Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Travelocity
US$401
US$289
2,093 results
All reviewsrogers centreblue jaysstadium view roomtrain tracksbaseball fieldwatch the gamecn towerbaseball fanarriba restaurantjays gameripley's aquariumunion stationself parkingentertainment districthotel roomking bedan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Beautiful hotel that is attached to the Rogers Centre baseball stadium. Valet parking is the way to go unless you know where the parking entrance on the other side of the stadium. $35/night. I got an upgrade to a 4th floor room with a window view of left center field. Awesome and unique experience to watch the BlueJays game that night. The window view in the room is elevated from the bedroom part of the room. The window slides open at chest height so you can hear the sounds from the game. Nice bed, two TV's and a big bathroom.

Room Tip: When the game ended, a worker used a leaf blower to clean the debris from the seats. It started right after the fans left and continued through the night, all night. And there was only one worker doing the clean up with the blower. It was a Tuesday night game and not a big crowd, so they staffed just one for that job. Great room for watching the game, bad room for the noise from the gas blower.
1  Thank Dave Y
Reviewed 30 May 2014

gTruth is this is a GREAT hotel with a wonderful location. However, you can get stuck with a less then stellar room... as we did. The location of our room overlooked the railroad tracks and this was by far the noisiest room I have ever stayed in! Give the price, it was most upsetting. However, if you push for a room overlooking the stadium I think you will be very pleased. We made up for the lousy location by spending most of the night in the hotel bar! Great place to see the ballgame and have several beers. Be prepared for the parking fee though... $70 for two nights!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I checked into the Renaissance hotel and was welcomed by Katherine who was delightful. She explained the amenities of the hotel, and after checking to see if my room was ready (I arrived a bit early) told me that a room upgrade was available and booked me into it.

And was it an upgrade! I walked into the 2 story room to discover that the window looked out on Rogers Centre (home of the Toronto Blue Jays). So not only did I have a great room, I was entertained by a baseball game that took place out my front windows.

The bathroom was large and well appointed, the bed extremely comfortable. The room had a large desk area, and for a moderate charge, WiFi internet at a reasonable (for hotels) speed.

My stay was made memorable by the great service and of course, because I had never spent a hotel night in a baseball stadium! My only disappointments were that the home team lost and that after the game the stadium cleaning crew came in using blowers (like leaf blowers) and steam cleaners that required me to use ear plugs during the night.

Room Tip: If you're lucky enough to get a room overlooking the stadium on a game night you may need ear plugs to block out the noise of the cleaning crew.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the downtown Toronto Renaissance. My room had a view of the Blue Jay's game from high above the center field wall. The price of seeing the game was the room cost...great deal! If you time your stay correctly, you’ll be able to watch both teams go through pre-game stretching and batting practice before the stadium is even open to the general public. The room itself was nice & had the feel of a Luxury Sky Box with a bed. I will sure be staying there again as my travels take me back to Toronto.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although I live in Toronto, I had a conference downtown and decided to stay at the hotel for convenience - WOW, was it ever, the hotel was close to where I had to attend the meetings and parking on-site helped as well.

From the time of check in to room service to check out, every interaction with the staff was super. They've been trained well to take care of the clients. The staff went the extra mile even when they didn't have to.

Would definitely recommend and stay again if opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Ask for city view room if a baseball game or event are on :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo