US$285
US$216
US$321
US$249
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$321/night.

US$225
US$216
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

US$230
InterContinental
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$259/night.

Fairmont Royal York(Toronto)
US$503
US$424
US$225
Westin.com
US$269
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanexposed brickfree breakfastyogurtminute drivestay there againthe king size bedconvenience storethird floornight's sleepstayed here for one nightbusiness tripscarboroughlobbyinns
Reviewed 1 April 2014

When you stay at a chain like Holiday Inn, you generally know what you're getting - and let me say up front, I'm not really a fan of hotel chains like this one. However, there are times when they're the best choice for the type of trip you're taking. There's an expected level of mediocrity built into booking a room in this chain.

This was a work trip and we wanted to be close to the location that we were working at, so that was the main reason of choice for the hotel. It seemed much like most Holiday Inns, but was pretty down at heel. The front desk staff didn't communicate well and seemed to have difficulty understanding me when I asked if my colleagues could have main floor rooms - his English was not very strong. Once we got that sorted out, I went to my room and discovered it was across from an ice machine that made an ongoing sound like a cement mixer. I asked to be moved to another room, and they were very helpful.

The next room was down a much quieter hallway, but it absolutely reeked of carpet deodorizer. Claritin time (I have mild fragrance allergies). The carpet was in really rough shape, and I suspect the hallway included or used to include smoking rooms, and the odour in my room also had a slight, ashy undertone.

The upside was that it was clean, the bed was fairly comfortable, the Wi-Fi worked well, the breakfast was fine (standard of what you'd expect) and it wasn't very expensive (you get what you pay for?). But I wouldn't stay here unless there was a compelling need to be near something specific and there wasn't another viable option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 24fps
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your work related visit and we regret the communication skills of the employee mentioned as we do undertake challenges in training co-op students who are new immigrants and pursue hospitality industry as their career. Your comment on our carpet is valid as it is long overdue for a change and we would like inform you that we will have new carpets within next 60 days. We are hoping on your next visit you will make our hotel your preferred hotel in Scarborough.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had a very nice stay at this hotel. staff was accomodating and helpful. Location was perfect, close to highway 401 and east end of Toronto. Breakfast was hot and had lots of choices, bread, bagel, pancake, sausage, egg and fruits.
there is a nice restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Tim Hortons and some fast food restaurants are all within walking distance. Hotel is not new but well maintained and clean. Good value. Will bring my family back in Summer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gonewiththewind f
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and the Excellent Rating is sincerely appreciated. Your assurance of returning is what we strive for and we look forward to welcoming you in the summer.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I liked some aspects of this property. The Breakfast Lady was pleasant and efficient. I like that. I wish the Breakfast started at 6:00 a.m. Business-types need an early start.
I hated the internet server. Slow and cumbersome. It was a major annoyance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pestpilot
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we regret the inconvenience you experienced due to the slow internet speed. We have added additional access points and the speed issue is now resolved. We hope you will give another opportunity when you visit Scarborough and we will look forward to your positive comments.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We just got back from a trip to Toronto and stayed at this holiday inn Express

The front desk was friendly and tok care of one problem we had with the heat, very quickly

We arrivd after a snow storm and the parking lot was full, but was able to park on the street across from the hotel

Breakfast was average, typical of HI Express, but was pleased they left the breakfast area open late for some stragglers ie. us.

My only issue was that there was a strange smell in the hallways, kind of chemical, mildly annoying, but not quite offensive.

This is my. 3rd stay at this HI express and would stay again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenji56
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your comments are sincerely appreciated. Your assurance to return is what we always look forward to and our team will try and resolve the issue of strange smell in the hallways.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I like this hotel so much!
Kind and friendly guest services, hot and good breakfast, clean and nice room!!
I have visited this hotel many times. Whenever I come here, I'm satisfied with everything!

When I came here first time, it was in December. I was impressed by the Christmas decoration in the main floor. It was so lovely!!

When you visit this hotel, you should try the cookies in the front desk!! These are made by the staff everyday and AWESOME!!
The best cookies ever!!!!!

You can feel as if you were in your house!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 301s
DSouzaScarborough, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for the 5 star rating, your comment has made us proud and we look forward to your future visits.