“Awesome 50th bday!!!”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My best friend and her husband booked a "date night" at the Intercontinental for her 50th birthday! I called ahead and spoke to the Manager Matt & explained the above! Not only did Matt ensure they had a wonderful room with a beautiful view but he made sure there was a slice of bday cake & some fruit for their arrival! I sent a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and Ian (concierge) made sure THAT was done properly too! All in all, they had a wonderful stay! The location was close to everything, the room was beautiful & the stay definitely memorable!!! Thanks Matt & Ian!! A job well done and all the more reason to send friends who visit Toronto your way!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Eyyelash,

Thank you for your kind remarks and recommendations. It was our pleasure to have the opportunity to ensure your friends had a memorable experience with us. Our team always aims to exceed our guests expectations and we are thrilled that both Matt and Ian were able to make your friends birthday celebration a special one.

We will be sure to relay your note of appreciate with Matt and Ian and will ensure they are recognized internally for their efforts. When planning your next stay, please feel free to contact me personally, as I would be delighted to assist you with your reservation needs as well as show our appreciation for your loyalty.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return in the future.

M5V 2X3

Write a ReviewReviews (2,835)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed in a "feature room" Mar. 3-6 as we were in Toronto for a course at the Ontario Hospital Association, which was conveniently right across the road from the hotel. We took the train into Toronto and were almost able to walk to the hotel entirely inside direct from Union station. The service was outstanding. The hotel was sold out because of a massive mining conference, however we never had to wait for anything- check in, elevator, an extra pillow delivered to the room. Very impressive considering how busy that place was. You can't beat this location. Next to shops, restaurants and sights! Great views too. Every time I'm in Toronto for business, this is where I want to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Careycu2,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that enjoyed our convenient location during your stay and received such outstanding service from our team. It is always our goal to ensure our guests’ needs are taken care of and we were pleased to read that we were successful in providing you with the prompt and efficient service we are best known for.

We are excited that we have gained your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Toronto.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Came to Toronto for a part of March break and wanted to stay close to the aquarium. The hotel is always excellent. Staff are great and the rooms are great as well. Just far enough away from the construction at union station and a quick walk along front street to the aquarium that is right beside the CN tour.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pointsguy,

Thank you for your comments. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location to be convenient for your needs. Your continued loyalty is greatly appreciated and we are happy to hear that the superior service delivered by our team has kept you returning.

We look forward to providing you with more memorable experiences in the future and should there ever be anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The room is large, hotel is clean and location is not bad. But even as a priority club platinum member, not just silver or gold, I wasn't offered any perks. With other hotel loyalty program, you get room upgrade and free internet just for being s silver member. and free breakfast for gold I think I got a better room but that's about it and internet. With other hotel loyalty program, you get free breakfast & lounge access all day in addition to room upgrade, early & late check out and free internet. So if you want to be a member of any hotel loyalty program, priority club is the one to be avoided because it has almost zero benefit even for platinum member. Look for Hilton, Hyatt & others.

The hotel parking fee is a rip off. The lot close to the hotel is $35 a day which is still not good.

You will find much cheaper parking rate with other big hotels in same area. The customer service line rarely picks up the calls.
Pros: room
Cons: parking fee & no freek breakfast even for platinum member, breakfast is overpriced ..I didn't eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear kstkt K,

Thank you for your comments and valuable feedback. While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of our guestrooms, I would like to apologize that you were disappointed with other aspects of your stay.

Your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Platinum Member is greatly appreciated and to show our gratitude we provide complimentary internet as well as upgrades and late check-out whenever possible, based upon availability. I would love to have the opportunity to retain your loyalty and discuss your benefits in greater detail and ask that you contact me directly at your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to having the pleasure of speaking with you personally.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

First impressions are lasting, so being welcomed warmly at the door is important it sets a positive tone for your visit, and these folks are an orchestra porters and Valets both.

In my case i have to give a huge thumbs up to reception, I had sent an email letting them know i would arrive very late but would arrive. They called me to let me know the reservation was posted the day before and i had no reservation. The young lady fixed the reservation error corrected the billing and I never missed a beat.

Proving yet again friendly competent employees make or break a stay at any hotel.

If you are going to be downtown Toronto get a lake side suite beautiful view, or city view on another lovely. The rooms are clean well appointed and quiet, and close to all sports venues and attractions downtown.

By far my favourite downtown hotel the staff just nail it every time.

Room Tip: Get a king room and select your view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Hungrywatcher,

Thank you for your kind compliments and recommendations. We are thrilled to read that our team exceeded your expectations and provided you with superior service even prior to your arrival. It is always our goal to ensure our guests' are well taken care of and it was wonderful to read that we were able to do this for you.

When planning you next visit to the city of Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally as I would be delighted to assist with your reservation and have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your new found loyalty.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

s an executive with a large company, for the last 30 years , I have travelled extensively in Canada and internationally on business and rarely provide comments . However I am compelled to in this case given the excellent stay at this hotel recently and staff who went the extra mile to help me find a missing ring I left in the hotel when checking out and then arranged to send it to the airport so I could retrieve it before my flight. On another occasion because the restaurant was closed for a function ,staff helped me access other facilities to hold my business discussions .
The hotel should be proud of how it provides service to the business traveller . I look forward to many more stays at this hotel and will provide guidance to my many colleagues to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear AJRI812,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor as well! We again would like to thank you for sharing your kind comments with us and are overjoyed that our team went beyond the call of duty to ensure your experience was a memorable one.

Your new found loyalty is greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Should ever there be anything I can personally assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

And odd thing about the InterContinental is that if you are driving along Front Street, it is hard to pick out the hotel -- the sign is nearly invisible. We drove by it and had to do a u turn. The hotel is conveniently located near the Air Canada Centre (we went to a basketball game) and only a 10 minute walk to the Eaton Centre (where everyone shops on the weekend). Otherwise Front Street West is a bit of a concrete wasteland, and the construction in the nearby Union Station area has closed down part of the street and made walking to the ACC a bit of a obstacle course. Parking is expensive, but that is the case everywhere in downtown Toronto. It also takes a while to find a spot in the tight parking garage, and then you have to meander your way down a stairwell and finally to the valet parking entrance at the back of the hotel. The staff are very friendly, the rooms are large and clean and the rooms were super quiet. We enjoyed the pool and whirlpool and gym is excellent. The wifi is free for members of the hotel club, but it is slow. My only complaint is that it took 10 minutes for the water to heat up in the shower.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear servicecomesfirst,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our location to be convenient for your needs. It was also a pleasure to hear that the comfort of our guestrooms and other amenities were to your liking.

We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding the water temperature in your guestroom and have shared your comments with our engineering team to ensure this concern is rectified.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.