“Great Hotel, expensive breakfast buffet!”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel itself is wonderful, modern, great amenities, wonderful service and excellent location in Toronto. The breakfast buffet however was ridiculously priced at $24 a person, for nothing special. The hotel needs to seriously reconsider the pricing.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Toronto on your most recent trip to Toronto!. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the the modern decor, great service and the excellent locations of the hotel. You also addressed your concerns with regards to our breakfast pricing, please know that it will be forwarded to our culinary department. Please feel free to contact me directly at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Toronto

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located on King street opposite Second City. Almost seems to be more restaurants and bars than you can count within walking distance. Couple of blocks to CN Tower.
We were on 19th floor with view of Tower (very colorful at night). Bed and room were comfortable. 17th floor roof top pool was nice. Relaxing lobby and helpful personnel. Parking under hotel (charge of course).

Room Tip: Higher floors for view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto on your most recent trip in Toronto. Thank you for your great reviews and comments about hotel and the surrounding area. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed relaxing at our 17th floor outdoor pool, the views of the CN Tower from your 19th floor bedrooms, our comfortable beds and lastly our helpful and attentive staff. We look forward to having you back soon! Once again, thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Toronto on King.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location right on King Street very near to theaters and entertainment. Room clean, bed comfortable. Air conditioning quiet.

Internet is not free and is $15 per day. I do not like being nickle and dimed especially when the room is not cheap. The washroom on the lower level was a mess paper towels all over the place and there were two girls that appeared to have camped out in the lobby

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is a great location for the surrounding theatres and restaurants. If you are looking for breakfast I suggest walking to Cora's on Blue Jay Way rather than Dunns which is just down the street. The room was small but since our stay was only 1 night it didnt present a problem. The lack of a full length mirror, however, did. The front desk staff were cordial but I wouldn't say they were "welcoming". We did have a pleasant check out as one of the assistant manager's escorted us to the hotel limo for our travel to the train station. It cost considerably more than a regular cab so be prepared if that option is offerred to you. My travelling companion thought it was a hotel service. The roof top pool area is very nice though time did not permit us to take advantage of it. I left 2 items of clothing in the room. They were located and they are holding them for me till I return this week.....I hope.

Room Tip: Not much of a view from our room so if that is important be sure to mention it. Personally I didn...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had the most unfortunate pleasure to recently be a guest at the HYATT REGENCY on King Street in Toronto for a business function. To start off, I must say the facility is going down hill quickly as to what it was a few years back when it first opened as a Hyatt from the Holiday Inn.
Trying to find a staff member that is willing to assist you is like finding a needle in a hay stack.
My experience during dinner was the issue that I must share. While seated for dinner, a guest at our table had to get up to take a phone call. While waiting staff were delivering the meals one of the guest at the table asked for a second meal to placed at the absent guests seating. The waiter was most RUDE and RACIST commenting that we were chinese and we always needing two of everything. Needless to say I almost fell off my chair. If this is the kind of RACIST environment that HYATT REGENCY promotes, I would highly recommend you run as fast as you can. I can only imagine if I was a person of colour, or a person with a physical handicap.
Needless to say, the message needs to get out there and I and the participants at our table will never attend a HYATT property ever again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building are very noisy.
2  Thank Chan L
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We attended a recent convention at this fine hotel. I was particularly impressed with the banquet staff who went out of their way to accommodate my wife's allergy concerns with the dinner. She was more than pleased that her concerns were dealt with immediately and alternate menu items were substituted in a discreet and friendly manner.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Everything was very good. Service great, and obviously some renovations have been happening. While the room was a bit small, it was modern, functional and comfortable. While not 'right' downtown in the heart of the financial district, a nice 10 min walk away. Awesome resteraunts, lounges, and theaters right there. Will definitely stay again.