“Average hotel; Above average location”

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #28 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Average hotel; Above average location”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business meeting. Front desk staff were very friendly. Upgraded to a field view room overlooking centre field. great way to take in a baseball game. Rooms are spacious and modern but very spartan. Large TV and comfortable beds. Food is good but a bit expensive. Close walk to lots of restaurants, theatre etc.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceTO, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Connie M
Thank you for submitting your review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback; especially when it pertains to our guest service. I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our field view rooms. We are currently in the process of upgrading our facility and soon all areas of our hotel will be upgraded. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Regards
Adi Dewan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Due to family issue I stayed for 5 days at my favourite hotel. Just so happened the Jays were playing so selected a room lover looking the playing field..I would recommend anybody staying during a game try to book the same.One of the beauty.s of the hotel is its location to all the great restaurants & events downtown..I like the hotel because all the staff are friendly & informative.I filled up on the morning buffet at breakfast every day. The restaurant over looks the stadium which is an added bonus during a game or any other function taking place at the stadium.The rooms are all being remodeled & I was lucky enough to stay in one of the new ones.
As usual my stay was enjoyable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank andy c
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

stayed March 29 2014, check in area just smelled of body odor really bad and it was more than 1 employee that smelled. ( they need to clean the valet parking guys coats and employees clothes). Stayed there last year 2 and it also stunk of B.O. rooms were nice, buffet was $24 (way over priced) Went to Hockey game and recommended to a friend who was also going to stay there. He looked them up on line and called there toll free number and booked a room. When he got the bill it was in U.S. funds. We complained and told basically to go pound salt. Will never stay there again....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceTO, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Rob N
Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay at the Renaissance Toronto Downtown. We are sorry your stay fell short of your expectations. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. .I would appreciate, if you could contact me directly at adewan@renaissancetoronto.com so that I can discuss the matter with you.
Kind regards
Adi Dewan
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is very clean but nothing fancy. The rooms are ok and the hall ways need to be updated BUT don't let these comments stop you from booking! The customer service is probably one of the best experiences I have ever had! The door men, the staff at the desk, the maintenance staff were all superb! Friendly, helpful and always smiling!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Topsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 May 2014

my husband and I took our thirteen year old grandson for his birthday to see the red sox play in Toronto. had a wonderful time ( sox won both games we saw) we stayed at the renaissance and we upgraded to a room overlooking the field. what a great spot! the windows open so you can actually hear the work on the field before games!!! we ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel and had window seats again. the view was great and the food was excellent. will absolutely stay there again if we return for another game!! the front desk people were great and very helpful, it is nice to see people who enjoy there jobs working with the public!!

Room Tip: only negative was the rude people we encountered at the pool playing ball with their kids. they had...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked in for one night here as I was taking in a Blue Jays game, originally when I booked I had a room with city view but when I arrived they upgraded me to one facing the field. For me this was brilliant, the room itself was fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more from it. The health club and pool felt a little grey and cold, the gym felt more like a hospital than a hotel club. But it was clean and to me that's what matters most.

Location wise it is right next door to the CN Tower and down town Toronto so ideal rally if you are planning on seeing those and doing some shopping at the same time. The only thing that was a little annoying was having to pay for the WiFi. Most hotels not as expensive as these offer free WiFi so I don't see why, given how much you pay for a room, that they don't offer it as complimentary.

Aside from that I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We booked a room at the Renaissance to watch the Red Sox play the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre, which actually connects to the hotel. In fact some of the rooms overlook the field. Even if you cannot afford those rooms, the lounge and dining room look out over the ballpark through large picture windows. We saw two games while in town – one in the park, the other in the lounge. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Our room was fabulous and looked to be recently upgraded. It was large with a sitting area, king bed and spacious bathroom – like a studio apartment. Everything was immaculate. We enjoyed the little touches including daily newspaper and cider in the lobby. Service in the lounge, dining room and throughout the hotel was friendly and attentive. We took advantage of the concierge services and the fitness center. And the Red Sox won both games! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple