“Home away from Home”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stay here regularly every March for a few days. The staff are wonderful and really pay attention to detail. The exec lounge staff (Vera and Cherise) are lovely people who easily interact with their guests, make you feel right at home.
Rooms have great views and the restuarant has excellent food. looking forward to my next stay.Doug Kiriwn
Thailand

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear dkirwin,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and one again received the superior "at your side" service our team is best known for. We would like to thank you for taking the time to recognize both Vera and Charise and we will be sure to share your kind remarks with them both.

Please let me know when you are planning your next visit, as I would love the opportunity to show our gratitude for your loyalty and personally assist with your reservation.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

M5V 2X3

Write a ReviewReviews (2,828)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed here for business for 3 nights. Staff are all really friendly and polite. Rooms are clean and would all appear to have great views out over Toronto. Bathrooms could do with updating but otherwise fine. Definitely one of the top downtown Hotels I've stayed in.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear danboy95,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and received such superior "at your side" service from our team.

We appreciate your feedback regarding our guestroom bathrooms and are happy to let you know that we do have plans in place to have our bathrooms updated in the near future.

We look forward to providing you more memorable experiences in the future and should there ever be anything I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I had a wonderful stay in Toronto and eager to visit again it was so enjoyable. Room was very quiet on the 16th floor and great view even with the snow storm. Front desk is so accomodating I could not imagine people having a bad experience. I would like to thank Minda for her kindness and professionalism. Thank you again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Richard3450,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to the vibrant city of Toronto. Our team always strives to accommodate the needs of our guests’ it was wonderful to hear that we were successful in doing this for you.

When planning your next visit please feel free to contact me directly as I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to personally see to your reservation.

Thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My name is Samantha Twynam I often stay in Toronto and I have been trying to find a comfortable "feels like home" experience. Finally I decided to stay at the InterContinental Hotel and you wont find me at a different hotel in Toronto again!

The beds were amazingly comfortable, the room was quiet, the front desk was spectacular, and my overall experience exceeded my expectations (which is sometimes hard to do).

The location of the hotel is great for people wanting to have an enjoyable time with their families, go out for a good time, and even just to get away and relax.

There is convenient underground parking for a relatively good price for Toronto.

Finally, Jessica Webb the Executive Assistant at the hotel is one of the most pleasant, helpful and involved assistants I have ever encountered. She made our experience what it was.

My suggestion is pay the little bit extra to stay in one of their feature rooms because the overall experience was amazing.

10/10!

Room Tip: Pay the extra to stay in one of their feature rooms it is completely worth it
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Samantha T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us on TripAdvisor. It was my absolute pleasure to assist you during your recent visits and we are very excited to have gained your loyalty. It is always our goal to go above and beyond for our guests and we are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations.

Should you ever require any assistance when planning your future stays in Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I recommended this hotel to my good friend and her parents when they were on vacation from Germany. I informed the hotel in advance that they will be checking in early and that I will not be with them during that time. They were very accommodating and the check in was quick and easy. This is great service!

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are modern and looks very nice. There an Orchid and it looks nice. The decor is great.

Location is perfect especially for people out of town, CN Tower is next door, Aquarium is walking distance and lots of nice restaurant around.

Whenever I'm in town and have to stay over night and wanted to stay some where very nice, my first choice would be this hotel. If you do get the Lounge access the staff there are great and very friendly.

The only thing bad is the parking price!

Room Tip: You get about two options where you want the room to be facing either street or harbour/CN Tower.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear BRAI79,

We greatly appreciate your loyalty and thank you for your kind recommendations. Our team always strives to accommodate the needs of our guests' and it was out pleasure to do this for you.

