“Hospitality +”

Ranked #22 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Westfield, New Jersey
“Hospitality +”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently had a two night here. After a long drive I was very pleasantly surprised how quickly I was checked in and how comfortable the room was. I was in town to visit my daughter and wanted something close to her theatre district apartment this was the perfect spot. I did have to complain about a party that was going on in the next room, management handled my complaint perfectly. Without hesitation our room was changed. Everyone involved was extremely professional I've been to hotels where the guest isn't always treated this way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Kate J,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to provide our guests with prompt and professional service and we are thrilled to read that we were successful in delivering this to you.

When planning your next visit to the city of Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally as I would love to have the opportunity to assist with your next booking and ensure your future stays are flawless.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to hosting you again.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was our first time at this particular hotel and I must say it was almost a 10. The only problem we had was with the Bed. We booked the King Jr. Suite for two nights. Upon arrival were quickly greeted by staff, our luggage off loaded and our car Valet parked.

Check in was quick and easy, we were put in room # 1237 over looking the new Toronto Aquarium, Rogers Centre. The room was large and very bright with the wall of windows but a little dated and the furniture not in such good shape.

After being out all day at the home show and walking around the city we came back to the hotel for the night. The next morning both my husband and I woke up with very sore lower backs. We had no idea that the Kingsize Bed in our room was so bad. There is absolutely NO SUPPORT left in the mattress.

Even today 4 days later we still suffer back pain. If I could make one suggestion to visitors "LAY DOWN ON THE BED IN YOUR ROOM BEFORE YOU UNPACK AND MAKE SURE IT IS WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTING" and to the owners of the hotel " DO A BED CHECK EVERY COUPLE OF MONTHS, LAY ON THE BED AND SEE IF YOU YOURSELF WOULD SLEEP ON IT, IF NOT CHANGE IT". Your guest pay good money to stay at your hotel and with a RACK RATE of $580.00 per night we should get what we pay for.

This is not to say that we will not return to this hotel but when we do we will check out everything before we get comfortable in our room and if it is not right we will go down to the manager to discuss it.

Thanks again to all the staff you helped to make the stay a little brighter.

Room Tip: Great Hotel when it comes to location. Rogers Centre, Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Toronto Aquar...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LAMB2020,

Thank you for your comments and valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the "at your side" service you received from our team during your stay with us. We would however, like to apologize that the mattress in your guestroom fell below expectations. These comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping who will be reviewing this area to ensure any issues are rectified immediately.

Should you wish to discuss your experience in greater detail or if there is anything I can assist you with in the future, please feel free to contact me personally.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Twice a year for many years a small group of family, friends and myself stay at the InterContinental Hotel. Every Spring we attend Toronto ComiCon and in August we attend FanExpo. My stay has always been pleasant with no issues whatsoever. The rooms are ALWAYS clean, spacious and comfortable. All amenities and services are terrific. I have zero complaints of this hotel and never have.
Recently I booked a room for this past weekend's Toronto ComiCon for myself, another adult and a child. I was told at the time of my booking that there was a room on the Club Level floor available for roughly the same rate that I normally pay for a two bed room. I was also told that rooms on the Club Levels (8th & 9th floors) have access to an 8th floor lounge with complimentary snacks, complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and complimentary breakfast. Sounded good to me...I told him, "Book It!"
We arrived Saturday morning and were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready for us, well before the actual check-in time. As we exited the elevator we could see the two concierges at the entrance of the lounge. They warmly welcomed us with smiles. Our room was just down the hall a little and was as wonderful as always...maybe even a little larger than previous rooms I'd had on other floors. We unpacked and decided to check out the lounge. The concierges were absolutely wonderful. The complimentary snacks were delicious and plentiful. The complimentary non-alcoholic bevies were bottomless. And the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing.
We went down to spend our day at ComiCon but when we got hungry, forget about the greasy food court crap, it was back to lounge for a delicious Afternoon Tea and snacks. Then it was down to ComicCon again. And when it was time for dinner we were back at the lounge for complimentary pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres. We actually ended up staying there relaxing and laughing and enjoying ourselves until it closed at 10pm. Then it was back to or room for movies and sleep.
The next morning the complimentary breakfast was Continental but with eggs and sausages which made it delicious and more than adequate. The girls I was with then spent a few hours enjoying the pool and sauna in the Spa on the 3rd floor. They came back to room completely happy with their Spa experience. Then it was downstairs for more ComiCon. After another full day, we were exhausted and ready to check out. I requested a late check out that morning and was glad that we were allowed to check out at 3pm...now THAT was Awesome!! Special thanks to the front desk attendant that I spoke to (sadly, I can't remember his name) who arranged the 3pm check out..
While I'm at it, Special Thanks to JESSICA and TODD who worked the desk on the Club Level. Extremely friendly, extremely helpful and extremely kind and polite. I explained to them that anytime I've ever stayed at the Intercontinental, the staff usually treated me with a certain amount of indifference. This stay, Jessica and Todd treated myself and my companions in such a way that made us really feel as if we were actual 'welcomed guests'. They were absolutely terrific and I suggest that anyone who stays on the Club Level should seek these two out as their service is wonderful.
One Complaint: The only negative thing I can say about the hotel is not necessarily about the Intercontinental Hotel itself but about their restaurant. I have to honest...The Azure Restaurant is a complete rip-off. It's a totally overpriced place to avoid. You can walk out the front door of the hotel and be surrounded by literally dozens of more economical and varied dining choices. BUT, the one time they'll definitely get you is that there's nowhere to get breakfast in the immediate area of the hotel. So you end up having to pay something like $30 for their Breakfast Buffet. $30..Jeez..
In conclusion, I've stayed at the Intercontinental Toronto hotel many times...this time was the best. I'll back there in August for FanExpo..

