“A little to far from the Airport”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Ranked #12 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 February 2012

First time at a Homewood Suites by Hilton in the Toronto airport area and it was a very good stay! I found the hotel poorly located due to it's quite far from the Airport center and in the middle of a industrial/commercial center. There wasn't many restaurants or nightlife possibilities in the area without driving a good 15 minutes. However if you are looking for a a well appointed hotel(pool, workout center, etc) with reasonable rooms/suites, this is the hotel for you. I booked a two bedroom suite for $211 and you really can't find a better deal than that! The suite was clean and was really well done with two separate bedrooms with 2 complete bathrooms, Living room, and a kitchenette that was very well appointed. This suite would be perfect for a family or business partners traveling together.
They have light supper and Breakfast buffet that seem to be of fairly good quality and is included in the price of you room.
This is a great hotel but a bit too far from civilization(airport) for my liking.

Room Tip: Rent a car
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
YTOMIGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you for writing this review on our hotel! I am so glad that you found your suite to be accommodating and clean! We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Toronto! With Hospitality, Patricia Correa

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre

Reviewed 29 January 2012

We just stayed here for one night, for a second time in Toronto. The rooms are so well decorated/layed out and the beds are comfy. We had 6 in our party, fitting perfectly in the 2 room suite. The pool is nice and the staff is really friendly. The breakfast was better than we expected too. Overall, the best hotel for our night, and one of the best rooms we have ever stayed in anywhere. We will definitely look for a Homewood first when going to other cities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Thank you for writing this review on our property. I am glad to hear that your two bedroom suite was perfect for your stay here in Toronto, and that you had a chance to indulge in our complimentary Suite Start breakfast in the mornings. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Over the past two years I have had numerous meetings in Toronto, many of them at airport hotels. This was my first stay at this hotel. Here is my impression:

Hotel facility: New, a 7 storey building with everything one might need for a comfortable stay (free wifi, well equipped business center, gym, pool, laundry facility, breakfast, shuttle service, even a simple dinner is provided Mon-Thurs evenings). Overall impression: Excellent.

Staff: Everyone I encountered was friendly and accommodating. Overall impression: Excellent.

Rooms: We had a one bedroom suite. It had a full kitchen, living room, large bedroom and huge bathroom. Two TVs. Pleasant decor and comfortable beds. Overall impression: Excellent.

Food: The included breakfast was ample with both hot and cold choices and a self serve waffle station. One minor beef was that the plastic jugs used for milk and juice really didn't keep them cold. I can live with juice that isn't ice cold, but tepid milk isn't the greatest. I didn't take advantage of the free dinner, but took a look and thought it was more than adequate (soup, small salad bar, and a daily hot choice - beef stew and rice when I visited). The weekly menu roation is posted on the fridge in the room. Juices and soft drinks were provided (apparently wine and beer is available at an extra charge). Large trays are provided in the rooms for guests who want to retrieve food to take back to their suites - nice touch. There is a coffee/tea station in the lobby that is accessible 24 hours a day, which was also handy (no it isn't coffee house quality, but it is included). There isn't a full service restaurant or bar in the hotel. Overall impression of the food: Pretty darned good considering it is provided as part of the hotel rate. The dining area (which is just off the lobby) is open and inviting.

Location: While close to the airport, this hotel is not directly on the usual airport strip. As a result, relatively few planes fly over the hotel, making it fairly quiet. The airport is accessible via service roads, making it unnecessary to go onto the major roads which can, in my experience, get clogged with traffic depending on the time of day. Driving time to the airport is about 10 minutes. The hotel is on the same property as a Hampton Inn, other than that I didn't notice many hotels immediately nearby. The area is a bit stark. It is mostly populated with warehouse type buildings, although there are some restaurants within walking distance, including a lovely Irish pub with decent food and a nice atmosphere a 5 minute walk from the hotel (and near that is a bowling center, of all things). The shuttle driver informed me that guests may request a shuttle to any location within a few miles, which makes shopping centers, a movie theater, and many other restaurants a possibility. Overall impression: A warehouse strip (not exactly pretty), but the things most travelers need aren't far away.

Value: I thought the rates were very reasonable, particularly considering all of the inclusions. The hotel also offers a stay and park option which includes one hotel night, up to 8 nights of parking, and airport shuttle transportation. A great pre-vacation option. Overall impression: Excellent.

Summary: In my opinion, anyone looking for a Toronto Airport Hotel should seriously consider this hotel. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Suites range from studio to 2 bedroom, so meet a diversity of needs. All suites have a pull out sof...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank kayteeYVR
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel welcome. Please come see us again soon! Thank you for staying with us. With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Homewood Suites on Eglington Ave is truly a wonderful experience. We just finished our holiday stay visiting family and I have to say that the service is amazing. Everyone in the hotel is friendly and courteous, and they always make sure that everything is running smoothly.

