“Nice looking hotel, but noisy”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After arriving at the hotel we asked what our parking options are. They told us that the best option was their own parking facility which costs 32 dollar per night. Unfortunately this doesn't include valet parking as you would expect for that price. During our stays a at other hotels this month we payed the same amount of money for valet parking. While parking the car the staff in the garage was very rude.

As mentioned by many others the location is great. But the rooms are very noisy. Next to our door of the room there was a hallway air conditioning make a lot of noise, even with the door closed. It's like it's running at high speed all the time. After asking if they could put it on a lower speed they informed me this isn't possible. The air conditioning in the room made even more noise on the lowest setting. Their were also a lot of people in the hallway at 2 am in the morning which made a lot of noise.

The room itself is quite spacious and modern, the bed is comfortable. The carpet on the floor is clean but the edges in the shower aren't. Their is also no refrigerator available in the room.

During our 3 day stay we had 1.5 day of free internet and after that we had to pay 15 dollar a night. That's not something you would expect these days. For the price they charge you it's much cheaper to get a pas as you go 3G sim card which gives you 2GB for one month.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns regarding your last stay at Hyatt Regency Toronto! We constantly strive to ensure that all our guests are pleased with their accommodations. We regret to hear that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The opportunity to speak with you directly is welcomed. Please feel free to contact me at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,639)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed in the Hyatt while in Toronto on business, because someone had told me that the rooftop pool was a nice place to hang out at the end of the day. That part turned out to be true. The rooftop pool is small, but nice.

But, apart from that, I can't recommend this place.

The rooms are very small and feel extremely dated. Like something from the late 80s. The bathrooms are tiny. The showers are not up to the level of a hotel at this price range and I had to almost stand on the toilet to use the bathroom sink.

The rooms are not very pleasant, with almost no drawer space. The bedding was of low quality. And the beds are terribly designed, with a big space between the bed and the headboard. And the room had a slightly musty smell and didn't feel very clean.

The front desk service was fine. But I showed up in a taxi with several bags and no one offered to assist me with them. There was no one around. I had to struggle my way through the hotel to the front desk and then to my room.

I ate breakfast in my room twice and in the dining area once. The room service food was not great, but not terrible. Unfortunately, they forget to replace the order forms both times, so I had to call to get another one. The dining area breakfast was pretty good. Room service ends at 11:00 pm which is also pretty annoying.

Overall, this was not a good visit. I got out as soon as possible. I would not recommend the Hyatt, vs some of the other very nice hotels that are available in central Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefan H

We thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your recent stay with us and regret to hear that your stay was not to your entire satisfactions. We strive to ensure that all our guests are pleased with their accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. The opportunity to speak with you directly is welcomed. Please feel free to contact me at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed three days at this hotel and I thought everything was great. All the staff I came in contact with were very friendly and welcoming.The rooms were very clean and tidy, the bathroom were small but with tastefu decorl I had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and were good, again all staff were great !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert Y
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency Toronto on your most recent trip to Toronto! We were delighted to hear that your stay was both enjoyable and comfortable. We strive to ensure that all our guests are pleased with their accommodations. We especially would like to thank you for commending our staff on their friendliness and welcoming attitude. We were also very happy to know that you appreciate the cleanliness of our hotel and the appreciate the trendy decor. And lastly, thank you for appreciating your dinner and breakfast in our stylish and trendy restaurant. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We got in late so we didn't really inspect the place too much before going to bed. Also when we arrived they stated that they couldn't find our reservation even though we called ahead to book our room. The front desk said that because they didn't actually take our credit card number that the room didn't get booked. (They never asked us for a card number on the phone). We did notice that the room had a very musty smoke smell mixed with some sort of cleaning product. It was pretty run down with chips in the furniture. The tv was a good size though. We both had a hard time adjusting to the smell, and became stuffy very quickly. Aside from that the blankets didn't smell to great either and they felt damp. The headboard was some strange contraption that was away from the actual mattress so your pillows just wound up not on the bed. The darn curtains didn't reach the wall so we used furniture to try and hold them shut. The bed frame has crazy metal corners that are dangerous and seem to attack your shins when you walk by them. Awful sleep, super stuffy upon awakening and noticed even more disappointments in the AM. The bedframe wall had greasy stains all over, shower wall was actually dirty, and the sink didn't drain. Internet connection is near impossible to attain and when we called to voice our disappointment the front desk guy just said "well why didn't you tell us last night?" We weren't about to explain our canceled rerouted flights and

how we were tired, and he passed us through to a voicemail. We stay at many beautiful Hyatt's almost monthly, and this certainly isn't one of them.

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns regarding your last stay at the Hyatt Regency Toronto. We strive to ensure that all guests are pleased with their accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was very happy with the Hyatt Regency. The room was spacious and very trendy. We also had access to a balcony (but you have to ask the concierge to unlock it for you).
The location is a double edged sword - it's right on King street west, walkable to many of the sights, right in the middle of the action. This also meant that it's extremely loud - we could hear car horns and shouting from the street all night. Perhaps it would be quieter not on a Saturday.
The parking was valid until 4pm which was convenient as it let us take in more of the city after we checked out.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Toronto on your most recent trip to Toronto! We were very delighted to hear that you liked our trendy and spaciouis rooms and the location of the hotel. Because of the convenient location of the hotel (heart of downtown entertainment district), in odd times, you may or may not hear the noise coming from the outside. Sometimes it all depends on the amount of outside traffic. I hope it did not inconvenience you in anyway and hopefully it will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Lastly, we would like to thank you for future recommendations of Hyatt Regency Toronto.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here as part of my company Christmas party for 2011 and 2012. The first time we had dinner set with their restaurant and the second time just stayed the evening.

Clean hotel, perfect location to cab it in the downtown area without having to hurt the wallet.

I have and will continue to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relations Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Toronto On King. We were delighted to know that your stay with us was both enjoyable and comfortable. We thank you for yout loyalty and for recommending the hotel to your friends and colleague. We always strive to provide our guest with pleasant and enjoyable experience while staying with us and we were happy to know that we have achieve that with your recent stay. Thank you again and we look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from my trip to Toronto. The hotel was very convenient. The rooms were new and modern. Pillows and blankets were feather which I forgot to check since I am allergic but most people would love. Nice pool on the 17th floor. The only thing that surprised me was that the Starbucks connected to the hotel was not very clean. Unusual for them.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Erika B
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relation Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying with Hyatt Regency Toronto On King. We thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your concern with Starbuck overall appearance and know that it will be forwarded to the appropriate management. On your next visit, please let us know in advance of your allergy restrictions (ie feathers) so that we may remove any feather items in the room. Again, we thank you for staying with us and we are delighted that your stay was both enjoyable and comfortable. We hope to see you soon.