“Renaissance Hotel Never Disappoints”

Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I left a cruise ship in Corner Brook, Ontario due to my having a nose bleed, and flew from Deer Lake to Toronto, where we were welcomed by the Renaissance. Our room was spacious, quiet and clean. The following morning we flew to our home in the Boston area.

The Renaissance never disappoints. My wife, who never accompanies me to baseball games, was enthused about my selection of the Renaissance in Toronto as The place to stay if you are in Toronto. Try it; I hope you are as pleased as we were.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Auditor38

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our " two couple " stay June 6th and 7th was excellent. The room (suite) was perfect, with plenty of open space. The pull-out couch was as comfortable as most beds. Every request was met with prompt and courteous attention. We definitely will be back soon and will recommend your property to our friends visiting Toronto. Location is excellent for not only ball games etc, but with in walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and attractions. See ya soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank olehap
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for one night ( I cut stay short as the hotel was so awful). Room extremely small , no desk and just one upright chair. Room service menu impossible to be found until I spotted it was printed on an ordinary piece of paper. Executive lounge on level 6 basically a corridor with chairs and little welcome . The room has a pervading smell of carpet underlay or glue -not sure which. The air conditioning functions with the noise of a jet engine making it impossible to sleep with it on.
Not a good experience.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend a room here
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Vyvienne W
RenaissanceTO, Director of Room Operations at Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Vyvienne W,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize that your stay did not measure up to expectations. We are renovating throughout the hotel and the items noted should be addressed in the process. We hope that you may consider returning when all is complete.
In any event, thank you for your feedback.
Best Regards,
Andrea Copeland

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Earlier this week I contacted Ash at the Renaissance Toronto Downtown (Rogers Centre) to see if there was something that the hotel could do to help me surprise my husband for his birthday the weekend of June 6th, 2014. The Blue Jays were playing and it was the perfect opportunity to celebrate. Ash promised that they would do something nice for him and that is an understatement!! We were greeted with many "happy birthday" greetings from all of the staff at the counter at check-in and were assured that we would enjoy our "suite". I feel terrible that I misplaced the name of the young lady who was so sweet checking us in. Ash had upgraded us to a beautiful well appointed suite complete with a luxury bathroom, robes, slippers and an incredible view along with a bedroom adorned with many helium balloons. My darling husband was shocked and thrilled from the moment we walked into the suite.

We had a reservation at Sightlines (inside the Rogers Centre, attached to the hotel) to watch the game that night and the staff there were absolutely wonderful! My darling was served a cupcake with a candle in it along with happy birthday written on the plate, the service was impeccable and the food was incredible!

When we returned to our suite at the hotel there was a wonderful bowl of gourmet popcorn, YUM, with beer and a lovely personalized birthday card from Ash, Monika and the Renaissance Team wishing my husband a wonderful birthday, thanking him for spending his birthday at the Renaissance.

Saturday morning I needed some additional coffee and found Ampara from the Housekeeping Team down the hall. Ampara simply could not do enough for us. She asked if we needed her to come and clean right away and when we left later in the day, she even offered to bring our luggage to our vehicle. Ampara told us that she has worked at the hotel since it opened and I don't believe a smile ever left her face the entire time we spoke with her. Such a delightful kind lady!

We spoke with Alexia at the front desk before we went to the stadium for the game since we needed to pay for additional parking for the day. Once again Alexia made our day with her helpful kind attitude. We asked her to look into different rates for future weekend stays and nothing was too much trouble as she wrote everything down for us and offered suggestions to help us with future visits.

We cannot thank Ash, Monika, Ampara, Alexia and all of the Renaissance Team enough for their kindness and generosity that made for an incredible birthday surprise for my husband! This was a birthday that he will never forget! We look forward to our next stay at the Renaissance Downtown Toronto at the end of June!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GottaLoveCanada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed here while attending a wedding downtown so the location was perfect for my needs. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a field view room - it was amazing! We were able to spend the afternoon watching the Jays game from our room, the view was incredible. The room itself was nice - very spacious, large bathroom with Aveda products and a mini fridge. All staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra O
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is my first stay in many years in a Marriott hotel. I was very impressed with the staff from the front desk (Alexia), housekeeping, valets and others whom we encountered. Everyone was cheerful, polite and went out of their way to be helpful. We were able to check in early and our stadium view room exceeded our expectations. Extra chairs were brought in for three friends who visited for the game. Icing on the cake...Blue Jays won.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula042
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had two field view rooms. Great views of the game! Totally different view of the Rogers Centre. Great for birthdays or bachelor parties. Staff was really accommodating and pleasant to deal with. I was early to check in and they were able to hold my bags whille I ran errands in the city until check in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends