“I love this hotel”

InterContinental Toronto Centre
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I have stayed at this hotel about a dozen times in the past twelve months. Mostly on business trips, but a couple of nights with my wife (for shopping/watching the Bills play at the Rogers Centre).

I am a Platinum Ambassador and the one thing I always find outstanding at this hotel is the staff. From the front desk service, to the concierge, to the bellhops - they all provide impeccable service.

I stay in hotels about 40 nights per year on business. I have stayed at each of the three Intercontinentals in Canada (this one, Toronto Yorkville and Montreal) and, though each has its own charms, this one is my favourite.

I have stayed in three different room types - standard (I am a smoker and have stayed in this room by choice a couple of times - with my ambassador status, each time they have been gracious enough to provide me with club access in lieu of an upgrade), deluxe and junior suite. The smoking, standard rooms are on low floors (I have always stayed on floor 4 of a 25+ floor hotel) and have not been renovated like the rest (I have found smoking rooms at most hotels to be the worst rooms in the hotel, likely for good reason). The deluxe and junior suites are great, I have generally stayed on high floors with great views and modern furnishings.

The Club Lounge is very nice (although I was surprised that you pay for alcohol), and the continental breakfast is a nice way to start the day - particularly the smoked salmon.

An example of the great service they provide - I had a late meeting that ended past 4 p.m. (my Ambassador late-checkout). My flight left at 6:20 p.m. I had the bellhop keep my bags at the hotel and asked for a limo at 4:30. However, my meeting ran late and I didn't end up at the hotel until just after 5 p.m. As soon as I told the bellhop of my situation, he literally ran to get my bags while another escorted me to the car (which was still there, more than half an hour later than I had booked). The first bellhop brought my bags to the car and the driver (during Toronto rush hour traffic) took a route that ensured that I got to the airport on time.

I am looking forward to my next stay there next month.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Toronto Centre

Reviewed 13 September 2010

Total disappointment. I was on business and would never suggest that this hotel meets any of the Holiday Inn/Intercontinental standards of excellence. Dark, dreary, ugly room that was smelly. Low end tv. Poor lighing. Poor service. Nothing redeeming about this stay. I may have to stay again for business in November so will see if anything improves.

3  Thank JackcookOntario
Rodolfooo, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2010

I am proud to share that we've completed our TV upgrade project. We now offer 42" HD TVs with HD programming in every guestroom.

Lightings ion some of our WC's is another area we are addressing in a separate project.

Unfortunately, your visit was prior to this, but I do look forward to your return.

I am confident we can meet your expectation as business traveller. We pride ourselves catering to the needs of business and I am honoured that we have another opportunity to meet your expectations.

Rodolfo Duarte
Director of Rooms
interContinental Toronto Centre

Reviewed 12 September 2010

Just got home from TO, hotel is in a great location for the TIFF. Lovely pool and hot tub area. Everything was very good, only complaints are valet parking is $40/day and was not disclosed at check in even though at check out the guy at the desk said he told us, none of the 3 of us at check in heard this! (not good customer service) The chairs in our room were worn and sofa had stains on it so these things should be either cleaned or replaced.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sdahl
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I've been to different hotels in my 20 years of living but this hotel was the best of the best. The location was perfect the room was perfect and the view from the rooms were priceless. If you dont drive, Union Station is about 2 blocks away. You want to go sight seeing? Harbourfront is about 4 or 5 blocks away and the CN Tower and Rogers Centre are right around the corner. The service was excellent, there was not a question I asked that they couldn't answer for me. The spa is great.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed here for 8 days in late August. The location is superb, almost attached to the CN Tower and definitely attached to the MTCC (convention centre). Also within a few minutes walk of the Roger's Centre. Ideal for all restaurants and bars downtown, including Queen Street West.

My room (superior double) was one of the best I've had anywhere and had a great view of the CN Tower and Lake Ontario. Breakfast was excellent but typically expensive at C$28 before gratuity.

I didn't check out the pool or gym but heard they were small.

Reviewed 29 August 2010

This was an excellent hotel in the centre of Toronto. Near all of the attractions and the waterfront. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. The room, what a view, the CN Tower and the lake, large corner windows, comfortable bed and lots of room. Service was excellent, would certainly visit again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Very nice hotel, and accomodating to such a gigantic and unusual group as the Fan Expo crowd. Super friendly and helpful staff - especially the bellmen. Tawab was especially kind. Live jazz band at the hotel restaurant "Azure" was outstanding! Many thanks! :)