“Excellent Property”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A fantastic hotel downtown. What really sets this hotel apart is the service. While the location is excellent, the rooms well appointed, spacious with excellent views, the service up to par.

The food was great in Azure, and the bar quite good.

A new home in Toronto.

Room Tip: High floor, City view- ask for a renovated room!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear scott s,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are thrilled to hear that you an enjoyable stay with us. It is always our goal to provide our guests with memorable "at your side" service and we are pleased to read that our team was successful in exceeding your expectations.

We were also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience in Azure and we will be sure to pass on your compliments to our culinary team.

We look forward to welcoming you back "home" in the future and should there ever be anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Toronto Centre

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental last Saturday April 19th 2014 for 2 nights on a Feature Room which was newly renovated. So let start with the Cons first:
Cons

1. Check in: I was served by Mr. Eugene who was a polite young man and I told him that I will be paying my security deposit in cash and he told me that is preferable using my credit card and that if I want to leave a deposit in cash it will be 300$ a night!! (do they stuff the mini-bar with gold?). I was prepared though. Earlier I had sent an email asking how much the security deposit will be and they reply 125$ the 1st night and 100$ the 2nd and yes that I could pay in cash. I showed the letter to Mr. Eugene and he went back to see his manager. Upon returning he told me that my check out will take longer because they have to send someone to inspect the room. I told him I don't mine. The reason why I prefer giving cash is that one time a hotel forgot to refund me the deposit and I spent my time and money calling long distance to solve my case. Anyways my first impression was somewhat bitter after this. Mr. Eugene of course he does his job but as a customer I felt I have to prove myself and that paying in cash is something bad to do. So what will have happened if he insisted not accepting cash deposit? Maybe I couldn't stay at the hotel? However I prepaid everything but anyways not your best first experience.

2. The key that was given to me was demagnetized and I couldn't open the room but after going back down again they gave me a new set of keys and it was all good.

3. On Saturday evening there was an Armin Van Buuren concert and I could hear the concert in my room so loud and I couldn't sleep. Insulation is a big problem. However I need to state that the music was so loud I mean how do they let people play music that loud is obvious that not only me but many others couldn't sleep. I end up sleeping at 3am after a long day of flight and travel.

Pros

1. Room: Was brand New beautifully designed on the 19th floor facing CN Tower. The bed was very big and comfy. The bathroom was very clean and big. The room in general was large. The curtains and drapes were beautiful. The décor of the room was modern and minimalistic. The safe worked perfectly and there were sleepers and a bathrobe. The shampoos creams were top notch. The pressure from the water was normal and there was hot water at all times. The corridor to the room was also beautiful. I took plenty of pictures so that you can see. I usually stay at the Ritz or the Trump in TO and the only thing that is missing from the room is the TV inside the mirror bathroom and the Remote control for the drapes like the Trump has. Also I want to say that the cleaning lady did an amazing job cleaning the room and even she gave a small bottle of scope which was a nice touch because the previous day I had to walk to the pharmacy to get one. Great job with the cleaning lady attention to detail.

2. Location: Is near everywhere. Lots of shops on King Street close to Union station and Air Canada Center but most importantly a 5 mnt walk to the Aquarium and CN Tower.

3. Check out with Brendan was perfect and fast despite checking the room and refund me the deposit. It only took 10 mnts.

In general I give it a 3 1/2 stars because of the Cons. I usually don't write many reviews but I thought that future travellers can plan accordingly from my experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank StyloRouge
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear StyloRouge,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our guestrooms as well as the service you received from Brendan at checkout, I was disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay fell below your expectations.

I can assure you that your recent experience is not indicative of the level of service our team is known to provide. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager, Warren Van Vorst, who would appreciate the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your concerns in greater detail. Please contact, Warren at your convenience, at warren.vanvorst@ihg.com.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying on the 25th floor with a view of the lake and the CN Tower. From check in to the gift shop the staff could not have been nicer. Yes the spa and pool were closed but the Fairmont NY down the street had complimentary privileges. The rooms are new and modern with iPod decks and plenty of outlets, big bathrooms, comfortable beds and clean clean clean. Loved it. Highly recommend and I am a very picky traveler.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lostintheNati

Dear lostintheNati,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and high recommendations. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the new look of our Feature Guestrooms as well as the superior "at your side" service provided by our team. We always strive to exceed our guests' expectations and we are delighted to read that we were successful in doing this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and should you ever require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Very nice hotel, quick check in, room was clean and the view was excellent. Walking distance to just about everything we wanted to do. Parking was convenient but expensive. I don't have any negative things to say about our stay

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear william h,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking views from your guestroom.

We thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend and my 11 yr old son
Hotel was very clean and we arrived a few hrs early and were offered early check in which was nice. We arrived by train which was convenient as it took only 5 min to walk from union station. We never ate at the hotel as it is located so close to so many restaurants and pubs. We walked everywhere we went including a 5 min walk to cn tower . Hotel was nice staff was friendly only downfall was pool was closed but my son went swimming at the fairmont 5 min walk also.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear CRBP1234,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to explore our convenient location.

Please let me know when you are planning your next visit, as I would love to have the opportunity to ensure your next stay is just as memorable.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at the hotel was great from front desk, concierge, and housekeeping. Room was clean large and location of the hotel was ideal. Walking distance to alot of stuff.
Pool and spa was closed but we were not told even when we called three days before to confirm everything and my daughter was looking forward to it.
Overall good place

Stayed: April 2014

Dear dchang4106

Thank you for your review. While I was thrilled to hear that you received such superior "at your side" service from our front desk, concierge and housekeeping teams, I would like to apologize that the closure of our pool facilities was not communicated to you when you called to confirm your reservation.

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with your personally as well as regain your loyalty and have sent you a private email.

Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I just checked into this hotel today. The lobby area looks spectaculor and checking in was a breeze.They gave me a room on the 6th floor. The room looked really old with old furniture and dirty carpet, not what I had expected from such a luxury hotel name brand. So I read on tripadvisor about their newly renovated rooms and asked if I could switch, and the front desk told me it would be a $30 plus tax upgrade per night. And she hints that the rate that I paid for is basically for a non upgraded low floor room. Is that how you would respond to a complaining customer? I was able to get switched to a higher floor in room on the 15th FL, still not a renovated room but a little better. I just turned on the tv and realized the remote barely works, and the water coming out of the sink is yellow. I'm not going to bother to contact the front desk, Im just here for another day. I had higher expectations for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lexxis

Dear lexxis,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your less-than-satisfactory experience and can assure you that this is not the level of service our team is known to provide.

I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager, Warren Van Vorst, who will be following up internally to ensure issues such as these do not reoccur in the future. I would also be delighted to have the opportunity to regain your loyalty and discuss your experience in further detail. I have provided my contact details below and hope that you will contact me personally at your convenience.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.