When planning your next visit to Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally as I would be delighted to have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your ongoing loyalty.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Having been an avid comic con/ fan expo attendee since 2007, I have always stayed at every other hotel offered except for the Intercontinental. This year a group of my circle of friends decided to do a group stay and the convention discount price was decent, I decided to check it out.
I emailed Jessica at the Intercontinental prior to my stay requesting a fridge. The rate was escalated from $5/night to $20/night due to my reduced comic con rate. I didn’t think that was particularly fair (I can understand double the fee at $10 but pushing it up to $20 was in my opinion a bit excess). Also, I have to add that I inquired at the time about the parking rates. The hotel offers valet parking with in/out privileges for $45/a night. You can leave your vehicle at the MCC’s parking for $27 a night with no in/out privileges. Found this out when I pulled up to the valet and he advised me of this. This works out better as really you are downtown with everything there or a subway ride away. There really is no need to take your car out at all until you check out.
Stayed up on the 16th floor. The room was large and clean. Wonderful view of the CN Tower and Ripley’s Aquarium. No complaints there. The only issue on the first day was that I had advised them earlier on (weeks ahead) of the fridge that I needed and it wasn’t in the room. I had to call a few times and had to leave a message with concierge for someone to bring up the mini fridge.
Joined IHG rewards (free online) and was offered a late checkout (2 pm) and free Wi-Fi. One small compliant was that there are no outlets near the bed that I could see so I had to recharge my phone at the desk. A bit of a pain to leave my phone which has my alarm over by the desk. The docking station/clock radio by the bed is for Apple only. Forgot my phone charger when I checked out. Lucky, the hotel is holding it for me till I can come back and pick it up.
I have to say as a convention goer, the only benefit that I see with the Intercontinental is the fact that it is attached to the convention hall. This makes it easy for people to drop off their purchases and excess bags in their room and go back to the MCC with ease.
I would have to say that I hope the Intercontinental can offer some reduced rates for access to Club Lounge or other perks for convention goers during Comic Con or Fan Expo weekends besides reduced room rates.
Other than that I would say my overall experience has to be 7.5/10.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank greekmom99

Dear greekmom99,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are delighted that you decided to join us for the Comic Con event this year and enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom during your stay.

I have shared your feedback regarding pricing with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing ways to improve in this area. We hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future and I welcome you to contact me again whenever planning your future visits.

Thank you once more for reviewing us and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I took a mini vacation to spend time with my oldest daughter. I've stayed several times at the intercontinental Toronto centre when I've attended yoga and canfitpro conferences because of its proximity to the metro convention centre.
I find the location of this hotel to be perfect as I can easily park underground if driving or walk a mere 5 minutes if I come by Go train.
There are many good restaurants close by. I had dinner at one near the AIr Canada Centre called E1even(11). It's in the building that has The Real SportsBar. Great food, great ambience and super awesome heated toilet seats!!
The hotel is walking distance to Ripleys Aquarium which we also visited on a timed ticket purchase. Great to see!
We checked in on the day of Toronto's blizzard with 18 cm of horizontal blowing snow being dumped so I did not drive and could not utilize my valet parking which came with my hotel package. So, Eugene kindly upgraded our room to the 23rd floor with two queen beds newly renovated and simply gorgeous in its understated ness. The beds were soooo cozy and comfortable and the room was spacious. Everything was spotlessly clean. And it was quiet.
Eugene also gave us some extra coupon dollars( which don't expire) to the highly rated spa here. Although I have no time to do the spa this trip, I will try it one day soon.
Our buffet breakfast was also included. Eugene was so very personable and helpful. A nice friendly way to start our stay.

But my highest recommendation goes to Chef Michael Sekulic.

Chef Michael Sekulic went above and beyond the call of duty. He has a genuine caring personality and was quick to help with whatever was requested. I asked for some sautéed spinach and was thrilled to receive it. I had had a pancake from the buffet but it's edges were so hardened I could not cut through them. Upon mentioning this, chef Michael asked if I liked blueberries and had a fresh blueberry pancake made for me and delivered it himself to my table!!! Wow! Great service! And I was in no way complaining about the pancakes but merely passed it by him as a comment. The buffet was perfectly lovely. There was enough choice to satisfy any palate. The staff were helpful and courteous. The setting of the buffet was comfortable and relaxing. But chef Michael is the reason I would come back to the buffet and in fact, to this hotel. My thanks to him for setting the tone of my day.
There wasn't a single staff person that I encountered that wasn't genuinely enjoying their job and being genuine in their encounters.

Shanti Om

• Stayed: March 2014
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear hikesedonachick,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your recent stay with us and greatly appreciate your recognition of both Eugene and Chef Michael Sekulic. They are both wonderful assets to our team and we will ensure they are recognized internally for providing you with such a memorable experience.

We were equally as delighted to hear that we have gained your loyalty and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your future visits as I would love the opportunity to show our gratitude.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.