“Great Location!!!”

Ranked #30 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Great Location!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt on a weekend trip to Toronto ... the rooms were nice, the hotel was very clean and the service was excellent. There are many attractions and great restaurants within walking distance. We got a great deal on this hotel!!! I wouldn't stay here if I had to pay the regular rates ... for 300 a night you could probably find something better

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

I recently traveled to Toronto for work. This was my first stay in a Hyatt, and I was not disappointed. The rooms were modern, clean, and a good size. I understand this hotel used to be a Holiay Inn, but was bought by Hyatt and renovated. They have done a lovely job with the renovations, which have given the hotel and the rooms a very modern look and feel. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was great, and I had a great view of CN Tower. I was on the "business rate" which includes highspeed wireless and breakfast. The breakfast was in the restaurant, and I could order off the menu, which is nice. I'm not sure if there is a plan to have a more continental breakfast at some point in the future, as it appears to be set up for that. They gym was very nice - up on the 17th floor, nice treadmills and good weight equipment. It was nice to have great views of TO to look at while running, rather than being stuck in a basement.

My only complaint would be about the high speed internet. If it was not included in my rate, I would have complained about it, as it was horrible. The connection was painfully slow and spotty.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

Stayed at the Hyatt for one night. Being from the Toronto area I'm quite familiar with most hotels and usually stay at the Sheraton Centre on Queen when in the city. I chose this hotel because I got a great deal on their website ($109 CND) and we were in the city for a Blue Jays game and it is only about 3 blocks from the dome.

The hotel itself is very non-descript from the outside. It has no real entrance. There are two glass doors off of King St and a drive up entrance off a side street. Front desk staff were very friendly despite the fact I had requested and early check in when I booked and nothing was availble when we arrived, although two parties ahead of us were checked in. A little annoying, but not major.

I was there with my husband and two kids 12 and 10 yrs. We had a double room on the 10th floor. The room is VERY small. The decor is exactly how you see in the pictures from other reviews. I understand what they were going for, but it just seemed to fall short. The room was clean and the flat screen tv (42"?) was nice. The bathroom was probably the smallest bathroom I have ever encountered travelling. It looked very cool with the bowl sink and frosted door, but there was barely room to turn around and no counter space to put toiletries.

Pool and lounge area on the 17th floor is nice. Has a great view of the city and is quite large.

As others have said, this hotel was full of young 20 somethings downtown to party for the night as it is located in the entertainment district. We didn't have any problems with this except for hearing them stagger in.

The hotel is in a great location for restaurants, shopping,and sports events (no need to get the car out). If it were just my husband and I, and we could get a larger room ,I'd probably give the Hyatt another try. With the kids, I'll stick to the Sheraton.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Vancouver Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

My recent stay at the Hyatt regency in Toronto left alot to be desired.Mainly the house keeping staff.I stayed in one room for a couple of days,waiting a vacancy for a smoking room.In the first room we requested clean towels from the front desk waited 1/2 hour no towels.Took a shower using old towels went for dinner came back still no towels,the next morning when housekeeping came to clean room finally got towels,the bed looked as if it was made but upon pulling back sheets discovered that the top sheet was twisted up in the middle of bed,so they didn't actually make the bed only pulled duvet up.We transfered to the smoking room the next morning after it supposedly was cleaned.
When it was time to go to bed we turned off the lights and got in ,unable to sleep decided to get up for a bit ,turned on light and pulled back the sheets only to discover dried blood on top and bottom sheet and mattress cover.It appears the housekeeping staff did not strip the bed after the previous people checked out.Absolutely disgusting.I will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

I was quite surprised by some of the reviews - we both thought that the Hyatt was brilliant. Firstly it is located perfectly - 2 blocks from the CN tower and Rogers centre in the heart of the entertainment district. Secondly, the place is clean and the rooms are huge. Thirdly, we had excellent service. It is frustrating that you have to pay extra for parking, but this is the middle of Toronto - what else do you expect. We also got a good deal on the hotel so it didn't matter. I think people on this site often winge about the wrong things. At the end of the day we had a fantastic room at very little cost - they need to make their money somewhere so stop complaining and look no further

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency for a night out in Toronto. The location was great, but the concierge was rude when we called down with a question, the rooms not all that clean, and what was supposed to be a non-smoking room left all of our clothes smelling so strongly of smoke that they stunk up our rooms when we unpacked at home. They also charged us for mini-bar items that we didn't use (who would pay $4 for a water bottle when there is a drug store down the street selling them for $1?). They aren't that helpful in resolving complaints either.

This hotel isn't worth it- stay at the Hilton- just as convenient and way better service/amenities.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Sackville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

OK, so as stated by many others, this is the renovated, former Holiday Inn. Like many other chains, Hyatt is trying to make the rooms hip- gone are the tacky floral bed covers and carpets, in are the built in headboards and flat screen TV's. And yes, the room was pretty cool. But, the hallways are so dimly lit that they are a little seedy looking, the elevators were filthy, and although the furnishings/room were brand new, the furnishings were chipped, the sliding door to the bathroom was covered in hand prints, and the place is showing signs of lack of upkeep. I don't expect things will look so hip in another year or two at this rate.

But my real issue is with the price gauging. Internet in your room? 15$ a day. Come on! Even the roadside motels chains have free interent! Parking? 25$ a day- not bad for Toronto- except the parking garage has a sign- SPECIAL 10.95! So if you pay in the garage, 10.95. If you tell the hotel yoo parked there- added to your bill- 25$. And did I mention the bottle of water in your room. A generic, 500ml bottle of warn water- with a $4.00 sticker on it (on this same trip I stayed at a Four Points by Sheraton- which had the same bottle of water in the room with a sticker that read- "It's water- of course it's free").

So Hyatt- for your price gauging alone, I will not stay there again. I don't appreciate it and will take my business elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple