“Great amenities, central location...and friendly staff!”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #23 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
“Great amenities, central location...and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arriving late from overseas and rather jet lagged, I was surprised to find that my travel agent had inadvertently booked me into another IC hotel...and not this one as I had asked. No worries though as Samantha at the front desk sprung to my rescue by arranging a cancellation of the other hotel booking at no extra charge (IC on Bloor St) but also proceeded to match my other rate. The rest of the hotel staff also proved to be friendly and helpful, not to mention the great gym, good food and strong wi-fi signal!

Thank you Samantha and thank you to the broader IC team for your warm and friendly hospitality. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone requiring a central place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Michael P,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent experience with us.

It was great to read that Samantha came to your rescue, and turned around a potentially disappointing experience into a lasting positive one. We will be sure to recognize her for her efforts. As well, we were happy to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed the service and amenities you encountered throughout your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future and should there ever be anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff is extremely accommodating, very friendly and quite helpful. There were three of us traveling (mom/dad/teenage daughter), and we originally reserved a room with two double beds. The hotel switched us into a room with two queen sized beds on a freshly remodeled floor. The switch made all the difference! Very comfortable beds, great (great) city view, practically brand new room carpet/bed/bath/paint/etc., and extremely quiet. I will definitely stay here again if I'm back to Toronto. On the downside - hallways/building are too cold, the internet connection does not 'stick' which caused numerous logging in/accepting the wifi conditions (we probably logged in about 25 times over a 5 day period), and the housekeeping staff gets a little skimpy with the number of towels, bath towels and washcloths placed in the room. Generally minor inconveniences. Overall a great stay and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Join the frequent guest program to get the free wifi. City views are very good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rance C,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent experience with us. We were excited to read that everything from the staff service to the upgrade to one of our new Feature rooms resulted in a great stay for both you and your family.

As well, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding the concerns you encountered. We have forwarded your comments to our Operations team so that any deficiencies can be rectified in order to avoid such problems from reoccurring.

Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location, with a wonderful view (if you are in the side that looks at the tower, and aquarium. The rooms which have been renovated are great, the rest need renovations. The housekeeping in some floors need more attention to detail. However, Management is there to resolve any issues, so that's good.
The concierge service is very knowledgeable.

Room Tip: For the free wifi you have to be a member of the ihg group (and that's free to join), so it'...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jua c
Dear jua c,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We were thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the view from your room and the services that our Concierge team provided.

Our colleagues are focused on ensuring that all guests leave happy, and we are pleased that we were successful in doing so with your recent stay.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for a few nights for business. The hotel is really nice and modern - if you've ever stayed at Aria in Las Vegas, the hotel has the same type of feel and design to it.

The location is really good and a lot of stuff is near by, in a walkable distance.

The staff are really friendly, especially the door staff. They were always friendly and very helpful.

The bar / restaurant downstairs is also really nice. The bar staff are great and the whole ceiling is glass with a ton of light. Very nice atmosphere in there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear SohanTanna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always our goal to ensure our guests needs are taken care of and we are thrilled that everyone on our team provided you with the outstanding "at your side" service we are best known for.

We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and had the opportunity to experience the mouthwatering culinary offerings provided at Azure.

Ottawa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Was only here one night for work, but the rooms were very comfortable with nice wall to wall windows (a little dim at night though). The lobby was attractive with quick no-hassle check-in, and I slept like a baby in the comfortable bed (albeit after a 14 hour work day). Location seemed good, wish I had more time to explore, I would stay here again.

Ate at the restaurant and both the service and food were a little less satisfactory for my liking, but possibly it is because I sat down for dinner 15 minutes before dinner hours ended. There are lots of other options nearby.

Dear XploreNature,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a comfortable rest after your long work day. The comfort of our guests is always a top priority and we are glad that we were able to meet your needs during your visit.

We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding our restaurant and will be sure to pass this onto the appropriate departments to see how we can improve in this area.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to Toronto. As a club member I was greeted and warmly welcomed. The reception area is pristine. I had a room on a high floor overlooking the lake which was pleasant enough. The rooms are of a good size which is good. The room could do with updating though. The pool again is a nice touch and I used it a couple of times when there. The location is good if you are going to see the Blue Jays play or the CN Tower.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear PlayboyPK,

Thank you for comments. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and received the exceptional service our team is best known for. It was also a pleasure to read that you had the opportunity to relax by our pool oasis during your stay and truly escape the hustle and bustle of the busy city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and should you ever require any assistance with your reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The location was right down by the waterfront, next to the conference centre, sport stadiums and Ripleys Aquarium. Lots of easy transit options nearby, plus walking distance to the prime areas of Queen/King/Yonge/Dundas. Also lots of great bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks. Check-in was fast and efficient, and in-room wifi was free for IC members. My room was spacious, the bed was comfy, and I had an amazing view of the waterfront and the CN Tower! All the staff were friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Ian for his sightseeing advice, and Kyle for his great company. The food from the restaurant was delicious, and I had a fantastic local wine at the bar. And to top it off, on my last night I got to watch an amazing fireworks display from the comfort of my room! I would definitely recommend this hotel, and look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BT2007
Dear BT2007,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team always strives to provide our guests with memorable experiences and we are delighted that we were successful in exceeding all of your expectations. It was also a pleasure to read your kind comments about Ian and Kyle. They both continuously aim to deliver superior "at your side" service to all of our guests and we know they will be truly grateful for you recognition.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to provide you with many more unforgettable experiences in the future.