“Great Location”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I had an excellent time at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre. A beautiful hotel in an excellent location, over our three night stay we visited The Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium, Princess of Wales theatre and the CBC building. All of these and Dozens of restaurants are within an easy walk. We will definitely come back if we are looking to take an extended stay in Toronto again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a great view of the CN Tower and Rogers Centre if you are into that
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Joe L,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to explore our convenient location during your visit. We truly are located at the center of it all, offering an abundance of convenience for both our leisure and business travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Toronto and should you ever require any assistance when planning your stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the InterContinental for business. I needed to get a suit dry cleaned and ready for next day meeting. Checked in at 22:00. Night manager took my suit and found an over night dry cleaner. Was able to get my suit at 7:30 next morning in time for the meeting! Awesome service. All staff were helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable, enjoyed it. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerry M
Dear Gerry M,

It is great to hear that you had any enjoyable stay with us and received the memorable "at your side" service our team is best known for. We are delighted that our Night Manager had the opportunity to assist you with the dry cleaning of your suit and was successful in exceeding your expectations.

We greatly appreciate your reccommendations and I invite you to contact me personally when planning your next visit, so I may have the opportunity to show our gratitude.

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind remarks and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Intercontinental on Front Street for one night for a conference. I would not stay again.

I found the lobby decor stark and uninviting. The room was just ok. Main area was updated and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was in dire need of a renovation. It was ugly, dark and did not feel clean to me.

There was a $6.00 bottle of water and nothing else available in the room. For the price I would have expected coffee at least. Parking was horrifically expensive. I paid $50 for one night! Room service was also highway robbery.

The location is excellent. Close to transit, and all major tourist attractions. Lot's of restaurants and theatre nearby - however there are many hotels in the vicinity that offer better value.

I did find the service to be very good here - but not good enough to make this hotel stand apart from others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MHDailey
Dear MHDailey,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. While it was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the service you received from our team as well as our convenient location, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for being unsuccessful in exceeding your expectations overall.

We do understand the concerns you mentioned regarding the look of some of our guestrooms and are excited to let you know that we do have newly renovated Feature Guestrooms and will also be completing a refresh of more of our guestrooms this summer. I am also delighted to let you know that all of our guestrooms offer a Keurig coffee maker along with a mini bar with a wide selection of snacks and drinks.

It is always our goal to gain the loyalty of our guests and I would be honored to discuss your experience further as well as assist with your future reservations to ensure all of your expectations are exceeded. I have provided my contact details below and invite you to contact me directly, at your convenience.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you in the near future.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I don't usually write reviews but thought this necessary as I'm planning another long stay in Toronto this coming summer. Last August we booked a King Bed Junior Suite with the best flexible breakfast, thinking the location was great and despite all the construction going on in Toronto at the time, this made the most sense for location, and had heard great things about the hotel.

Upon arrival and check in there was no problem with the reservation, however there seemed to be confusion upon having checked baggage stored (dropped off earlier in the day prior to check in). I considered this to be a great advantage but when arriving to check in, they were unable to find the bags. This was very concerning and had a lot of luggage. They seemed to mix up the number they gave me and what was put on my luggage in the back. Once it was found, I was told to head up to the room and the bellhop would be right behind me with my bags. Well, we arrived up at the suite and waited 5, 10, 15 minutes. This seemed odd as he was 'right behind me'. I called down to the front desk and was assured he was on his way. Another 15 minutes went by and now I am concerned about my belongings. I called again, but one of the phones in the room was not working. I tried the other one, and continued to get voice mail or get cut off. This is not acceptable in such a hotel. Very concerned about where my belongings were, I of course went downstairs, now quite stressed out from the occasion and my guest waited back to see if they would arrive. They had no idea at the desk where the bags had gone but would try to track them down. Nearly an hour later, my luggage arrived with a different bellhop who was friendly, but had no idea what had happened. I asked, but there was no answer. When I mentioned this security concern at the front desk they said these things can happen. Our stay was booked for 7 days and to avoid hassle we did end up staying the entire time, however, I needed to do some business and ship some packages via courier across the city, but they refused to let the couriers into the building as they were in a dispute at the time. I had to take all of my documents to a local courier company (through ridiculous construction and traffic) and was put out by this service. Again, never have experienced this on previous business trips. There were no two ways about it that the hotel was going to accommodate me in getting my packages delivered from the site. While the trip was mostly pleasure, this did not add to a relaxing time.