Room Tip: Ask for a room on The Club Level...you won't regret it
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Phantom1570,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We truly appreciate your ongoing loyalty and are delighted that your most recent visit exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the personalized service provided by Jessica and Todd on our Club Level and we will be sure to recognize them internally for ensuring your stay was memorable.

We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding our restaurant pricing and have shared your comments with our food and beverage team who will be reviewing ways we can improve in this area.

Thank you again for sharing your review and should you require any assistance when planning your future stays please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed here when in the city for a hockey game. The hotel is in a prefect location~ very convenient to Union Station and to the ACC. Upon arrival we were upgraded from our standard room to a beautiful Club room~ we loved the views, the sitting room, the window seat and the wonderfully comfy King bed. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. And all the little extra made us feel like VIPs. This is a beautiful property, very clean, wonderful staff. We will definitely stay here again, and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting downtown Toronto. Loved it!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Cheryl G,

We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to take in the breathtaking views from our guestrooms. Our team always aims to create memorable experiences for our guests' and it is pleasure to read that we were successful in doing this for you.

We would also like to thank you for your recommendations and are excited that we have gained your loyalty. When planning your future visits to Toronto, I welcome you to contact me personally as I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation.

Thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to your return.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This is a great location, large comfortable rooms! Wonderful staff who go out of their way to be accommodating!
Recommend for business or family stays. The hotel is a great choice for visits to Ripley's aquarium.
My new favorite spot for Toronto visits!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Willijb
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Willijb,

Thank you for naming us your new favorite place to stay in Toronto! We always strive to provide our guests memorable experiences and we are delighted that we were successful in doing this for you.

I invite you to contact me personally when planning your next visit as I would love the have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel adjoins the convention centre and close to everything downtown. The welcome on checking in is great and warm. The rooms was very nice with Bose sound system, window lounger and a great bed. The Azure restaurant is great though expensive, the breakfast buffet at $32.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Paul L,

Thank you for your review. We are excited to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is always our goal to ensure our guests’ needs are met and we are glad that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next stay, as it would be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My fiancee and I stayed for three nights at the IC recently and had a lovely time. The hotel is well located for the Aquarium, CN Tower, Air Canada centre, the stop for the hop on, hop off bus and many other downtown attractions. It is also walking distance to lots of restaurants.

We stayed in a junior suite and requested a high floor but were given floor 4. However, the room was very spacious, clean and modern. The bathroom needs updating and was nothing special, we were also only given one robe despite booking for two people, I know we could have requested a second but when they know two people have reserved I think two should be provided.

Breakfast was delicious with a buffet 28CAD or menu but it wasn't cheap and on weekends the prices all went up, buffet became 32CAD! I thought this was a little cheeky as had never experienced this before.

The pool area was nice, although we weren't allowed to eat from the spa menu unless you were having a treatment and wifi is a good service but does cost, I think around 15CAD per 24hrs, again when paying for a junior suite I think this should be included.

All in all the staff were friendly and helpful, the hotel is well located and spotlessly clean. We had a very pleasant stay and would recommend this hotel to others visiting Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and view of the CN Tower
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LRE517
Dear LRE517,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments and valuable feedback. We were delighted to hear that you and your fiancée enjoyed our convenient location as well as the comfort of your guestroom during your recent stay with.

I have shared your comments regarding your guestroom experience as well as our buffet breakfast pricing with the appropriate departments and can assure you that both of these areas will be addressed.

I am also delighted to let you know that we are now offering complimentary internet to all of our IHG Rewards Members; the program is free to join and offers many additional benefits.

Should you wish to receive more information on our IHG Rewards Program or if there is anything I can assist you with when planning your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.