“Good Place to stay”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Good Place to stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my firest stay at the Hyatt. We where there on business. An older building but, I like the older architecture. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are comfortable. It's location to so many great attractions is a bonus.. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our properties architecture, found our rooms to be comfortable, and location to be convenient. I am excited to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly as well. It is fantastic that you enjoyed your first Hyatt stay, and I very much hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next visit to the Toronto area.

Allie H. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

The service is good, the breakfast is good but the bed was horrible. The sheets were too small and the corners kept coming loose. There was no spring in the mattress whatsoever. The room was showing signs of wear and the towels were very thin and rough. The comforter was lumpy and wifi was expensive. If we hadn't got a good deal through Hotwire I would have been upset. This hotel is in a prime location and could be a lot more comfortable.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Quick easy check in, fabulous modern decor, comfortable beds, close to everything in walking distance, great friendly accomodating stafff, very clean, for business or pleasure its a great place to stay!I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review. I'm so happy your enjoyed the hotel and our wonderful staff. I'm also happy you enjoyed the accommodations and our very convenient location. I will certainly forward your feed back to the hotel management team. We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
Toronto
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Hyatt Regency is located within walking distance to the TTC subway and some of the attractions of Toronto. The hotel itself is maintained very well and the room had new furnishings and an updated bathroom. We stayed here only 1 night but would certainly stay here again if the price was comparable to other 4-stars in Toronto.

Room Tip: High floor with a view of the CN tower would be nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Richmond Hill, ON
Reviewed 3 March 2014

It was an okay hotel. Good location. Great view. But just wasn't worth the price (and parking fees). The hallway was noisy throughout the night even with their strict noise policy. The beds were just okay and nothing to write home about. Parts of the room were really worn and it just wasn't up to the 4 star quality standard that I would have liked. We were disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator. Will be noisy. South side rooms have good views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this review, 25 September 2014
Greetings alexaE,

I am so sorry to hear about your overall stay at Hyatt Regency Toronto not meeting expectations. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and taking the time to write this review. We will be sure to contact our executive management to make the necessary changes and ensure this does not happen to our future guests. We hope you will give Hyatt another chance to show you a great hotel stay. Feel free to reach out to our Guest Relations department if you would like to speak about this matter further.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I'll go ahead and disclose that we stayed here 100% free of charge due to a crazy amount of Hyatt points my husband accumulated during a 5-week long stay at a Hyatt property in another city for business.

Overall we had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful even though we arrived at around 1AM. We stayed for 4 nights over a long weekend.

The room was modern and clean, ample storage to put our things and comfortable bed. Great view from a corner room of the rest of downtown. My one major complaint about the room is the bathroom - there is pretty much zero privacy. My husband and I were both put off by this as there was no real door on the bathroom, just a sliding glass door and you can see right inside when the light is on.

We were able to get free in-room wifi every day again due to our Hyatt points status...I think $9.95 per day is a pretty excessive fee that I would have not been willing to pay out of pocket.

The pool deck was a cool feature, we were bummed the outdoor bar didn't appear to get much use but we did spend a couple of evenings lounging on the patio when the weather was nice. The fitness center was not bad, typical of a hotel with one of each type of cardio and circuit weight machines. All facilities were very clean.

This is a great location near bus stops and walking distance to many attractions and restaurants.

We would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a corner room - great view!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding our staff and their excellent customer service provided during your stay at the Hyatt Regency Torronto. Also, it is always a pleasure to hear that you will recommend this property to others for its friendly and helpful staff, modern and clean rooms, and its great location near bus stops and walking distance to many attraction and restaurants downtown. Your appreciation was forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This is the first time I've stayed at a Hyatt or visited Toronto. I'm only half way through my stay, but I feel like I've seen enough to write a review. I'll break it down into sections.

Check In
I had a pleasant experience checking into the hotel. We checked into 3 rooms and the staff helping us were friendly and welcoming. I requested an extra blanket and it was in my room by the time I got up there. The only hiccup during check in was the one staff member putting a hold on one of our credit cards 3 separate times. Ended up putting a security block on the credit card and had to call the credit card company.

Room
Walking into the room I was pleasantly surprised. I've stayed in quite a few hotels at this price point, but none of them are as nice as this one. Really nice furniture, the lighting is awesome, and the view...it is great. They gave me an amazing view of the CN tower on the 18th floor. There's a huge TV and the room is setup with the ability to plug your laptop into the TV. I brought my Apple TV to keep me company for the 2 weeks and it worked perfectly.

Some people here have said the bathrooms are small. I think it's the perfect size. It's very modern, the shower is a walk in shower with a glass door and wall. The shower head is great and there's always lots of hot water. The only thing I would change in the bathroom is adding a dimmer switch for the lights. The bathroom is really bright in the middle of the night and it would be nice to just turn the lights on a bit instead of full force.

Internet
This hotel charges for internet. $14.99/day. I opted to get the business plan that includes internet, breakfast, shirt pressing, and phone calls. The internet is probably the worst part of my stay. I do a lot of work on the internet and it is just slow and inconsistent. Every time I open my laptop it asks for my room number and name or an access code. It never lets me enter my name and room number so I need an access code. I've probably gotten 8 of these codes from the front desk. It randomly rejects the codes and then I have to call for a new one. Someone told me the code would work for my entire stay but that did not work. Very disappointed in the internet.

Dining
As I said earlier, I have the business plan that includes breakfast every day. It is a breakfast buffet and it is served until 11:30am. The service is hit and miss as is the food. Scrambled eggs were always runny...never fluffy. Bacon was great. They have a nice yogurt bar and a nice oatmeal bar. Juice and milk is included. Everyone is friendly...it's just kind of slow to get drinks.

So those are the areas that I feel are most important for the review. Overall, it's been a good stay. The internet is the only reason it gets an average rating from me. Internet is very important these days.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business