“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #23 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Spent two nights here on a recent trip around Ontario. Great location with the CN Tower, The Hockey Hall of Fame, great markets the quayside and lots of great shops within a short walking distance. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast, which was included in our package, was great.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the CN Tower, the higher the better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear junder2701,

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit and received such wonderful service from our team. It was also great to hear that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and we are glad that you had the opportunity to explore the many nearby sites.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and should you ever require any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

M5V 2X3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Intercontinental is in a great location. It's a block away from the Porter Airlines shuttle stop, which provides free bus transportation to and from the Billy Bishop Airport. The hotel is connected to the Convention Center and right next to the CN Tower. It's also convenient for riding the King and Queen streetcar lines and the subway and is within walking distance of the St. Lawrence Market, the Eaton Centre, and the waterfront. We had a quiet room on the 11th floor with a nice view of the CN Tower and the waterfront. The bed was comfortable. I appreciated the ample storage space on and around the counter in the bathroom. Check-in and check-out were quick and friendly. You get a lot of bang for the buck, so I would stay here again when visiting Toronto.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kissthecook
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear kissthecook,

We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to explore our convenient location during your visit. We truly are located at the center of it all, and within steps of the many great sites Toronto has to offer. It was also great to read that your guestroom was to your liking, as the comfort of our guests' is always one of our top priorities.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we look forward to hosting you again during your future trips to Toronto.

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights in mid August 2014.

The hotel is in a great location, only a 5 minute walk to a number of good restaurants, as well as the aquarium and the CN Tower. There is a lot of construction in the area, but it wasn't noticeable once inside the hotel. Tour guides on the open top bus tour said that Toronto has only 2 seasons: Winter and Construction! :)

The hotel has a huge lobby, which although large is still welcoming. Our room was on the 6th floor and overlooked Front Street. The hallways were clean and cool from good air conditioning and the room itself was modern, well maintained and clean. The room rate was quite high, but you need to pay for a good quality hotel in such a good location.

There were a couple of issues during my stay - 1) After leaving my car with valet at the hotel entrance, I was not advised that I would need to retrieve the car at a different location. This meant a longer than anticipated wait (and being late for an appointment) when collecting the car the next morning. When returning later in the morning I told the Front Desk of my issues, where the staff took my details and said that a manager would contact me. They stayed true to their word and a manager emailed me an apology and arranged for a cheese platter and a bottle of red wine for that evening. A great way to keep guests happy! 2) I was woken at around 9am (needed a lay-in!) one morning by loud banging and drilling coming from the floor above. This caused a lot of noise in the room and even made the toilet seat and toiletry items in the bathroom start to shake and vibrate! This went on for around 2 hours. I contacted the manager, by replying to his earlier email to advise on the situation. Again, a speedy reply was received, which advised that they were aware of the work being carried out, but had not authorised the use of loud power tools at that time of the day. A full apology was received, as was an offer of dinner in the hotel's restaurant that evening. As it was our last evening in Toronto, we wanted to go out for dinner, so declined the offer. However, the manager replied and said that he had removed items from my hotel bill (just over $100) as way of an apology. Such good customer service, which went way above what was required/expected! Thanks again for making things right in such a nice way.

The hotel is very close/connected to the conference centre and also has lots of interesting street food vendors outside from lunch time to late evening. Union Station is around 5 minutes walk away, and the red open top tour buses stop just a few minutes walk away - just turn left when exiting the hotel.

I would stay here again if I return to Toronto, but would hope to have a fault-free and relaxing time :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJB1979
Dear MJB1979,

Thank you for your review. While I was disappointed to learn about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us, I was delighted to learn that we were successful in rectifying your concerns and providing you with the exceptional customer service we are best known for. Our team prides itself on turning every experience into a memorable one and we are overjoyed that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

In order to ensure the instances you uncounted do not reoccur in the future, I have also shared your comments with our Front Office team, who will be reviewing these concerns internally. I also invite you to contact me personally when planning your next visit with us, as I would be delighted to assist with your reservation and ensure your next stay is flawless.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your return.

Eastern Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

INTERCONTINENTAL TORONTO CENTRE
Stayed August 14-16, 2014
Room: King Suite on the 19th Floor.

What a delight to stay at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre. I was on a trip to a conference and I wanted to be within walking distance. This seemed like a good choice. Being part of the IHG Hotel line, I was able to take advantage of the priority check in which had me in my room in a few minutes. This was a nice surprise since I arrived after 5 PM and I was concerned about a check-in at this time of day.

No worries at this location. My fist session was at the Roy Thompson Hall at 7 PM which was only about a 4 minute walk from this hotel. I had time to order and eat a delightful room service burger and still had time to walk, not up the street, but rather through the City Way. An internal walkway that went through several of the downtown buildings.

The next two mornings I had a delightful breakfast buffet at Azure, the restaurant inside of the hotel. I do like a buffet, but I am fussy eater in that I want to have fresh, hot, well seasoned food with great service. They have it all here. I usually go do different spots for each meal but I wanted to come back and try more of the food here the second day. Not only was the omelets service excellent, the rest of the choices were all good as well.

