“HORRIBLE”

Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Troy, New York
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I drive 7 hours to watch a redsox game once I got there I found out central reservation screwed up my booking ,,.i told central reservation I wanted a view of the ball game and like to see the jumbo torn well what I was told by the front desk is that I could get a room but it would be $460 more money, I said your the ones who screwed up and I'm being charged additional money ,,I asked to talk to the front desk manger ,,,WHAT A MISTAKE this guy comes charging at me telling me there is no more rooms over looking the game and he's not giving me any upgrades,,,,I told him the clerk just told me I could get one for $460 I then asked him for corporate phone number to see what they could do and because I was being treated so badly by him,,,corporate was worse this girl said they have one room left do you want it I said ok she puts me on hold come back to me and tells me it was sold and then said I shoulnt have gone over the mangers head I let her have it and told her I'm at the hotel and this was all of 3 minutes they new I wanted the room,, she said this isn't my 1 st rodeo and you should have taken the room she then hung up on me ,,,I then had to find a room and we had 2 CHILDERN with us ,,,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 09952
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear 09952,
Thank you for re-posting your feedback. We have reviewed. As promised after your first submission, we continue to work with our reservations to ensure that everyone is clear on the stadium view availability. I would like to assure you that our efforts to improve through training and communication continue.
Regards,
Andrea Copeland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Pretty good hotel overall, I had a room with a view on the baseball field ...but there was no game ...lol .... anyhow, Still well located and as long as your room does not give on the rail track side you will enjoy.

The bar / restaurant was nice, their Nachos and chips were great !!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert5635
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Discerning travelers beware! Unless you're really into the Toronto Blue Jays, you probably won't like this hotel. The location is great as it's part of the stadium and in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district. CN Tower and the convention center are close-by. Problem is that most rooms overlook a busy set of railroad tracks. It's so noisy at times that the front desk has a ready supply of earplugs on hand. On top of that, the place was under renovation when I was there. Staff was great and they tried to accommodate, but they had little to work with. The lobby is non-existent and the restaurant is more like a snack bar. Can't recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TravellingFlaGator
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear TravellingFlaGator,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all feedback. We are conveniently located amongst the downtown attractions. Although we are just south of the train tracks, we have many room options to the east and west of the hotel for lighter sleepers. Ear plugs are an amenity available upon request.
I am pleased to confirm that we are upgrading the hotel. As all guest rooms are undergoing a soft renovation, there should not be construction noise associated with the upgrades. That being said, we hope that perhaps you will give us another chance to show you that we are capable of providing a quiet night stay.
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here with my husband one night this week with a ballgame being part of the event we were attending. After leaving my car with valet and checking in, it started pouring rain. No problem - Gate 14 and 13 are literally steps away from the front entrance to the hotel and I was able to walk under a cover without getting wet!

The room was large and clean although kind of bland painted a stark white colour. Our king size bed was comfortable as was the bedding and the down pillows. Nice black out curtains for the morning too.

This time, our room had no view however I have stayed here in the past in one of the rooms overlooking the field. That was pretty special!

At the end of the lobby is a large bar area for drinks and late night bites after the game.

This is not necessarily the hotel I would chose if I was coming to Toronto for a weekend of say shopping or theatre, but certainly the best choice for a stay centred around a baseball game!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Windsor, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Got a decent deal on Hotwire, stayed a Saturday night for $150. Lady at the check in desk was friendly, gave me a stadium room, which I thought was super cool. Sheets were and room were extra clean, bathroom was huge actually. Comfy bed, soft, and tons of pillows. Nice Keurig coffee and lots of channels on TV. Nothing to complain about other than it was a long walk to find an ice machine. It was in a good spot for downtown sightseeing, close to the train station helped me out too. I forget which room ... 3rd floor. It was quiet. Didn't eat there. I'd stay here again anytime, especially for that price.

Room Tip: Try to get a stadium room for the experience
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GettinErDun
Olean, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in Toronto for the Jays vs. Red Sox game. We had an amazing time. This is the hotel I will always stay with while in Toronto, the staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. I would like to send a personal Thank You to one of the front desk women, Alexia, she was so helpful and amazing during our stay. Thank You Alexia. Overall the hotel is a definite 5 Star rating. Also The Arriba restaurant which is inside the Renaissance Hotel is a friendly restaurant with an amazing view of the stadium. While on our stay in Toronto my partner became ill with cold symptoms, one of the girl at the Arriba resturant made a special tea for me to take to the room for her. Thank you Samantha, you were so compassionate and such a great help.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night for a business meeting. Front desk staff were very friendly. Upgraded to a field view room overlooking centre field. great way to take in a baseball game. Rooms are spacious and modern but very spartan. Large TV and comfortable beds. Food is good but a bit expensive. Close walk to lots of restaurants, theatre etc.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
RenaissanceTO, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Connie M
Thank you for submitting your review. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback; especially when it pertains to our guest service. I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our field view rooms. We are currently in the process of upgrading our facility and soon all areas of our hotel will be upgraded. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Regards