“Victoria made my stay even more perfect”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is within walking distance to almost anywhere you would want to go.It is besde the Via and Go station. We walked to the resaurant "Eleven" . If you walk through the hotel you can choose to walk inside through front of Convention Centre and at the very end exit at the Second Cup and climb the stairs to eat at Baton Rouge. With the extreme cold this week that was wonderful. The restaruant at the InterContinental is a great choice for any meal of the day. It is called Azure.
My room was very clean and the bathroom pristeen. I could care less if it is a little outdated, what I care about is cleanliness. The bed and pillows were just like home, absolutley delightful to crawl into. Liked the complimentary copy of The Globe daily and the complimentary Keurig pogs with your own Keurig machine. Loved the "free" internet..just ask them when you check in for the membership. It is no charge and they will send the card to your residence and each time you stay at an InterContinental you build your points....that saved me $56.00 for my 4 day stay.Victoria looked after my room on the 7th floor and she was above and beyond in service. It was a pleasure to come into the bathroom and find she had laid out all my hair things on one small towel on the huge vanity and body stuff on another. It really made me feel like I was "at home and appreciated." I chatted with her briefly one day and thanked her and she replied.."That is the way of the InterContinental Hotel. Wherever you go with them, you will find the same. They want every guest to feel special. Victoria took no credit for herself. I have stayed at several hotels in Toronto over the years but this will now become the one of choice. My closing message would be that if you choose to visit Toronto you can't do it on a shoestring. This kind of service comes with a price, however I found my check out invoice to be more than reasonable.

Room Tip: On the 7th floor I could hear traffic and I don't mind but if you want quit from the traffice as...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Ann R,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and are excited that we have gained your loyalty. Our team prides themselves on exceeding our guests’ expectations and creating memorable experiences for them, and we are delighted that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

We were also overjoyed to read that you received such exceptional service from Victoria and we will be sure to share your kind remarks with her. Victoria always aims to ensure our guests needs are taken care of and we will certainly recognize her internally for providing you with the superior "at your side" service we are best known for.

When planning your next visit, I would be delighted if you would contact me personally. It would be my pleasure to have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty and ensure your next stay is just as unforgettable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return!

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Toronto Centre

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in June 2013. Hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are nothing special for the price. Bathroom is very outdated, old style tub and shower. We stayed at a lot of hotels this summer and this was the only one that charged for parking. We had to pay 45 dollars per night on top of what we were paying for our room. It was nice to know that my truck was parked underground at the hotel but the price was a bit much. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at all summer and on top of the room rates, and parking rates they expected 20 dollars per day for wifi. I thought this was a bit much for a nice hotel. there was a point when our door wouldnt lock when we left, then we got locked out of our room because the key cards randomly stopped working and had to get hotel security to help us. Our breakfast was included each day which was one of the good things about this place. It was clean and the location was great but all these extra charges really put a damper on the place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stevo_b27
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear stevo_b27,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. While I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as our buffet breakfast during your visit last year, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations overall. I have shared your concerns regarding our valet parking with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing areas for improvement internally.

Regarding our internet pricing, I am pleased to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The membership is free to join and offers many additional perks as well.

As we value each and every one of our guests, I would appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in further detail. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me personally at your convenience.

Thank you again for reviewing us and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Christian Potvin
Director of Rooms
christian.potvin@ihg.com

Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband & I just spent a weekend in Toronto and stayed at the InterContinental. What a great place to stay! The location is perfect - within walking distance to most attractions.

Our room was clean and the king size bed was very comfy. We had a great view of the CN Tower and the surrounding area. The staff at the hotel are all very professional - everyone we encountered on our stay was friendly & helpful, from the door men to the front dest to the cleaning staff, they were all great.

A visit to Azure Restaurant in the hotel for French Onion Soup is a must! It was absolutely deicious. The breakfast buffet, although a bit pricey, was also very tasty, with a lot of selections.

This is definitely the hotel to stay in when visiting downtown Toronto, we have no complaints and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaseyK1

Dear KaseyK1,

We are delighted to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to know that you not only received outstanding "at your side" service from our team, but also had the opportunity to indulge in the culinary offerings provided in Azure.

We are excited to hear that you will be returning in the future, and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your future visits. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your travel arrangements and have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had two nights booked at the intercontinental while on business in Toronto. Unfortunately I had some really challenges with my flights given recent weather which resulted my getting stranded in Ottawa for one of the nights I was to be in Toronto. I had actually booked the Intercontinental via Booking.com and I was concerned that I may not be able to modify my reservation without penalty at the last minute. However the Booking.com rep called the hotel and explained my predicament and they were completely understanding and modified my reservation to just one night without any penalty. In a world where you expect the worse sometimes in business it was really refreshing to see how both Booking.com and in particular, the Intercontinental Toronto dealt with this situation which is why I felt the need to write a review.

When I finally did arrive in Toronto the next morning I was welcomed at the front desk and offered the opportunity to check in early. The service at the Intercontinental was impeccable and everyone from the doorman to the reception to the cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful.

I ended up in a room with a view looking out to the water and the CN Tower which was fantastic and made for a particularly nice view at night as the CN Tower changes colours.

Bottom line I was extremely satisfied with my stay and really would like to that the hotel for their understanding of the travel delays which, while beyond my control, was also beyond theirs and they were not obliged to deal with my situation as they did. Top rate and I will be back staying at the Intercontinental again!

One small note ... no free wifi in hotel room ,,, no the end of the world and given they had been so great I was not bothered by paying although as a business traveller I always prefer to access free internet from my room or at a minimum have the price built into my room rate so that I don't see it. This is not a criticism of Intercontinental and the same comment would apply to any hotel. Wifi and/or internet access from the room needs to be viewed as a basic sevice in today's day and age.

Thanks again Intercontinental Toronto Centre for great service and a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank iantraveller

Dear iantraveller,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received such exceptional service from everyone on our team. It is always our goal to accommodate all of our guests needs and it is wonderful to learn that we were successful in doing this for you.

We are also delighted to let you know that we now offer complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards members. The program is free to join and offers many other benefits as well. Should you wish to received more information on the program or require any assistance with your future reservations, please feel free to contact me personally.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night as we were attending a concert (without the kids). Pleasant staff and beautiful, clean hotel. Comfortable beds and awesome view from our room. We will definately stay here again.. Thank you

Room Tip: Beautiful, clean hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funtotravel66
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear ann_666,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to read that you and your husband enjoyed our comfortable accommodations and breathtaking views during your stay with us. It was also great to read that our team provided your with the superior “at your side” service we are best known for.

When planning your next trip to Toronto please feel free to contact me directly as I would love the opportunity to assist you with your reservation and show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here just after Christmas and for New Year and could not fault the hotel and it's staff one bit. Arrived just after 9pm at the hotel after spending 19hrs of travelling from the UK to warm welcome on reception from Rebecca who is an absolute credit to the hotel. We were initially allocated an upgrade and a newly renovated room on the 20th floor however this was amended to the 13th floor overlooking Union Station and we couldn't fault the room (not a renovated one but really good still). Didn't eat in the hotel due to being on a budget so can't comment on food. People complain about the wifi being $17 however we found that there was also an option for $13 which we didn't have a problem with - cheaper than a lot of UK hotels. As we were departing for the airport one of the pipes in the front door area burst due to the freezing weather however this was handled perfectly well by the staff, and the young lad on the door was as polite as he ever was (another credit to the hotel). Being a former IHG employee I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and hopefully will be back later this year :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WooWoo86

Dear WooWoo86,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holidays! Our team always strives for excellence and it is a pleasure to hear that Rebecca as well as the rest of our team exceeded your expectations.

We are also delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well.

We are excited that you are planning a return trip later this year and I welcome to contact me personally should you require any assistance with your reservation.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of a fantastic stay in Toronto over New Year. I had a fantastic view of the CN Tower and the lake from my room, which was on the 16th floor (I received a free upgrade on arrival!). The king sized bed was extremely comfortable and I had a fantastic night's sleep.

Due to the bad weather the east coast was experiencing, two of my friends' bus to New York was cancelled. The man at the front desk kindly called for a single bed to be added to my room at no extra charge which was really nice.

Unfortunately the swimming pool was closed which was a little disappointing, however hotel guests were offered complimentary use of the Fairmont's facilities which were less than 5 minutes away. The Fairmont's facilities were excellent with a nice (but slightly small) pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna with nice beauty products in the changing rooms.

Overall, this hotel is in a fantastic location, with very accommodating staff and incredible views. The only downside of this hotel is having to fork out $17 for one night of internet, which was rather expensive considering that for the previous three nights I had been staying at a hostel which cost me $25 for my bed per night and included free internet and breakfast. If you have the money, I would definitely recommend coming here if you are staying in Toronto.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear ForYourEntertainment,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and received such outstanding service from our team. I am also happy to let you know that the pool area has been repaired and is now fully operational.

In regards to our internet pricing, I am delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many other benefits as well.

Should you wish to receive more information on our IHG Rewards Membership or require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.