“A little bashed...”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A little bashed around the edges (cigarette burns on the table, faulty tv, scratched furniture) but generally a nice hotel. Service was good but could be improved.

Location was really rather brilliant. I'm pretty sure it was impossible to throw a stone from the hotel and for it to not hit somewhere great to eat!

At risk of sounding fussy I was also disappointed that the restaurant downstairs is never open. Despite there being a delicious looking menu on the site the damn place is only open for two weeks a year! It's not like it's difficult to update a website but perhaps it's a challenging task for Hyatt.

Generally an enjoyable stay, a really good location and a nice hotel. If I were to return to Toronto (and why not indeed, everyone was so nice) then I don't think I'd stay here again but certainly would have no qualms with recommending it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flyingbutterwings
Write a ReviewReviews (2,637)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Toronto for one night, to attend a Raptors basketball game recently. The hotel was great, staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, and made our stay great. Rooms were a little small, but not uncommon for a downtown city location. The bed was SO comfortable, I wanted to take it home. Was close enough to the ACC to walk, however we took a taxi (available just outside the hotel) as it was a little chilly in early April. Had a room with a great city view, we have a veiw of the CN Tower, and the lake behind all the buildings. Only negative would be the bathroom, very small, and nowhere to put all the multitude of things I think I need. But overall a great hotel experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadaChrissy
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is classy. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I saw the CN Tower from my room, which lit up at night. It is all about location here. There is a Starbucks in the hotel as well and a great restaurant and bar areas. Recommend this hotel if you want to be near any of the hospitals as well. Will book this hotel next time I visit Toronto.

Room Tip: My room faced the CN Tower and I stayed on the 20th floor, which is the top floor, facing King Stree...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you so much for the kind review. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and it's great location. I'm delight that you enjoyed the beautiful views of Toronto that our hotel offers. We are so lucky to have great staff working with us and I'm glad they were so accommodating. I will forward your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Toronto for a week in August of 2013 and I liked most things about it. I was by myself...so the size of the bathroom didn't bother me...it was enough space for me. The water pressure was excellent! The rooms looked really nice and the bed was oh so comfortable! It was my first time in Toronto...so I didn't really know my way around...so the hotel location was a plus...close to pretty much everything! And the front desk staff was excellent (there was one in particular that I always gravitated to! He was ready to answer all my MANY questions...and I had a lot! He was extremely patient and getting around was easy because he literally gave me step by step directions...he was awesome!). The lady who cleaned my room also did an excellent job all the time...my room was always clean!

In the mornings...I would walk around King Street and reflect...which was nice...because I don't get to walk a lot where I live. I fell in love with Toronto...and I think the hotel had everything to do with it.

Now...there were some things I didn't like, unfortunately. I paid for internet...and it was crap! I was better off going to the lobby or using my phone to get online! And then we had to pay for parking?! I didn't have a car...but I still think 32$ is a little on the high side! Annnnnd...no refrigerator...or microwave! Ugh! I was there for a week...and while it's nice to eat out...I can’t always afford that...plus it would be nice to be able to heat food up or drink cold water...something! I didn't ask if there was a public use microwave available though...

I'm going back next weekend for 4 nights...and I'm excited to visit Toronto again and stay at the Hyatt Regency! I hope it doesn't disappoint...and that there is a public-use microwave!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank attitudegirl1401
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding our staff and their excellent customer service provided during your stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. Also, it is always a pleasure to hear that you will be back soon and you will recommend this property to others for its style, excellent service, and its great location despite the fact that the property does not offer a refrigerator or microwave in the room, the Internet was not working properly during your visit and the parking price was too high. Please be advised that both your concerns and your appreciation were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel for review and further consideration. Hope to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

The room set up is a bit odd. I had a corner room with a great view but the curtains were too short at the bottom and did not cover the sides of the windows either. It was really bright with the tower glowing all night. The fitness center is small but good enough. I did not like that the bed frame did not have a back and was too big for the mattress. I always manage to ding my leg when the frame sticks out and this was no exception.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Torronto. Despite the nice view you had wit the corner room, I am so sorry to hear that the curtains were too short and did not cover the sides of the windows, and the backbed frame was too big for the mattress. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I apologize for te inconvenience and really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here on my birthday in the Fall of 2013 and had a great time!
The hotel is very modern and sleek- very nice looking.

Everyone from the front desk to the concierge was so friendly and helpful! Someone must have given staff members the word that it was my birthday, so when I checked into my room, there was a decorated plate of cake waiting for me. It is things like this that make the stay memorable and personable! The staff members all genuinely care about the satisfaction of your stay.

The best part of the hotel is the location. It doesn't get much better for the price in downtown Toronto. You are in the entertainment district- there are restaurants and shows galore any which way you walk.

I absolutely loved staying here, would stay again and would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jordan L
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for expressing your great appreciation regarding our World Class Service provided to you during your birthday last Fall 2013 in Torronto. It always nice to hear positive and appreciative feedbacks from our loyal customer. We are grateful to know that those little touches made by our staff made your birthday very special and your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future in Torronto, CA.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

First, the entrance is weird. You have stairs to go to the lobby. Good that i don't have a wheelchair. The room was ok but the bathroom was very bad! It needs a serious renovation! The gym is a joke! They just transformed a room... However, service is good but I don t recommend to go there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Torronto. I am so sorry to hear that you will not recommend our property in Torronto due to some issues you encountered during your stay including: the entrance and Lobby look weird, bathroom dirty and require some renovation, our gym does not meet our Hyatt standard. Please be assured that I will be in contact with our hotel's executive management team in an effort to address your concerns you mentioned in your online review and to ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail at social.media@hyatt.com or by contacting our Hyatt Guest Relations department by phone at 1-800-323-7249 or by e-mail at caemail@hyatt.com if you wish to discuss further your concerns regarding your stay.

I really hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.