“Top notch customer service!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Tampa, Florida
“Top notch customer service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

It's amazing how different everyone's experience is at each hotel. I am seeing these posts here about a lack of customer service and meanwhile I was astounded by how amazing the service was! And there have been plenty of locations where I have experienced the opposite. Anyhow... From valet to check in, concierge to guest services, I received nothing but the best service at this hotel. The room was incredibly spacious. I was on the front side of the hotel and never heard a train. But I also always kept the fan on high so that probably helped. Rooms were very clean and bed & pillows soft and comfy. Very nicely equipped gym. Location is phenomenal with shopping, dining, entertainment, tourist spots and sports all within walking distance and most open 24 hours or at least very late. Traffic is a pain, especially if there is a(n) event(s) going on. But that's just part of Toronto and also comes along with having such a prime location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you Sunnydove for your positive review. I appreciate your positive comments about our staff service and will be sure to share your review with our team. Although I am biased, I agree that our service is truly what sets us apart from other hotels in the city. Given the opportunity, we do our best to personalize service and to customize the experience for each one of our guests.
We hope to see you again soon.
Happy Holiday Season,
Andrea Copeland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dighton, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went for 2 nights check in was quick , hotel did not seem to be that busy, but no anniversary upgrades. Housekeeping did not clean our room until after 4pm , they also omitted to provide tea and coffee for our in room keurig ,we were out all day but upon our return the room was still not made up? shortly after our return housekeeping arrived to clean. Great location especially if you,re going to the Rogers Center for a Jays game! this hotel features rooms for a premium overlooking the field! theres also a neat cocktail lounge overlooking the field. Convenient to Steam Whistle Brewery a Must do ! great beer tour and nice people ! We got a good deal via Hotwire.

Shower pressure was poor! We were in room 329 , very basic room overlooking front entrance/driveway.

• Stayed November 2013
Ajax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

we stayed for an overnight as gold Marriott members we were offered either a view of the soccer game or the club floor -- great food on the club floor including smoked salmon for appetizers

we mentioned it was our anniversary and received complementary sparkling wine and delicious chocolate dipped strawberries.

I would go back again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was afraid my trip would not be delightful when a female hotelier responded to me like 'I don't care about whether your trip is for your wedding anniversary or not'.

At whole night and in the next morning, my kids ironically love the noise from public trains because the room in 9th floor was located just behind rail roads. It was the worst view in the hotels I have ever stayed in my entire life.

The rooms is very small. I thought I was like staying at a room of 2.0 or 2.5 star hotel.
The noticeable red stains in the bathroom were additional impressions of outdated and worn facilities.

Pros: Its location in downtown Toronto is good for a business trip.

Cons: Everything except its location.
The nonchalant customer service for check in which will be unforgettable.
Small room with outdated and worn facilities
Bad choice for a family trip with young kids.

Room Tip: You must choose higher floors above the roof of Rogers center. My family stayed at the 9th floor wi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Yong L
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Yong L,
I am very surprised to hear of the welcome that you received at check in. Surprised, only because it is rare that we get negative comments about service. That being said, I apologize that this was the message relayed to you, and I will certainly investigate further. I do hope that you will re-consider and give us another opportunity to show you that we are capable of exceeding expectations; particularly on special occasions.
Thank you for your feedback. It is always very helpful in our efforts to continuously improve upon our product and service offering.
Best Regards,
Andrea
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We went for our anniversary and the Concierge was super helpful with bar and restaurant tips. She knew the neighbourhood so well even walking time to each spot. Location was perfect for getting to a show on King West. Parking wasn't cheap but certainly convenient. Our room was great, comfortable and clean, bathroom was beautufil

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kermark2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

They gave me the presidential suite. Great idea. The staff was very courteous and professional. They made me feel at home, and did they best they could to assist me. I plan to return again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

The hotel put us in a room that opened into the Rogers Center while a concert was going on. Our room was vibrating with sound and we were told it would last until 2am and they couldn't do anything about it. Hard to believe they would book people in those rooms knowing it would be incredibly incredibly loud all night long. When we told them we were leaving at 1am they offered us another room away from the concert. So nice of them to offer us that room change at 1am only when we wanted to leave.
Rooms are outdated and worn.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lesleycath1977
Thank you Lesleycath1977 for your review. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel. It is never our intention to inconvenience our guests and provide a less than satisfactory stay. For events in the stadium, the hotel relies on Rogers Centre to communicate information pertaining to noise and event times. This particular function ran overtime, and therefore, we did not have advance notice of the extension.
We have several room types, mostly on the exterior, and not facing into the stadium. We try to establish the purpose of stay before assigning guests to the stadium side during an event.
I hope that you will give us another chance if you return to the city. We truly are capable of providing a comfortable and quiet stay with excellent service.
Regards,