“Great Location”

Ranked #29 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Location”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Employees at this Renaissance were exceptional and you couldn't be in a better location. From the bar, you are attached to the baseball stadium that hosts the Toronto Blue Jays (the Rogers Centre). The CN Tower, the Hockey hall of Fame and many places to eat nearby. My room was a bit outdated, but very spacious and nice beddings. Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

stayed at this hotel Dec 6-8, 13 had a late check-in front desk was very friendly and welcoming. we had the split-level room(448) w/view of inside Rogers Centre. Only complaint about the room I found was that the bed was really small for 2 people.

The hotel is located about 20min walk to Dundas/Eaton Center and 5 mins to Union STN.

We had the buffet breakfast so much food! the Bar was small and quiet it was decorated nicely for Christmas and very friendly bartender.

The pool was COLD! I was only able to swim for 5 mins before I had to get out Thankfully there is a hot tub which was nice. The pool lounge area was well kept and clean. Gym was big, clean and not to busy.

overall this is a very good hotel and I would recommended it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I chose this hotel during my one night stay in Toronto because of the location inside the Rogers Centre and close to the downtown area. The location can't be better, next to the CN Tower and a few blocks from the downtown area with a lot of restaurants nearby.

Service: At check-in I got upgraded due to my Platinum Elite status and given a breakfast voucher because the concierge lounge was closed on weekends. The front desk lady showed me how to get to the parking which is 25 CAD a day. It's under the hotel with internal connection to the lobby so it's a plus.

The room: I had to walk about 300 ft from the elevators to my room. I got upgraded to a big suite with even a working desk in the living area. The view was of the railroad tracks and the train passed every 10 minutes so it was kind of noisy and even the room shook a little bit. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very big with two sinks. Very clean suite and renovated.

The bad thing about the stay was that a group of girls booked a room in front to mine to have a sort of party and all night people came in and out laughing and talking. At 4am they woke me up because a couple was arguing in the corridor. The walls are very thin because I heard everything even in the suite bedroom which was about 20 ft from the door. This and the noise from the train every 10min didn't make my stay a good one.

A good hotel with good location. Maybe it's better whenever there's a Blue Jays game.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room with a Stadium view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The service at this hotel was good and the location is great for taking in the CN Tower, the Aquarium or the theatre district, but is showing some sign of aging. The bath towels in our room were badly stained, which but us off our stay. The next time I am looking for a Toronto hotel, I would consider another chain/brand.

Room Tip: The rooms that have an inside view of the playing field of the Rogers Centre would be my choice, as...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It's amazing how different everyone's experience is at each hotel. I am seeing these posts here about a lack of customer service and meanwhile I was astounded by how amazing the service was! And there have been plenty of locations where I have experienced the opposite. Anyhow... From valet to check in, concierge to guest services, I received nothing but the best service at this hotel. The room was incredibly spacious. I was on the front side of the hotel and never heard a train. But I also always kept the fan on high so that probably helped. Rooms were very clean and bed & pillows soft and comfy. Very nicely equipped gym. Location is phenomenal with shopping, dining, entertainment, tourist spots and sports all within walking distance and most open 24 hours or at least very late. Traffic is a pain, especially if there is a(n) event(s) going on. But that's just part of Toronto and also comes along with having such a prime location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you Sunnydove for your positive review. I appreciate your positive comments about our staff service and will be sure to share your review with our team. Although I am biased, I agree that our service is truly what sets us apart from other hotels in the city. Given the opportunity, we do our best to personalize service and to customize the experience for each one of our guests.
We hope to see you again soon.
Happy Holiday Season,
Andrea Copeland
Dighton, MA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went for 2 nights check in was quick , hotel did not seem to be that busy, but no anniversary upgrades. Housekeeping did not clean our room until after 4pm , they also omitted to provide tea and coffee for our in room keurig ,we were out all day but upon our return the room was still not made up? shortly after our return housekeeping arrived to clean. Great location especially if you,re going to the Rogers Center for a Jays game! this hotel features rooms for a premium overlooking the field! theres also a neat cocktail lounge overlooking the field. Convenient to Steam Whistle Brewery a Must do ! great beer tour and nice people ! We got a good deal via Hotwire.

Shower pressure was poor! We were in room 329 , very basic room overlooking front entrance/driveway.

• Stayed November 2013
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

we stayed for an overnight as gold Marriott members we were offered either a view of the soccer game or the club floor -- great food on the club floor including smoked salmon for appetizers

we mentioned it was our anniversary and received complementary sparkling wine and delicious chocolate dipped strawberries.

I would go back again