“Most comfortable hotel bed ever!”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel while in Toronto for the Yoga Conference. It was extremely convenient staying in the hotel attached to the conference centre, but I wasn't expecting such a great room. I booked a King Junior Suite, and it was a beautiful room! A wall of windows looking out at the lake, lots of room, and clean. The bathroom could use a little updating, but the bed was perfect. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, and this was the best hotel bed ever. I want one! The bedding was great too. The room was unbelievably quiet for such a big hotel. The staff was all very friendly and accommodating. It was a very easy walk to and from the train station, and convenient to everywhere I needed to go. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks for a great visit!

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank trave1gal
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Toronto Centre

Reviewed 19 April 2011

The reservation Manager was extremely helpful in accommodating my request and promptly resolved all my issues. It was a great pleasure to stay in this hotel. Would definitely come back. The rooms were of amazing size (large ) the decor was very soothing especially the rooms with a sofa. The coffee maker was modern and the restaurant was euqally great.
Would recomment this place to any one any time.

Room Tip: Aim to book for a king size bedroom
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dinesh625
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Rooms clean and reasonably sized, has new building feel and lovely lobby. Connected to Metro Convention Center.

Bad news: Beware of restaurant. Their signature Parmesan & Truffle fries are made with Frozen potatoes. They obviously don't care. Good news: There are 100s of better ones within a 10 minute ride.

This hotel is clearly better than the Sheraton, The Hilton and the dumpy Royal York.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MrWonderfulToronto
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights during a conference in march. As such location was 100% perfect as I did not have to go out in the minus 10c climate to get to my meetings.

Room was a good 4 star in my opinion, bathroom a poor 4 star - but adequate. Clean throughout. But certainly not 5star.

Breakfast (included) was excellent and service at the hotel (which was 100% booked and as such stretched) very good.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mungo888
Rodolfooo, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Dear Mungo888,

I thank you for sharing your experience.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us throughout the seven days.

In -10 degree weather, a conference can get quite long if we don't meet your expectations. We understand this, and our team and I are delighted that your were able to appreciate our efforts.

Fax: 416-597-8155

Reviewed 23 March 2011

On February 4th, we stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Toronto.
That evening, my boyfriend (now fiance) took me to the CN Tower (about a 5 minute walk, indoor) and proposed.
When we came back we were looking for some ideas as to what to do on such an exciting evening, not only did they provide us with a map and several excellent choices, they also sent champagne and some desserts up to our room with the words "Congratulations" written on the plate in chocolate sauce!
Throughout our stay the staff of the hotel was incredibly helpful. Plus there was the added bonus of the luxurious hotel room, amazing salt water pool and spa, and the BEST continental breakfast I have ever had.
I would stay here again and again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Snufflebubble
Rodolfooo, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2011

Dear Snufflebubble,

Our team pride's itself on making memories. They'll be very excitied to learn that that your experience was so outstanding and their efforts so appreciated.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and I thank you for sharing.

My congratulations to you both!

Fax: 416-597-8155

Reviewed 22 March 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel and it was great. Took the GO Train from Burlington and the hotel is next door to Union Station. Check in was breeze on Saturday afternoon for 1 night. I had selected the Luxury Weekend Package with breakfast & Superior room and was upgraded to a deluxe room corner room on the top floor - nice touch. When we unlocked the door to the room (2500) my wife & I were startled when I heard a voice in room but it was just an employee announcing his presence and was just finishing up filling the mini-bar. Minor hiccup to a wonderful stay. Did not have time to use the amenities so I cannot comment on the facilities now, however on my last visit the hotel Pool was refreshing.

The hotel is in the middle of the Entertainment district and allowed us to walk to where we wanted to visit (Queen Street, Rogers Centre, Real Sports, Scotiabank Theatre) and we took the subway from Union Station to places that weren't walkable.

The Breakfast Buffet was $26 each but since we were given vouches at check-in there was no charge. The buffet was your typical buffet: eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, muffins, toast. Next time I need a hotel in Toronto this will be the place.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank coleco76
Rodolfooo, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2011

Dear coleco76,

Thank you for your review.

I compliment you on taking the train into the heart of the city; a clever, green option that can save time and frustration against rush hour and event traffic congestion.

As you mention, there is so much to do and see within steps from our front door. But don't neglect the wonderful facilities we have within our hotel; our theraputic Himalayan salt hot tub, and 48ft saline salt swimming pool, under a beautiful light filled atrium. I also recommend a theraputic massage, or any of our Spa services to pamper yourselves.

I look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre on March 19th 2011. I also had the privilege of being served by the utmost courteous and professional hotel staff I've ever encountered namely Mr. Rick Solomon and another front desk worker whose name slips my mind. As a regular business traveler I am no stranger to hotel stays however this experience was a memorable one for the following reasons.

I showed up after 10pm and advised I was looking to surprise my partner with a special evening out on the town. Mr. Solomon did more then I could even ask for to ensure that my stay was a pleasurable one. Check-in was incredibly rapid, our room was turned around and ready within minutes, a surprise also made it up to the room on time and we were provided an incredible room with an even more incredible view.

ICH group has gained a new customer and I look forward to my future stays with Intercontinental.

* Honorable mention goes to the concierge Genevieve who gave terrific directions as well the other front desk worker whose name slips my mind.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple