“"BEWARE**MY CAR INCLUDING OTHERS Vanzalized in their underground parking”

Hyatt Regency Toronto
Ranked #32 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 9 June 2010

woke up to find that my car windown smashed into, paid additional to have my car secure and park underground! not just my car byt multiple cars were broken into that night! so much for secure!!! and to top it off they handled it like this wasnt the first time and advised me to contact their 3rd party! security company that doesn't have a direct line....it was a joe shmo with a cell phone. Had to dispute with the hotel manager to have my hotel stay charges revoked adter a confrontational argument! how embarassing!!!
to top it off noone from the hotel or franchise has contacted me to do a followup about the situation! I had to drive home with glass all over in the backseat because their vacum was so called "backed up" due to cleaning other peoples damaged viechles! Do not recomment this hotel to anyone! Very overpriced, Very dramatic, much nicer hotels in the area that are customer service based and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 June 2010

We went there to attend 3 days of baseball. It was exremely convenient to the stadium. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in and I have had extensive domestic and overseas travel. The staff was very acommodating, the facilties were clean and modern except for the elevators. On that note, I read some reviews of about a year ago and the elevators was a source of complaints at that point and it was said they were being repaired. A year later, the receptionist told me they were under repair so it would suggest it is a problem they cannot resolve.
On at least two different occasions, we were in a line of 10-12 people wating for an elevator and on 2 other occasions we had to wait for 5 or more minutes for an elevator to reach our floor. It was annoying.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I am having my wedding in Toronto and my out-of-town guests are staying at The Hyatt on King Street. I live in NYC and went there this weekend to check it out and was blown away! The website pictures DO NOT do it any justice. The hotel rooms are clean and modern with a supreme view of Toronto. The outdoor deck and view is breath taking. The outdoor lounge area is great with a clear view of the CN Tower. If you have never been to Toronto, the location is center-city. Just outside the hotel is entertainment, food, theatre and just a short walk to the waterfront. I was raised in Toronto and highly recommend choosing the Hyatt for your stay. You will not be disappointed....

Reviewed 1 June 2010

All I really care about in a hotel is that it's clean, in a good location, feels safe and the room is quiet enough to sleep in. On this score the Hyatt Regency does very well. It's virtually right next door to a couple of big theatres on King Street West as well as Roy Thomson Hall (a venue for concerts), and the nearest subway station is about 5-7 minutes walk away. I was there to take part in a major convention and didn't hear a squeak from anyone else, although the place must have been pretty full. The Hyatt Regency used to be a Holiday Inn and you can see the similarities -- the bedrooms are small and there is just a shower in the bathroom. Only half the elevators work right now, so it can be a 10-minute wait to get to your floor. But these are relatively minor irritants. My 17th floor room faced directly over King Street West and I didn't hear any noise at all. Another very useful feature was a bank of computer screens next to the front desk which allowed you to check-in electronically for your flight. I was generally very impressed with this hotel.

1  Thank Faience44
Reviewed 29 May 2010

I booked the Hyatt to stay in for my company's holiday party. I booked through Priceline and got an awesome deal for a two-king bed room. Although a little squished, the room was beautiful with lots of earth tones. It came with a flat screen and a glass-walled bathroom. Parking was expensive, at an extra $25 a vehicle. But, I would definitely book here again!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I decided to stay at the Hyatt due to the current Welcome Back promotion. It was my first stay at the hotel and I would say it was dissapointing. I believe the hotel was a conversion and it feels like it was done a little on the cheap. I misplaced a bag with some clothes and called back after checkout. I was told that I had to leave a voicemail with building security and the recorded message said that I could expect a response in 48 to 72 hours. For a full service hotel this in unacceptable. As a Hyatt Platinum I would have hoped someone could have made a simple call to figure out if the bag was in the building or not. On the positive side the rooms look fresh although again some of the items look more fitting of the building's select service past.

Reviewed 24 May 2010

If you like to get a good night's rest, avoid this place. For two reasons: the construction of the hotel and the clientele. This hotel seems to cater to a lot of noisy groups (i.e. teenage sports teams) and other younger partiers in their 20s. We switched rooms and floors after the first sleepless night only to have the same constant drunken yelling and hooting and hollering and running around in the hallway the second night. The hotel claims to have a strict 10pm quiet policy, but it's up to you to enforce it. Coupled with this, the rooms let all kinds of noise in. Even when people are talking with ordinary volume in the hall, you can hear everything in your room. The doors close incredibly loudly. We stayed 3 nights and the noisiest were the Friday and Saturday - only on Sunday (maybe when people were on their way home) did we get a decent uninterrupted nights' rest.

The staff were pleasant and friendly and very accommodating. However, I won't be staying here again. The first time in my life, I actually dreaded coming back in the evening to this hotel! We weren't early to bed either, came in around 11pm on average all weekend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple