“Amazing service, pet friendly accomodation”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were unlucky to be badly affected by the icestorm in Toronto just prior to Christmas, and after 3 days with no power our building was shut down on Christmas Eve. I was able to secure a room for me and my husband and our 2 cats with only 2 hours notice. At a time where many business could have jacked up prices to make the most out of a bad situation, the Renaissance were sympathetic and absolutely went out of their way to accommodate our needs. The staff were very friendly and the room was perfect for our needs.
I would highly recommend this hotel to other people looking for a pet friendly environment. Thanks you all once again :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Angela L
Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

On a recent visit to downtown Toronto I chose the Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel due
to it's proximity to the locations that I needed to attend too.

From making the reservation, to the check-in process, to the lovely room I was accommodated
in; my visit was flawless.

The hotel is only steps away from Toronto's newest attraction Ripley's new Aquarium which
was breathtaking.

I would highly recommend The Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I do a regular (twice a year) business trip to Toronto and always stay at the Renaissance. The Hotel has everything I need for a business trip, great beds which make for an excellent nights sleep, plenty of room to relax, comfortable baths. As usual they delivered on these but what is outstanding is their staff! Everyone who works there is outstanding, helpful and friendly. It's like home from home and made the business trip seem like a holiday! Great place to stay and a big thank you to all the staff, especially to Terri, Katrina and the rest of the team when I had breakfast.

Room Tip: People look for rooms facing the dome but they work either way.
1  Thank blueman102
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days in early December while in Toronto for work. Hotel is located in the Rogers Centre which worked out well as I was attending the Bills/Falcons game on the Sunday.

Staff was very good and I was able to check into my room at 7am as I came in early on a redeye. Was told I could wait for my upgraded suite or they would find me an alternative room to check in immediately. Was still upgarded to a larger room which worked well to have friends over before and after the game.

Rooms have been upgraded and are very clean, staff is very friendly and have no problem going out of their way to ensure your stay is excellent. Nice lounge breakfast every morning and even provided a coupon for breakfast on the Sunday morning I checked in was a nice touch.

Room service is decent and what you would come to expect, although it does have a ballpark aspect to it for those who have visitors and rooms with a view of the field.

Great stay and would not hesitate to use this hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Stayed here for one-night in mid-December. During baseball season, I'm sure this place is a lot of fun, especially the rooms with stadium views. This hotel is attached to the Rogers Centre (old Skydome) with spacious rooms that could use a refresh on wallpaper and office chairs, to start. The gym is very good, front desk staff very helpful and they even had a scotch tasting at 6pm the night I arrived. The bar -- off to one side of the lobby -- is a happening spot and it seems to attract consistent guests with a knowledgable bar staff. While off the beaten Universtiy Avenue path, this location is right along Front Street (basically), and a stones throw from the MTCC, CBC HQ and a short walk or cab ride to the theatre district.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had a great room and it was very quiet. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We had the breakfast buffet and loved it. We definitely recommend this hotel. It's in a great location - so close to all the action!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julesrussell
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you JulesRussell for your rave review. We appreicate all of your positive feedback. I will be sure to pass it along to our team. We hope that you will return soon.
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

My Fiancée and I took our daughter to see "Cirque du Soleil's Amaluma for her birthday (October 2012). We were at this hotel for the weekend.

THE ROOM: We were pleasently surprised at the size of the room we had. It was larger than most one-bedroom apartments I've had! It had a large tv, king size bed for my Fiancée and I ... and a queen side sofa bed pull out for our daughter. The room was nice and clean. The windows were so long and wide and allowed lots of outdoor light into the room. The huge blinds were opened and closed the same way as power windows in your car. And what do we see when these awesome blinds are open ... the CN Tower right in front of us! The hotel is attached to the Skydome. Please note that the bathroom as was simply humongous!

SHOPPING: Of course no trip to Toronto is complete without a little shopping right. Eaton Centre was really close.

NEGATIVE: The only negative aspect from our stay there was breakfast at the stadium. It was $22 per person ... and there was nothing happening in the stadium where the restaurant overlooked.

SUMMARY: The great room and the courteous/friendly staff made up for it. All in all it was a great experience. Next time we are in Toronto, we will most definitely book there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family