“Stop over”

Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
Ranked #49 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 6 October 2012

My hubby & I stayed for 4 nights (two nights before and two after a 5 day break in Barbados) and found the location great with the free aiport shuttle service brilliant. Check in and check out were both efficient and with the front desk staff always friendly & helpful. The complimentary tea & coffee were very welcome.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Spent a night at this hotel back in July...we had two rooms for our family of four. We didn't really know what to expect, as the reviews seemed to vary quite a bit. When we arrived, their computers were down so check-in was not impressive and took forever. The staff told us that it happens a lot!! Anyway, expecting the worst we were waiting for the shock of the "outdated" and "worn" rooms we had read about...wrong!! The rooms were extremely clean, in very good repair, silent from aircraft noise, and simply...nice!! No, the furniture isn't the latest from "The Art Shoppe" but it is functional and pleasant. Beds were comfortable but may not have been up to Westin's finest...but neither was the price of the room! The pool was huge, both indoor and outdoor...and was comfortably warm. Mixed reviews of the restaurant had us worried...again, the staff and service were fantastic! The food was very good and reasonably priced, not to mention our two kids ate for free! There were NO upcharges or hidden expenses like the Marriott nails you with...printing our boarding passes was actually free!! Most recently we did stay at the Marriott...it made us long for the Holiday Inn, as we feel there is little reason to spend more. Unless you are willing to pay for the Westin right next door, this is a very nice hotel. We are quite fussy but found it a very good bargain!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OnTheBeach321
HITorontoAirport, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear JamesB, Thank you for your review. The hotel did experience a system crash in July and it is unfortunate that you were affected by this. Rest assured the system has been repaired and is running perfectly. We are glad to hear that the hotel met your standards and you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for a short family getaway in Toronto. I booked through hotwire and only paid $69+tax. I was uncertain as to what I'd get for $69 but was extremely please with this hotel.

Check in was quick, parking was $14 but for $30 I could get parking and vouchers for 2 adult breakfast buffets and my 2 kids would eat for free. So I took advantage of that, and very happy I did.

The room was very large, beds were pillow tops and extremely comfortable. They had pillows with nice looking ribbons around them labelling them soft or firm. Sleeping there was very comfortable. I was concerned that being right across from the airport it would be noisy, but it wasn't noisy at all.

Indoor Pool was large and water was warm. The pool was open until late and then opened early as well. There was an outdoor pool, shuffleboard court, and gazebo outside, but we didn't use them.

In the morning, we at the buffet- the food was delicious and there was a great variety. We also swam in the pool again- since checkout wasn't until noon. I liked the late check out so we could enjoy ourselves and relax in the morning.

This hotel was wonderful, even if I had paid a regular rate- it would have been worth it. But through hotwire, it was labeled as 'Toronto airport- east' and either 3 or 3 1/2 stars if you wanted to check it out.

Room Tip: Our room faced the Toronto airport, which my kids thought was cool so they could see the airplanes...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear VacaynDisneyLover, Happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I am glad to hear you took advantage of the upgrade pacakage with breakfast and the kids eat free program. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed time in our pool and enjoyed your breakfast in our restaurant. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel and were impressed by the location, speed of arrival of the shuttle bus and the friendliness of the shuttle driver.

The front desk staff were also very helpful and assisted us with making plans to explore Toronto the following day and bus routes.

It does seem, however, that the hotel is slightly understaffed. After 10 minutes of calling down to the front desk, we decided to go in person to get assistance. One poor clerk was attempting to check in around 20 people!

We would definitely stay here again though.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear GOlfer_T, Thank you for your review of the hotel and highlighting our fast airport shuttle and friendly sevice. We try our best to staff our front desk appropriately, however, due to our location as an airport hotel check-in volume can be unpredictable. We are so happy to hear that you would stay with us again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We found this hotel very comfortable and loved the pool. The hotel room had some wallpaper peeling issues but is fine overall. We were disappointed that there was no refrigerator in our room but glad there was at least a coffee maker. The pool was large and at a very comfortable temperature. There is also a jacuzzi and sauna but the jacuzzi wasn't working the one time we went. Staff at front desk was friendly. We couldn't find a decent and reasonable hotel downtown and so decided to stay here but it's still a drive into the city. The parking fee at 14 CAD was a bit high for the remote area and for the unprotected outdoor self-parking. I would've given this place a 4 "very good" if not for the distance and parking fee.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BrusselsSprouter
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I just wrote this review on holiday inn airport east by mistake
We lost our son in Brampton ont on Saturday 25 of aug. we were there to pick him up and found him.
We were devastated, and decided not to drive back to Welland
We stayed at holiday inn on 970 airport rd.
They were very compassionate and made all efforts to make us comfortable.
Brendon at the desk was great.
The next day other staff there were told of our situation and we could not have been treated any better. We had rooms to book for our family arriving. They blocked out rooms on the same floor so we could all be together. Tauris,Amber, and Brendon made our stay seamless. What ever we needed, we had.
No questions, just smiles and comforting words.
Mike, the concierge was a confidant for me. He greeted me in the morning and gave me words of strength and in the evening when I came back he offered coffee to be brought up.
He was a friend, not a faceless employee.
I can not compliment the staff here enough. I will always stay here when flying from Pearson airport.
Thanks to all of the staff at this hotel.
Brent

Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank MauryM
Reviewed 3 September 2012

It will be hard to keep this short. Our son passed away on Saturday the 25 of August in Brampton. We live in Welland. We were in Brampton to pick him up so decided not to drive back as we were in no state to drive
We were too upset so stayed at this hotel.
We had no luggage or personal care items but Brendon at the desk provided for us. I told him of our sad experience and he did everything he could to make us comfortable.
We went home on Sunday, but returned on Monday to start making funeral arrangements.
Mike was the concierge and somehow realized I was in distress. He was so kind and when I told hi, what had happened he told me to call him for anything we needed. He would bring coffee anytime. He gave us vouchers for breakfast. He spoke kind words to me every day from Monday until Saturday encouraging me to be strong.
There were many rooms, and room changes which the staff at the counter looked after with great efficiency, and no questions. They were there to help.
Their names are Brendon, Tauris, Amber,and Mike the concierge

Thanks to all of them for their compassionate help. The made the hotel stay a non issue for us. We had so many other things to do, we did not have to worry about rooms.They made it all very easy, but they also all had time to talk to us as people who had just lost a son. They were nothing less than amazing.
Thanks to the staff at 970 Dixon rd, holiday inn in Toronto airport !

Stayed: August 2012

Dear MauryM, We are happy that we were able to help in some small way during such a difficult time for you and your family. You will always have friends here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Etobicoke
Holiday Inn Toronto Airport East
Westin Toronto Airport
#62 of 138 in Toronto

Been to Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport? Share your experiences!