“Nice restaurant and one of the few in the area that is 24 hours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Griddle

Golden Griddle
Ranked #5,469 of 8,434 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“Nice restaurant and one of the few in the area that is 24 hours!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast in the morning and really enjoyed ourselves! We were immediately greeted at the door and seated on the patio which is also a no-smoking patio! Yay!
The waitress was extremely attentive and all of our needs were met. My omelet was a bit overcooked but good nonetheless and my wife's food was also good (eggs benedict) but also overdone a bit. There are NO vegan/plant based options if you want pancakes which this restaurant advertises as their specialty which is very disappointing! You'd think they would be able to whip up a batch without milk but they didn't or wouldn't; not sure which. Bathrooms could have been cleaner but not horrendous. So overall a good experience but rather expensive in my opinion. $30 for breakfast?!?! Yikes!

• Visited August 2014

Toronto, Canada
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE RESTAURANT!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Golden Griddle 45 Carlton Toronto, ON

That restaurant is the worst restaurant I ever been in my entire life literally. Omg I came in, and I said why is so empty, I was surprise because that day was World Pride 2014, and my friend said "that's because the food is really bad".

We went there though, because there was no were else to go like I said was World Pride and every other restaurant was full except that one. We sat down and we wait and wait and wait about 20 minutes we had to wait, and finally some one took our order, a very rude fat, butch women.
That butch women that took our order worst person ever, she was rude, she was also rude with the other workers, I was not ready to order so she told me "ok so you are not eating" and them we wait again really long. She shows up, I was eating a burger that I had in my backpack I was hungry and I did not want to eat there because she was really rude to me, but I had to stay there because all my friends were there. So she yell at me telling me "outdoor foods are not allow" so I apologyse and I put it away but that was not enough for her so she called her manager
and she came to me tell me in very rude wait the same thing embarrassing me in front of my friends.

Them we asked for the bill, and they were charging us stuff that they never bring to us, my friend didn't drink or eat anything because what she order they never bring it to her.

Finally in our wait to the exit they asked me if I paid, and I was like w.., paid what I didn't even order anything.

Nasty food and a horrible horrible service this is definitely the worst restaurant ever.

• Visited June 2014
New Liskeard, Canada
“Quality Food, Good Choices, Nice People”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The only thing I didn't like was the waiting time. I appreciate fresh food, but being diabetic, I feel 30 minutes for a toasted turkey, swiss, and lettuce sandwich with fries and cole slaw in an empty restaurant is a little much. I did complain and the waitress, who was very nice, explained something that I don't remember as I begin to have memory problems when my sugar gets low. My son and I got our food, and even though it was simple fare, the turkey was moist, white, and thick. My son had a BLT and there was enough bacon that he even gave me two slices to put on my own sandwich without making his deplete of it. Very good old-fashioned cole slaw, and although I'm not a big fan of frozen fries, theirs were nicely cooked and crispy, obviously the oil was fresh, so they were actually very enjoyable. Free coffee refills and with hotel coupons we each got a very fresh side of fruit cocktail. With tip, it came to $25 and was well worth it. Just the waiting time was an issue, but it was unavoidable as I found out later. I told them that they should let people know this, though.

Visited March 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Go to the supermarket”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had a sandwich here, thinking it would be a nice diner quality food, obviously not expecting the best. I was presented with under par food, where I was better of going across the road and buying the ingredients myself at the supermarket. Service was good, so not all things were bad, but I may never return.

• Visited March 2014
toronto
“Shrove Tuesday.. paying penance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

have been here a few times over the years.. not horrible enough to never go back but bad enough not to go more than 1-2 times a year. went here on March 4th for Shrove Tuesday as Tuesday is all you can eat pancakes. asked for a side order of turkey sausage with my 10 grain pancakes. we got our drinks fairly quickly but waited a very long time to get our food and when it arrived it was regular pancakes, not the 10 grain that i had asked for. by this time i was tired of waiting so ate them anyway,even though not completely cooked. after finishing them my sausages arrived. warm on the outside but cold in the centre, obviously pre-cooked then reheated. i wanted more pancakes (perhaps the kind i ordered) but our server was nowhere to be seen. we asked another server but she referred us to our missing waitress. after another long wait she came back our way and we ordered a refill. then it was time for the bill.. we waited again but she seemed to have vanished, went to the cash and paid there. told the cashier we didn't have a bill because we hadn't seen our waitress in quite some time.

• Visited March 2014