“Very happy with our stay”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
orland park, il.
“Very happy with our stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location is very important to us and that is the primary reason we chose it. Price was reasonable for the quality of the hotel and location. When you go to any major city in the world, expect to pay for downtown parking or stay outside of the city center.
First impressions are important. On arriving the attendant at the garage entrance was very helpful. I was disappointed when I saw the length of the check-in line, but was amazed at how fast it turned out to be. At check-in all I had to do was ask for a slight upgrade to a room with lake view on a higher floor-no problem at all. We wanted extra coffee for the machine in the room. No problem-how much more-there in 5 minutes. Loved the room, the view, the bed, the bathroom, the pool, the speed of the elevators, the friendly service people.
My advice is if you want something, just ask. they really seem to want to please.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rlav48
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear rlav48,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that our team was successful in providing you with a memorable experience during your recent visit. We always aims to ensure all of our guests' needs are taken care of and we were pleased to learn that our team delivered the prompt and professional service we are best known for.

We look forward to hosting you again, and should you ever require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Niteroi, RJ
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff are professional and friendly.This hotel is perfectly situated for restaurants and the shore walk of Lake Ontario. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the garza tees a good night's sleep

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Rafael M,

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre. It is always our goal to provide our guests with superior service along with a comfortable experience and we are delighted that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

Thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel has a great location right in the middle of everything like they promise. Also amenities like pool or room facilities are good. The rooms are big enough, comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Only thing to mention is the tiny sink in the bathroom.
Where I was surprised was the bad service throughout the hotel besides the concierge service. The concierge team was nice and polite especially Stephanie was a great assistance.
But Check-In was really slow and they look understaffed. Next the housekeeping was even worse. In the first room my bed sheet was dirty and the second room was not done till 5pm the next day. They told me they had a lot of check-outs that day but that is not an excuse in a 4* hotel. If you know that, just have some more people for housekeeping! And at the end I was disappointed by the bar/lounge team. The barkeeper didn't know what a Pisco Sour was and didn't have a choice of alcohol what you expect in such a hotel.
At the end I can only say a nice hotel without a 4* service at all. I was really disappointed about that

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear jzguri,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor as well. I would like to apologize again that the service you received did not exceed your expectations. As mentioned, I can assure you that the service issues you encountered are not typical of the service our team provides, as we always aim to exceed our guests expectations. We were however, delighted to read that Stephanie from our Concierge Team provided you with the superior “at your side” we strive for, and we will be sure to recognize her for her efforts.

As it is always our goal to gain the loyalty of our guests I would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your experience and have provided my contact details below. In addition, I have shared your review with the appropriate department managers who will ensure any service issues are rectified immediately.

Thank you again for providing us with the opportunity address your concerns and I hope to have the pleasure of speaking with you soon.

Brant County
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental July 26th for the night. We had a newly renovated room with 2 queen beds. It was very comfortable. Our son was celebrating his 8th Birthday and they left a nice treat for him in our room,he felt very special. Thank-you Sherine!
It was a very good location, we could take a 5 minute walk to the CN Tower and Ripley's aquarium. Lots of restaurants nearby to eat.
The only reason I did not give it a 5 is the cost for breakfast, although delicious was a little high for the 4 of us. The $6 for OJ is too much.
I would however not hesitate to return and stay there again.

Dear Julia G,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your son's birthday celebrations. It was great to read that Sherine went above and beyond to ensure he had a memorable day and we will be sure to share your kind comments with her personally.

We appreciate the feedback you provided regarding our breakfast pricing and have shared your comments with our food & beverage team, who will be reviewing ways to improve in this area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and should there ever be anything I can assist you with when planning your next trip to Toronto, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff are professional and friendly. We felt comfortable the way the staff treated us..
1. We had lunch at Azure. Anna(hostess), Jamil, Sayid and Alex(servers) are very welcoming and very friendly.Our server Alex suggested the steak and I had it well done. The steak was nice and tender; that is the best steak I ever had!!! I was surprised when the staff gave me a birthday cake and it was my birthday that day...
2. Upon checking in at the club level, Todd and Shaminder made us feel like we were at home.. I noticed Charisse keeps refilling food and make sure that the guests are happy..
3. The room was nice and very clean especially the tub ..thanks to my housekeeper Rosemin... My family are surprised and excited at the nice view of the CN Tower. I was stunned and surprised when I came back to the room and saw a birthday cake and a lovely note from in room dining Eleonor and Mary Ann . Tammie has a big smile and did great on the turn down service; she even gave me a gift from the housekeeping director Anil Datt.. The bed was perfect and we had a good night sleep..
4. The swimming pool is very nice and warm. That is the best pool temperature I ever had in the hotels.The music at the SPA is nice and relaxing...Yvonne, the spa attendant, always put towels. This is the ONLY hotel pool that has lots of towels...
Thank you very much Intercontinental Hotel Toronto Center for making my birthday memorable and made me feel extra special.. Congratulations to all staff that always GO ABOVE AND BEYOND..

Room Tip: club level facing the CN tower view
3 Thank AngelJon
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear AngelJon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor! You have painted a perfect picture of what it is truly like to stay at the InterContinental Toronto Centre and we are overjoyed to hear that everyone on our team was successful in exceeding your expectations.

It was great to hear that Anna, Jamil, Sayid and Alex provided you with a memorable dining experience in Azure and helped to make your birthday celebration a memorable one. We were also glad that Todd, Shaminder and Charisse from our Club Team provided you with the superior “at your side” service we are best known for. In addition, it was wonderful to read that Rosemin, Eleonor, Mary Ann, Anil and Yvonne all had the opportunity to make your stay comfortable and ensure all of your needs were taken care.

Thank you for taking the time to recognize all of these outstanding individuals as they truly do strive to go above and beyond the expectations of our guests’ on a daily basis. We will be sure to share your comments with them personally and know they will greatly appreciate your kind words and recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and should there ever be anything I can personally assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I came to Toronto to spend 2 nights and to also celebrate my birthday. This was our first time visiting this great city. As we were checking in, the hotel staff realized it was a special occasion and immediately upgraded us to the Presidential Suite.We had a great time as the room exceeded our expectations with a large seating area and balcony to view the city below and the CN Tower. We will gladly stay again upon our next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DavidEE5344SB,

We are happy to hear that the upgrade provided by our team helped to make your stay with us a memorable one. It is always our goal to go above and beyond for our guests especially when celebrating such special occasions and we are thrilled that we had the opportunity to do this for you during your birthday.

We are also very excited that we have gained your loyalty and I would love the opportunity to show our gratitude during your next visit. When planning your next trip to Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally so I may have the pleasure of assisting you with your reservation.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return.

Monterey, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated for restaurants and the shore walk of Lake Ontario. The staff are friendly and welcoming and we were more than welcome to check in early. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the garza tees a good night's sleep. This hotel provided the perfect backdrop to the start of our great American adventure.

Room Tip: A close up view of the C N Tower is a good start.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Michael W,

It is great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our team always strives to deliver superior "at your side" service to all of our guests and we are glad that we had the opportunity to do this for you. We were also thrilled to read that you enjoyed the comfort of your guestroom, as the comfort of our guests' is certainly one of our top priorities.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Toronto.