“Adequate room, ideal for watching Argos or Blue Jays”

Renaissance Toronto Downtown Hotel
Ranked #29 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Adequate room, ideal for watching Argos or Blue Jays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a two night trip to Toronto and chose the location based on being close to the CNE. We were pleasantly surprised to get a room that overlooked the stadium, and were able to watch an Argos football game from out our window! The room was adequate, actually quite large with a king size bed.

Parking is the same as for the Rogers Centre - the front lobby gave us a small map to help us find it. We did not make use of the restaurant or bar. Room service prices were very high so we avoided that and ate nearby.

Room Tip: If you don't care about football or baseball, ask not to have stadium room or you may have to pu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My fiance and I were looking for somewhere to bring our daughter for a fun get away before school. He mentioned Renaissance because a few months prior he stayed here for his brothers bachelor party, they had a field view room and even though there was no game that night he said it was amazing and that the hotel was great.
So we decided that we would go and get a stadium view room so our daughter and myself could have an amazing experience for our first time at a baseball game. Upon arrival my fiance went to go check us in, when he came back to us he informed me that we had been upgraded! We were so excited and when we got to the room it was unbelievable. It was a two level king suite! On the main floor you had a large open space with a bar area, mini fridge, pull out couch, chairs, desk, tv and of course large opening window with field view. On the second floor was a very comfortable king size bed, desk, large bathroom with a jacuzzi and of coarse another large window with a view of the field.
We also had room service during the game which came quickly and still hot, the food was delicious!
The service we received from the moment we got in until the moment we left was perfect, never have I been so satisfied with any stay in my life. It was so perfect in fact that my fiance has booked another stay for ourselves and two friends in September for my birthday with a field view room to another Jays game and i cannot wait!
I recommended signing up for Marriot Rewards so every stay earns you points and possibly free stays

Room Tip: A field view is a must, especially on game nights!
2 Thank natasha h
THORNHILL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed this past Thursday night along with my son and his best friend and Mom as an early birthday treat for his 9th birthday. Our plan was to visit the Aquarium and the CN Tower since they were literally at our door step, but I think both kids were just so stoked with our room that they were more thrilled with that than the attractions LOL. From the reservation desk right down to the bellman and the housekeeping, we had not one complaint. They in fact went above and beyond and treated us to a stadium view as a special treat for the kids. Never in our wildest dreams when the lady said she gave us a suite did we ever expect this type of view. I don't ever expect anything more than what I'm booking so this made my son's birthday all the more memorable and I can't thank them enough. We didn't get to see the Blue Jays play but we did make use of the room until the noon checkout and got to watch the Argos practice.....just icing on the cake. Thank you Renaissance for the best 9th birthday a boy and his best friend will ever have! Will definitely recommend this hotel to anybody looking for cleanliness, friendliness, location and exceptional rooms!

Room Tip: Fourth floor room 450 or 466 exceptional views!
1 Thank LilMan21
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed during the week, just for a night, in order to go to the new aquarium.
I reserved a king suite and we checked in early....almost 3 hours early to be exact. We were checked in very promptly and efficiently, amazing service.
I was truly wowed by this room....it was on the 4th floor, the view wasn't anything to write home about....but the room itself was truly superior to what I had expected.
Large entrance w closet...separate, spacious bedroom, 6 seater conference table and a second level w TV, pullout couch, 2 chairs, fridge etc....truly wowed us! And we have stayed at ALOT of hotels, all over the world.
Huge king bed, in fact...huge bedroom. The bathroom was lovely, clean and large...only one sink, which was kind of unusual for so a large bathroom. Plenty of towels, face cloths and hand towels.
We also used the hotel pool and hot tub, which was a little on the small side, but no worries. Super that it was indoors given the less than perfect weather.
The aquarium was about 4 mins.away, so was the CN tower....tons of restaurants, shopping ect.
We walked to the hotel from Union Station, which took about 15 to 20 minutes. Thankful avoiding all the traffic and summertime construction.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, complete w a view of the Rogers's Centre field...really cool even though no sporting events were taking place. The food was good, predictable but very good.
Same w the buffet breakfast...very good.
I would go back to this Renaissance w/o hesitation...the room exceeded all expectations for a very reasonable price. The location can not be beat for local restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: Room 415. Truly impressive and very quiet.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Did not originally plan to go to Toronto but decided to go when visiting Niagara Falls. SO GLAD WE DID. We went on line and found the Renaissance Hotel. When we arrive they had a first floor room but we asked for a higher floor and were graciously accommodated. The room was large with two double beds. The bathroom was also large. We were so close to everything. The Rogers Centre, where the Toronto Blue Jays play was right next door. Also close to Aquarium and the CN Tower. We walked easily to the Harbour and restaurants. I would stay here if a visit Toronto again.

Room Tip: If the Blue Jays are in town it might be noisier since the hotel is right next to it. Our room was a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a king deluxe city view room for Tuesday night stay after A concert.... The room exceeded our expectations it had a dining area, living area , bathroom and sleeping area. Everything was very clean plenty of clean towels was quiet we slept well.... There is a charge for the parking it's $10 extra if you would like valet parking in the same area. I felt that it was a good price for parking has downtown Toronto parking is normally expensive. Easy to find centrally located pleasant staff... I had a great deal on this hotel and if I got an excellent deal again would absolutely return

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife surprised me with arrangements for a weekend stay and Blue Jays tickets. The hotel room was very pleasing with an incredible view of the field. We even had a chance to watch the end of one game from our open windows the day we arrived. The service and food in the hotel was very good. We found ourselves very happy to plan staying in the hotel for many of our meals. There is a good number of tables overlooking the field as well here. It was always interesting watching the field staff prepare for the next event even if there was no game on. We were well looked after by all. I forgot a bag in the room with important items including camera and tablet that the staff tracked down and shipped to me. It came well packed up and safe. Thank you Renaissance!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple