“Noisy, but a great stay if the price is right!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Toronto Centre

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #22 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Mississauga, Canada
“Noisy, but a great stay if the price is right!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The hotel atmosphere is fantastic, and the staff seemed more than eager to please. The hotel is a five minute walk from Union Station, and is in a great location for those doing business in the Financial District or just sightseeing. The room itself was large (two double beds) with ample seating area and a decent washroom. There was a surplus of complimentary toiletries and a bathrobe for use. Three major complaints though: 1) our room (6th floor) overlooked the train tracks going into Union Station which was very noisy after 5am (obviously not the hotel's fault, but request a room on the other side perhaps) 2) The heating/air conditioning was beyond loud. It was necessary as it was -25 in Toronto that night, but the units definitely need an upgrade. It woke me up every time it turned on. 3) The shower head appeared to have been made in the 50s, and it trickled at best. Lastly, I believe you had to pay for wi-fi but I am not sure about this as I didn't bother after seeing the billing request. Overall a great hotel in the perfect location, but minor upgrades are needed for light sleepers like myself.

Room Tip: On the side of the hotel away from the train tracks
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Keith F,

Thank you for your comments and valuable feedback. We were glad to hear that you not only enjoyed our convenient location during your recent visit, but more importantly the superior service our team provided you with.

I would however like to apologize for any noise disruption you experienced in your guestroom. I have shared your comments with our Engineering team who is reviewing the matter to ensure any issues are rectified immediately.

I am also delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members. The program is free to join and offers many additional benefits as well.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in further detail or if you require any assistance when planning your future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights on business. Stayed here a couple of weeks after an incredibly dismal stay at the Fairmont Royal York.

Really like the Intercontinental. Everything you want out of a business hotel. Spacious, super clean. Fantastic staff.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear ahbrown,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your most recent stay with us. It is always our goal to ensure our guests’ needs are met and it is pleasure to read that we were successful in doing this for you.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a nice hotel. You are close (walking distance) to CN Tower, Air Canada Centre, shops and restaurants. The fitness facility is nice and they have an indoor pool. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear JK_Queen,

Thank you for your kind comments and recommendations. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as our fitness areas and pool oasis during your recent stay with us.

We are always overjoyed to receive such wonderful recognition from our guests and we look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future.

Should there ever be anything I can assist you with when planning your future trips to Toronto, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here for a few nights while traveling for work. Upon hearing that I was visiting all the way from SF, the guest services agent upgraded to me an amazing corner room with a great view of the CN Tower!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear sk415408,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade and had the opportunity to take in the breathtaking views during your stay. Please feel free to let me know when you are planning your next visit, as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to assist with your reservation.

Thank you for choosing our location for your visit from San Francisco and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had a very nice stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre (in the heart of down-town Toronto). I had stayed over this past weekend (Feb 8th), while celebrating a friends birthday. My friends and I had a wonderful time out-on-the-town and at the hotel.

For the what I had paid, I thought it was excellent value for what I got. Here are some highlights of my stay.

- Great value (for what I had paid - mind you to my advantage, it was a slower/calmer week for the hotel). For $265, luxury/renovated suite, breakfast in bed etc.

- Lovely bright, stylish and spacious junior suite with very nice panoramic city views of the financial district (see photos).

- Very nice and comfortable room furnishings with a designer feel.

- Wonderful plush beds, with good quality linens.

- Bright, clean bathroom with a nice large vanity and a good shower.

- Fantastic, above and beyond housekeeping and concierge service. Many thanks to Stephanie at the concierge desk for all her help with my stay.

- Yasir at the Front desk, was very friendly, personable and professional when checking me in.

- Nice, bright pool and spa lounge area. Great service at the spa too.

- Great location (very central, close to all transit, shopping, dining needs and anything else you could want).

- Very nice room service, with a great food presentation. But room service (like at most luxury hotels) here is very, very pricey. So do be aware of the prices.

Here are few reasons why I have not given my stay a 5-star rating:

inconsistent service:

- When trying to reach the reception / call centre, it takes forever to get thru. There were times, where I had waited over 10 mins on hold, just to try and reach something on the other line. This is not acceptable for a busy, 4-star luxury hotel. Very unreliable to get thru, had to call the concierge, as at least they pick-up the phones.

- At times, I found some of the front desk staff a little snotty. When requested for a later late check-out time, I felt a little bit of attitude for asking. Also when checking out, the receptionist was not very friendly and never asked how my stay was.

- Slow service, when asked for room-service / housekeeping to come up to my room for my different requests. Almost any request seems to take such a long time. I found this a little surprising for such a large property.

Other little things:

- Spa locker rooms are a little dated and dark for a spa.

- I took a peak at the Club Lounge, it really, really needs an overhaul. Found it looking, dark and dated for a luxury property.

- Parts of the room (like the carpet / walls) are already looking a little warn. A little surprising for a newly renovated room.

- Bathroom is small and fairly basic, nothing special (no "wow" factor).

All in all, I still had a very enjoyable stay and really appropriated the value for what I got with my stay. I was especially pleased with the concierge and housekeeping team. Still, if you can get a good room rate, stay in a renovated suite on a high-floor and you'll have a great time!

Room Tip: Make sure to book one of the renovated rooms/suites on a high floor. Both the city view and CN-tower...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Wowtravels,

Thank you for your kind remarks and feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to recognize Stephanie and Yasir personally. We will be sure to share your comments with them as well as recognize them internally for providing you with such memorable service.

We will be following up with the appropriate departments regarding the feedback you shared regarding some of the service you received and will ensure all areas are addressed accordingly. We are also delighted to let you know that our Executive Team is currently reviewing options to have the Club Lounge and Spa Locker rooms updated in order to ensure we exceed our guests’ expectations.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further or if you require any assistance with your future reservations, please do note hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Location is right next to the train station and it is attached to the convention center. So it is a great location. Only Complaint, I had better water pressure in Cuba.
Everything else was fine.......

Room Tip: Make sure your not in a room over looking the pool. It smells of chlorine.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Killage,

Thank you for your review and feedback. While I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, I apologize that the water pressure in your guestroom bathroom fell below your expectations.

We take the feedback we receive from our guests very seriously and I would be delighted if you could contact me directly to provide more information, such as your name and room number. This will allow our engineering team to ensure all concerns are rectified.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed on Saturday after doing some testing fro my workplace, we decided to stay for the night and catch the Leafs game because the hotel is so close to the ACC. Beautiful Hotel, Beautiful room, great service, i guess we had a luittle too much to drink at the game because after we ordered some drinks at the bar and walked back to the room with them. apologies but the hotel was still a gracious host and i cant wait to go back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jayf89,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our team was successful in exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure that all of our guests receive first class service and we are thrilled that we had the opportunity to deliver this to you.

We are delighted that we have gained your loyalty and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your future visits.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.