“Great hotel in a very nice location”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #31 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Walking distance to many attractions in Toronto including the CN Tower, Eaton Center, Chinatown etc. The hotel is very well appointed with a nice restaurant bar and even a Starbucks next door. There are plenty of restaurants just outside of the hotel and great shopping too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest relations representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent trip to Toronto. We are delighted to know that you appreciate the location of the hotel which is well positioned to the theatres, restaurant, bars, ball park, shopping, the CN Tower and so on. We hope that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Toronto and we hope to see you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,581)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Though we were attending a conference at the Hyatt most of my comments relate to our personal experiences. They began as I entered the hotel with my wife in a wheelchair. Somehow a person at the front desk was alerted and he rushed to send the lift down to pick us up. He took our luggage and handed it to a bellman and then proceeded to check us in, explain the hotel features, inform us of our internet plan (free for Hyatt members) and provide us with a "We Care" amenity. What a greeting! His name was Kenan and he deserves a shout out.

This is a renovated hotel with a very modern decor. While it is nice to look at, it is less than totally functional. Hotel room designers forget to stay in the rooms they design. But, this was not a total turn off. The staff in every part of the hotel were consistently outstanding. Bellmen, restaurant, maintenance, catering, A/V, you name it they all helped with interest and passion for their job and a desire to please their customers. The catering department did an outstanding job for our conference attendees making sure that every detail was carefully arranged. Alexandre also deserves special notice for his meticulous work.

The hotel location is in center town across from many nice restaurants. We lucked out to arrive during "Restaurant Week" where meals were prix fixe for $25.00-$35.00 per person. The hotel meals were tasty, fresh and served with a smile. We stayed five nights so we had a long opportunity to say we truly enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views and less noise from the street (though it was not excessive). The ho...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank choice9
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest relation representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your AMAZING SERVICE experience at Hyatt Regency Toronto on your most recent trip to Toronto. Being in the hotel industry, we always strive to ensure that all our guests are pleased with their accommodations. We are so delighted to know that we have achieved that we your recent stay with us. We thank you most especially for commending our staff, front office (Kenan), bell staff, restaurant, catering, a/v and so on.

"The staff in every part of the hotel were consistently outstanding. Bellmen, restaurant, maintenance, catering, A/V, you name it they all helped with interest and passion for their job and a desire to please their customers."

Thank you for recognizing all the effort that our staff put into every guest to make their stay enjoyable and memorable-like yours. We thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Toronto.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our room was nothing to complain about. But it was nothing to rave about either. Old, tired, worn, just as many on Trip Advisor had warned us. But what was more egregious than this decrepitude were the amenities that were absent: the fridge we were told would be delivered to keep our iced cake fresh, but never turned up (the confection survived, somewhat languidly, with just air conditioning); the hair dryer that only appeared after a call to Housekeeping (fortunately it was brought to our room before my hair was bone dry); and the clock/radio that we only noticed was missing in the middle of the night when we went to check the time.

Surely the Hyatt could find other ways of bolstering their bottom line!

Tip: complete an inventory of your room the moment you check in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest relations representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your previous stay with us and regret to hear that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. Please know that all your concerns will be addressed accordingly and will be forward to the appropriate department. I sincerely apologize for any inconvience. The opportunity to speak with you directly is welcomed. Please feel free to contact me at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Toronto for a friend's birthday celebration. We have stayed at a number of other Hyatt properties and have always been happy with them. We are Hyatt Gold Rewards Passport members as well.

The location of the hotel is great if you want to be right in the downtown core of Toronto. There are a number of restaurants, shops, and attractions minutes from the front doors. We rented a car while we were there and the self-park worked great.

The only issue we had was the size, amenities, and location of our room itself. While I understand staying downtown means you are going to sacrifice hotel room size, we were not expecting a room this small. Plus, our room had only one small window. Only the suites have full panoramic windows. Also, there was no exhaust fan in our bathroom. This meant two minutes after starting the shower the entire bathroom would fog up and the condensation would remain in there for a long time afterwards. It made getting ready for our formal event difficult.

Overall, it was a good hotel but does not compare to other Hyatt Regency properties in different cities.

Room Tip: Only the suites have panoramic windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your concerns regarding your last stay with Hyatt Regency Toronto. We strive to ensure that all our guests are pleased with their accommodations. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. If you would like to discuss your experience in more details, please feel free to contact me directly at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I've read several reviews that give this incredible hotel three stars and I think they must be "those" people...you know the people who complain about everything that normally others wouldn't complain about? I treat the staff there with respect and friendliness and I get it back tenfold. I wish I could say that they treat me special but I watch as they treat everyone special! From the long conversations when I'm trying to figure out what I want for room service to chatting with Maria or Roy at the bar - (yes, I take the time to remember their names - they appreciate it like you would ) to chatting with James or Abdullah as they serve me perfectly prepared poached eggs to having Jose remember my name and Matt ask me how my weekend was...they are all so attentive and caring. Parry has a great team. I travel for my work and this is by far the most spectacular customer service I have received in Toronto. The rooms are pristine, the gym is excellent, the food is wonderful and fresh, you are right in the HEART of EVERYTHING in Toronto..shopping, entertainment and food. There is a gorgeous pool and sun deck with comfy wicker furniture to rest after a long day of sightseeing or working. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency. I would rather be home with my family, but this place makes up for being away. Here is a travel tip: if you are nice and kind to people, they will reciprocate. This isn't just a travel tip, it goes for everything in life. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed: July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I am so happy to hear that we made for a memorable experience. I will be sure to pass along your kind words regarding the staff you mentioned in your review to our management team. Your recommendation is truly our biggest compliment. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency Toronto in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I want to preface that as a tourist I spent most of my time exploring Toronto and didn't really use the hotel's amenities so location and price were my consideration factors. I booked this hotel through hotwire and after reading the reviews I was a bit worried about our stay. Maybe my expectations were very low going into it but I found this hotel to be a great option . As described by others the location was awesome, situated in the middle of the entertainment district. We were in walking distance from pretty much everything we wanted to go to. The outside of the hotel looked old but the inside was new and chic. The staff at check in were very hospitable and did not treat us differently because we booked through hotwire. Our room was modern, a good size, had a nice view of the CN tower, and up to cleanliness standards. Parking was 32 dollars a day for self park in a public garage (25 and oddly enough the parking elevators required steps. I understand that my opinion is counter to most reviews but overall I was very satisfied.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay at Hyatt Regency Toronto. We thank you for commending our staff for their outstanding job and also, for appreciating the modern decor and cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location, nice gym, very friendly personel but:
1. You don't have a fridge in your room-you have to ask for it and I was put on a waiting list that was quite long ( it seemed they were suprised peopel wanted to have fridge in their room during the summer months!)
2. No free WI FI and it' way to much to pay 20 dollars/a day for slow internet!!
3. In Europe in that type of hotel is normal to book a room and have a breakfast included in price-here you have to pay a lot to have a not so good or big breakfast.
3. Hidden DMP fee-they don't mention it when you make your booking online so it came as a bit of a shock when we were charged aditional 200 dollars plus the tax..
All in all- not sure if the location is worth it! Rhink twice before you book-all that extra money you have to give to them could be spent elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Katarina A
Hyatt_370_King_St, Guest Relation Representative at Hyatt Regency Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your most recent stay with Hyatt Regency Toronto and we regret to hear that your stay was not to your entire satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The opportunity to speak with you is welcomed. Please feel free to contact me at hrtorontoguestfeedback@hyatt.com.