The rooms are simply like coming home. The beds are comfortable, the kitchen is stocked with dishes and there is even a wide variety of channels to choose from on the tv. Having a living room provides that extra space that families really need. The hotel is very clean and bright from the rooms to the lobby to the dining area.

The food is also really good. Breakfast offers a variety of choices and they even switch up the hot food choices on a daily basis. Dinner was fresh and provided a good selection. What a bonus! There is always coffee and tea available too.

The pool area was clean and inviting. We really liked the fitness centre too, as it had the latest cardio eqiupment, a full selection of weights and even provided complimentary headphones. It was probably the nicest gym we have been to at a hotel.

Overall, you will have a wonderful stay at the Homewood Suites. Once you come, I am sure you will be back again. I know we will.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick O
YTOMIGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you for writing this review on our property! We are glad you enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel! We loved having you and we hope that you return soon! With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on December 17th 2011 prior to going to Punta Cana. We only payed $150 with tax for a night here and this is a very nice hotel. You can tell this hotel is newer as it still had that new smell. Check in was a breeze and our room was very clean and large. We went swimming that night and the pool area is very nice and so is the gym. We asked for shuttle service at 7am the next day and at 7am there was a shuttle waiting to take us to the airport. For the price we paid we were able to leave our vehicle at the hotel as well.

The only negative thing I could say about this hotel was when we came back from the trip on Christmas night we called after we got out luggage to have the shuttle come pick us back up and we were told someone would be there in 15 minutes to get is. I called back 30 minutes later as the shuttle still had not arrived and was told he would be there shortly. For the time we waited for the shuttle I noticed a Comfort Inn shuttle van come by 3 times while we waited. When we did get picked up at Terminal one he said he had to check Terminal 3 for someone. There was no one there. On our way to the hotel the driver got a speakerphone call from someone at the hotel who sounded pissed off and told the driver he needed to go back to Terminal one to get someone else, by this time we were more then halfway to the hotel so he told the women on the phone it wasn't a good time to talk and that he would be at the hotel in a couple of minutes. I just found that whole interaction very peculiar and unprofessional. I would stay her again though as this is a very nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
YTOMIGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Thank you for writing this review on our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for the wait that you experienced with our shuttle being a tad late for your pick up at the airport. We do try our best to ensure that all pickups are made on time. Please think of us next time that you are in the Toronto area, as we look forward to seeing you again soon. With Hospitality, Patricia Correa.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

This hotel was a great place to stay while on business in Mississauga. It is close to the airport, but not so much that you hear airplanes all night. The hotel appeared new, and there was no indication of wear and tear. The king suite was very nice, with plenty of room and a nice kitchenette which would be great for family stays or longer business trips. The hotel had a nice looking pool area which I'm sure the kids would enjoy.

Breakfast was typical Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn variety, nothing too special. The hotel did advertise a "welcome home" dinner every night, although I did not go. I believe the dinner included drinks.

The hotel is not particularly close to any dining establishments that I could find, although see my review for Peter's on Elington for a nearby restaurant that I went to. If you don't mind driving 5-10 minutes away you can find a lot of places to eat.

The only somewhat negative comment I could make is that parking is tight. This hotel shares a lot with a Hampton Inn, and the lot was full every night when I returned from work. I'm not sure if there are other parking lots, but the main lot in front is rather small.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
YTOMIGM, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our property. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Since your stay with us we are looking to improve our parking situation, and we hope that the next time you come to Toronto you can experience the hotel once again. We look forward to seeing you again soon. With Hospitality, Patricia Correa.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

There is no doubt that this is the best value near Pearson Airport. At just under 2 miles away, it is near enough to be convenient yet far enough to be quiet. The hotel is new and is beautifully appointed and very well kept. The furnishings and fixtures are quality and the food and service is better than you might expect at a Homewood. The free hot breakfast buffet was fresh with a good selection and is served on china and silverware. The breakfast area is also a substantial size so unlike make other hotels there was no table scramble in the morning.
The room is a good size and very well appointed. The full sized refrigerator is great to store everything and having a separate climate control for the bedroom is a really nice feature. Free parking is definitely a bonus for drivers as most other hotels in the area charge up to $25 per night. It has relatively easy access to all the major highways so it is a very good base if you need to get to different places around the city. I have tried most of the other airport hotels; this is definitely my new favorite.

Room Tip: The suites (non open concept) have seperate climate control from the main room which is really nice...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rvan58

Thank you for writing this review for our property! We are glad you have made us your new "home base" for Toronto! We loved having you here and we hope that you return soon! With Hospitality, Ramires Diaz.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Hampton Inn by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
Best Western Plus Travel Hotel Toronto Airport
North York
Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Downtown West
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Airport Corporate Centre? Share your experiences!