I have to admit, I like to watch cooking shows and when I saw the street vendors, I tried one for lunch ... I wish I opted for the hotel instead. It was good, but just not near what they are serving inside.

I have two other points for you in this review. Usually, I like to give kudo’s to a staff member or two that I think went above the call and offered excellent service. I honestly cannot do that here. Everyone from the hotel front desk to the staff at Azure were all great. Fast efficient and making sure I wanted for nothing. Hat’s off to the staff here. Good staff means a great management team in the background. This means you should have a great experience as well. I am including a few photo’s of staff members.

I did not have time to treat myself at the Spa, but, I did take a walk through and the Spa facilities look very nice. I wish I had of stayed an extra day to unwind from everything and indulged myself here. Maybe next time.

Finally, if this is just a stopover, then this won’t impact you as I am sure all the rooms are great, but if you are coming for two or more days, I would highly recommend upgrading to a suite. I did and I was super pleased. It is only a modest increase and to have a separate room, separate from the bedroom to relax in, just makes it feel so much more relaxing. I have stayed in other hotels where it was not worth it, but at the Intercontinental Toronto Centre, it is worth the upgrade 100%

I do want to say that the prices might seem high to the budget traveler to stay in the downtown core, but I compared most of the hotels in the business district and I found this hotel to be of great value. If your travels are taking you to Toronto, save on all the daily cab fares and treat yourself to a hotel stay here. I am recommending this one.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. Well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SteveEasternCanada
Dear SteveEasternCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us. It is a pleasure to learn that your enjoyed all aspects of your stay from beginning to end. Our team always aims to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are thrilled that we were successful in doing this for you.

We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at Azure. Our Culinary and Azure team always strives to provide our guests with memorable experiences alongside a wide selection of delicious culinary options, and we know they will be delighted to learn that you enjoyed it all!

When planning your next visit to the city of Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally as I would love to have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Member.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We came over a busy weekend, it was Caribana weekend and One Direction was at the Rogers Centre! The staff did a great job making the long check in more comfortable by bringing us ice cold bottles of water, which I appreciated after a long drive in. Our room was beautiful and newly remodeled. We had a view of the CN tower, roundhouse, and lake which was very beautiful. I found our room very quiet and peaceful and I enjoyed spending down time there. Our housekeeper was very nice and didn't mind that I turned the couch to look out on the water. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated all the pillows. I used the gym each day and found it to be very nice. I loved that there was a room on the side with small weights, benches, barre, balls, etc. We came for both business and vacation and would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear brown-hodges,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and received such superior "at your side" service from our team. It was also wonderful to read that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our fully equipped Fitness Centre during your visit.

Thank you again for your kind recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stephenville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in March for a week when we went to a maple leafs game and the billy joel show. We were walking distance to the td centre and just about everywhere else we wanted to go.
room we had was on a high floor (renovated), it was just a beautiful hotel. nice and clean. ..great staff, comfy beds, nice spa and pool. If you are going to Toronto to shop or to see a show this is a great location.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jessica W, Manager at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear amsterdamdream,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity explore our convenient location during your visit. It was also great to read that our newly renovated Feature Guestrooms were to your liking, as the comfort of our guests' is always one of our top priorities.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My boyfriend and I have stayed here many times over the last year and a half and every time our experience has been wonderful. We come to Toronto often for weekend trips for events/concerts and have stayed at several downtown hotels and this has definitely become our favourite.
You literally cannot beat the location of this hotel, perfect for going to Blue Jays games, Leafs games, the CN tower, Ripley's Aquarium, concerts at Molson Amphitheatre etc. There are also a ton of restaurants and bars within walking distance and the atmosphere on Front Street is great for walking around.
We have stayed in both the standard rooms and the suites at the Intercontinental and both have been exceptional. Staff are great, rooms are modern, well decorated, and clean. The pool at the hotel is beautiful as well. Views are great of either the CN tower/water or the street view.
Most recently we stayed for Canada day long weekend for 2 nights to go to the Digital Dreams concert event. The hotel was at capacity which we knew as there were several large events going on it the city that weekend. We waited for about half an hour to check-in, when we got to the front of the line our room was not ready but we were offered a gift card for the hotel bar/restaurant. This was the only issue we have ever had while staying here and the staff were very accommodating and resolved the issue quickly. Other than this small hiccup our weekend was wonderful as ever.
The stay at the Intercontinental is always comfortable and enjoyable and we will certainly be returning many times in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alysia7
Dear Alysia D,

Thank you for your kind review and continued loyalty. Our team always strives to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are delighted to hear that we have been successful in delivering this to you throughout all of your stay with us.

We apologize for the wait you experienced at check-in during your most recent stay, and as you know this is not indicative of the level of service we are known to provide. However, to ensure instances such as these are avoided in the future, I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments who will be reviewing ways to improve in this area.

When planning you next visit to Toronto, please feel free to contact me personally to assist with your reservation. This would also allow me to have the opportunity to show our gratitude for your ongoing loyalty which is highly valued by everyone on our team.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to your return.