As I make future bookings for this summer and more business trips, I would be very hesitant to stay here again. Our room was often not made up or we would get a knock on the door around 5 pm if we wanted our room cleaned, as we were getting ready to head out for the night. I almost thought I'd make the bed myself!! While it looks and sounds great, it was a very frustrating stay and not sure I would give it another try or suggest it to others who are looking for some downtime and stress free time during work or play. I had also tried to book two spa appointments (in advance) and was told they were unavailable because of hours, another because they weren't sure if the service was still being offered. Quite confusing.

We also tried to visit the bar downstairs but they close up quite early and when asking for other areas to go and visit close by, directions from front desk were not helpful at all from a tourism perspective.

A positive because I like to see the bright side. They do have a lovely breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank BusyBeeTravelor
Dear BusyBeeTravelor,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had with us last August. While I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I can certainly understand your frustration, but assure you that the service you received is not indicative of the level of service our team is known to provide.

As we always wish to gain the loyalty of our guests, I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager, Warren Van Vorst, who would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater detail. Please contact Warren, at your convenience, at warren.vanvorst@ihg.com.

Thank you again for reviewing us and we look forward to having the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 4 nights at the beginning of May 2014. It was comfortable, efficiently run and had everything you'd expect. The location is very handy for the CN Tower (2 minutes walk - just turn left out of the main entrance and you're there), access to The Path (via Simcoe Place opposite the hotel, giving access to large parts of downtown Toronto through a series of underground walkways) and to Union Station (5 minutes walk via the Skywalk, accessible from the convention centre, which is connected to the hotel, or at the corner of Station Street). We had breakfast in the Azure restaurant on one day, which was enjoyable and on the other days popped across the road to Simcoe Place food court where there is a Tim Hortons and a good selection of other convenient eateries. The only downside to our stay was the lack of soundproofing between our room and the connecting room next door. We could hear everything that went on, despite it being normal activity (rather than particularly loud guests). Since we were out and about for most of the day and slept well at night it wasn't a huge issue for us but it was the most 'noise leakage' I've encountered from adjoining rooms in my twenty odd years of travelling internationally on business in various hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with interconnecting doors - we found a lot of "noise leakage" from the adjoin...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magic C
Dear Magic C,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the comfort of our guestrooms during your recent stay with us. We would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the soundproofing of our guestrooms. We will be sure to share this information with the appropriate departments in order to find ways to improve in this area.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return in the future.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a brief business engagement. Beautiful hotel, clean, practical and spacious room. Within short walking distance of practically everything that you'd want to see and do in downtown Toronto. No complaints, except that there was not much of a view of the city for me outside my windows. Then again, maybe it had to do with the location of my room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LMR1995
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear LMR1995,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our convenient location as well as the comfort of our guestrooms during your recent stay.

When planning your next visit to Toronto, I would be delighted if you would contact me personally so I may ensure your preference of a guestroom with a city view is added to your profile.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly located in downtown Toronto as it is close to all major attractions and stadiums. This hotel has all the amenities you would expect with a very nice pool and hot tub area. Staff is very friendly and will provide you with anything you need.

I really enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to go back there. It's a little on the pricey side, but the fact that you can basically walk to all attractions makes up for it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Maxime T,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with superior "at your side" service and it is wonderful to read that our team delivered this to you.

We are also very excited that we have gained your loyalty and I welcome you to contact me directly when planning your next visit. I would be thrilled to have the opportunity to assist with your reservation needs and ensure your future stays are just as memorable.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.