All reviewsroom was cleanexposed brickfree breakfastyogurtminute drivestay there againthe king size bedconvenience storethird floornight's sleepstayed here for one nightbusiness tripscarboroughlobbyinns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here in June 2014 while on a business trip. The hotel is not particularly close to any major attractions, but I was in the area working at a small museum. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, I would heartily recommend this hotel. It is obviously not the newest or nicest hotel, but it is clean, accessible, and the staff are very friendly. I used the small exercise room, which was also clean and had adequate equipment. I didn't eat the breakfast at the hotel so I can't comment on it from experience, but it seemed like a great place to have toast, fresh fruit, or cereal. There is a convenience station within 2 minutes walking distance of the hotel and it took us 30 minutes to drive to the Toronto airport from the hotel. There are very few places to eat within walking distance. You'll want to have a car if you want to go out for dinner. Parking was free as was wifi. My wifi signal was excellent and I was able to stream a movie on Netflix. Some rooms were smoking rooms. Since I am not a smoker I was worried that the rest of the hotel would smell. I didn't notice it at all. Overall, this was a typical Holiday Inn Express experience.

Room Tip: I think the third floor had less noise than the lower rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, it is comment such as yours that assist other guests in making decisions when choosing accommodations in Scarborough. We look forward to your future visit and to your recommended business.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My family and I stayed here on a recent trip to Toronto. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms were very clean and appeared to be well maintained. This hotel is exactly what we are looking for while travelling; a clean, nice , quiet room with friendly staff who is eager to make your stay memorable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We strive for your return business and thank you for your assurance of returning. Your review has made us proud and we look forward to welcoming you, your business is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the place that you would want to stay for a short period of time. Obviously its not a five star hotel and you shouldn't expect 5 star treatment, in terms of, having people help you with your bags and helping you settle you in. Having said that, it is a nice place. It is kept clean and neat. Note that, they only give you complementary breakfast, hence, for lunch and dinner, you will need to go look for food. There are nearby fast food places and coffee shops, so you won't starve. The front desk people were very helpful and helped a lot considering I was new to the area.

The rooms were big and clean. I had a single room with two queen beds. So sleep was comfortable. The room also had heat.

There was WiFi and some computers in the lounge if that is something that you care for.

My stay was pleasant and short. If you are looking for a place to stay for a long time, this is not the place because of an extreme lack of things to do.

But if its 'express' it will be a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wangzmk
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, although we are not a 5 star hotel we were disappointed not earning a 5 star rating review. Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Every year we visit a family friend and when we travel, we always want to find a place that's comfortable and convenient. This place was like a welcome mat to us and we really felt welcomed here, it was great, thanks Holiday Inn!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Your comment was shared with our team and it made us proud, thank you for your business and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Scarborough.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Wife and I and another couple stayed here for one night while visiting friends recently. Courteous and friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms/hotel. Only down side was the complimentary breakfast. Fresh scrambled eggs and sausage just brought in from kitchen were cold and not the best tasting. Neither of us finished our breakfast and it unfortunately went to waste. Stay was comfortable and pleasant but breakfast needs work! Also, ice and vending machines located only in south end of building so inconvenient for guests with north end rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nelson D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for complementing our associates and for taking the time to post your comment. Your concern on breakfast has been addressed with our breakfast contractors and corrective measures are taken immediately. We look forward to your future visits.