“Nice Holiday Inn Express!”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto East
Ranked #69 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 11 December 2011

When traveling for business I primarily stay at Holiday Inn Express, and this is a good one. Nicely appointed rooms, very clean and good service. Your typical better than average breakfast bar just off the very cozy ski lodge like lobby. My only complaint would be there is no wireless in the rooms. The internet in the room is wired, and very fast; however, if you have a tablet computer that does not have a network port, you will have to go to the lobby to get access.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the lobby if you do not have a network port on your tablet computer.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Your review is sincerely appreciated and we thank you for taking the time. Your compliment has made us proud. We are working on providing Wireless Internet; however it will take some time.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel room and bathroom were both clean. My room included a small mini-fridge and flat screen TV. Breakfast was included in the room rate, and had fairly good variety of options. Decor in lobby and eating area was bright with lots of natural wood tones. Room included free hi-speed internet access. Good business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank IceCapBreeze
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and mentioning that we are a "Good Business Hotel". We feel proud and will be looking forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Good Afternoon, I along with our group stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Toronto East in October. We had an exceptional stay bar none. The Staff were very friendly and responsive to our needs. From my many years in the Hospitality Industry, I know that consistent delivery of legendary service is the key ingredient to thrive in this fierce and competitive market. This is exactly what HI express maintains in all areas of their operation. The HI Express Toronto East has and holds Quality Performer awards for Excellence and commendable service. In a nutshell, It Shows! Great Location with convenient accessability to local Highways allowing you to get to and from quickly. When my travels bring me to the Scarborough area, Holiday Inn Express Toronto East is My First Choice for my accomodation needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that your group had an exceptional stay at our property. As we succeed as a team, I shared your inspiring comment with my team members and we sincerely thank you for the recognition. We will be looking forward to welcoming you and members of your group in future. We are proud to be your First Choice and will maintain that with consistent service.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I found this hotel to be exactly as expected after reading some of the reviews. It had everything I needed in a hotel without all of the fancy perks and was priced accordingly. Everything in this hotel is a little older and starting to show its age, however it is not run down or anything (for example the gym equipment looks quite old and used, but the appearance was very deceiving). I would stay here again when on business in Scarborough.

Pros:

- Nice, big, comfortable rooms and comfortable beds
- Free breakfast in the morning was pretty good overall, decent selection too
- Workdesk in each room was a decent size and it was accompanied by a nice chair
- The Keg is next door
- The hotel was fairly full and the noise level was very low when I was in my room
- Soaps and Shampoos were nice and replenished daily

Cons:

- Internet was often quite slow when the hotel had a lot of people staying there and I lost my connection a lot
- Not much else within walking distance to the hotel if you like to explore on foot
- They had free coffee, but it was always very weak so I stopped drinking it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review, your comment is sincerely appreciated. We are always looking forward to welcome our repeat guests, as we build a new relationship and get to know them better.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I had 2 night stay, my experience was amazing during my stay, the ambiance was excellent. The front desk staff were polite and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2011

Dear Guest,

I have shared your compliments with our Guest Service Staff and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We will be looking forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

This hotel has an excellent location near the highway and central to Scarborough . Excellent , Prompt and warm service by the hotel staff. The front desk staff are great and very helpful.
Hotel is providing great and 24 hours facilities for hi-speed internet , fitness area, parking, local calls, news paper and Morning break fast for free!!!!!!

the location of the hotel is too good as its close to highway , Toronto zoo, Scarborough town Centre , University of Toronto and most of local attractions.

I like the room ambiance of the hotel. room was neat and clean. This place is very peaceful.
My overall review for this hotel is just excellent and with the best reasonable rate.

I will surely visit this hotel again and recommend my friends too.

Room Tip: take rooms on third floor to get good view and peaceful sleep
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliment and for your detailed comment. I am confident your review will help viewers to make a better decision. We sincerely appreciate the time taken by you to post your review and will be looking forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Scarborough.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This hotel has an excellent location near the highway and central to Scarborough, ajax and Pickering.

The front desk staff are great and very helpful.

The hotel is showing its age a bit and not up to the standard of most of the newer HI Express hotels.

The breakfast was typical.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NSCanucks
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and also for your kind compliments. Our product has been updated and I am confident you will acknowledge the positive changes on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Scarborough
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Comfort Inn Pickering
#1 of 1 in Pickering
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Toronto East? Share your experiences!