER!!!! The manager on duty even gave my son a baseball and said it was from Bautista!! My son was on cloud nine and that is all that mattered to me....... errors always happen, and this hotel and its staff was more than accountable for errors that they didnt even do, it had nothing to do with them. i will for sure visit again (but try to avoid telephone reservations and do it online!!!)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I should start by saying that I have no idea what this property charges per night, as I only stayed here due to my previously reserved hotel being overbooked. That said, if the price is decent, I could see myself choosing to stay at this hotel in the future (assuming I visit Toronto again). It was the oddest thing, though - when my husband and I arrived at our room, we opened the door with our key and and just saw an approximately 60-foot-long hallway. When we walked to the end and looked left, we found our room. I kind of liked the quirkiness. My husband and I are baseball fans. If we return, we have to figure out how to book on of the suites that look out into the baseball stadium! We tried this time, but they were all booked. Boo...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoChicaGo5
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My young daughter and I arrived at this hotel at 2:30 a.m. after a full day of travelling, flight delays and cancellations. We were exhausted and the staff jumped right in to help us. One person parked our vehicle, one person checked us in (to an upgraded room) while another person asked my daughter if she was okay and if she needed a drink. After a hectic day of travelling their kindness was really wonderful.
The hotel itself is adequate, our room was large and clean. We did have a mini fridge and a decent view. The hotel is a bit complicated to maneuver since it is attached to the Rogers Centre and the hallways go around it but I think that is part of the fun. You can't beat the location for anything downtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SKKF
Reviewed 16 June 2013

When I booked the hotel I expected to see the jays out my window. Hence why I booked the Rogers centre hotel.

No such luck as instead I was stuck looking at the train tracks. I had travelled for a medical appointment and would have liked to check in upon arrival but again no such luck. Not sure what time they bring their cleaners in but it was a little late check in instead. All in all it is comparable to other toronto hotels but you won't catch this sports fan back there as when I asked how much it would be to upgrade to the other side of the hall. So I could see the ball game I was told a ridiculous 200 dollars a night! Good grief.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The staff here are unbelievable! Went above and beyond for this trip! This is a great location to explore downtown Toronto. Walking distance to many great places to eat and just visit. Would definately recommend to anyone. Rooms are clean spacious and well appointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Gavin G
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you Gavin G for your submission. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your positive comments with our team. It's always refreshing to hear about excellent service experiences. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here over night through a hotwire deal for a concert. We often use hotwire for last minute 1 night getaways and we have never been disappointed, until now. The room was comparable to a Days Inn or a 2 star hotel. The only thing this hotel has going for it it, is the location adjacent to the Rogers Center. If you are looking for a 4* hotel look elsewhere. This hotel is in need of some serious updating!

• Stayed: June 2013
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear ChinookChick,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. If you have further detail, I would be pleased to hear from you at fo@renaissancetoronto.com. That way, I can address your specific concerns immediately.
I am delighted to report that we do have plans in the works to upgrade all areas of the hotel.
Best Regards,