“Good for family”

Ranked #53 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Good for family”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport and is good if you have family. But if you're single or on business, there are definitely other better hotels in the area. Fortunately I only had to stay here for one night. Checking in and out was easy. The hotel staff are friendly, courteous, and professional. The staff at the hotel dining area are really nice and helpful. However, during my stay here, two of the five elevators were not working and the waiting time for an elevator was well above average. The room was clean and comfortable. And the bathroom was spacious and clean. There is an outdoor and indoor pool at this hotel which is great. Overall, the hotel is outdated and could use some more upgrades. But it is good value for money if you intend on staying overnight with family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us as we find that this helps us to get a good pulse of where we are from a guest perspective. We are happy that you see us as a family hotel as our brand was built on being a family hotel! Our hotel has great amenities like you mentioned the two pools one indoor and one outdoor pool and the nice thing about them is they are a size that allows for adults to do laps as well as an area for kids to play! I'm sorry to hear about the elevators acting up as we have had our issues with that and are waiting on parts for one to be rebuilt as we speak. I'm glad that you found the room to be comfortable and clean as that is very important to us at the hotel we strive to have great hotels that guests love and our team works hard to be incredibly friendly and spotlessly clean and well maintained!
DougGM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Staff treated me well - as a Platinum Elite member I got upgraded to the Presidential Suite(!). Great view overlooking Pearson, perfect for plane watching. Decor is a bit old, but everything was clean, with standard HI amenities. One very minor disappointment: the coffee maker had only decaf - I was given the last packet of regular at the front desk when I asked mid-afternoon, but still hadn't gotten the promised refills by the time I checked out the next morning. Convenient, if expensive restaurant in-house, and within walking distance of several good restaurants. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay! As a Platinum member I'm glad that our team recognized your loyalty to our family of brands and able to upgrade you accordingly! We do work hard at the hotel to be a great hotel that guests love. We are going to be seeing some upgrades to our hotel with a focus on the guest touch areas so you should see some changes by the end of the year which is exciting for us! As for the coffee in room sorry there were no regular coffee but have passed it onto the housekeeping team! Cheers till your next visit with us....DougGM
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel several times whiles passing thru Toronto. Our latest stay was for 3 days on business and we were treated wonderful. The staff are very efficient and helpful. The rooms are clean even though the hotel is older. The bathrooms are adequate but roomy. It offers free airport transport every 20 minutes and its close proximity to the airport makes it a good choice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joan H
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thanks very much for staying with us and sharing your feedback our team looks forward in hearing how we are doing! We work hard on our culture to be a incredibly friendly hotel that is spotlessly clean and well maintained a great hotel that guest will love! It seems like we are doing a good job from your comments and yes we are a older hotel if 40 is old! But like every older asset we will be upgrading our facilities in the near future and we will be focusing on the guest touch area so stay tune and hope to see you soon in the near future!
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I got sent here because I had problems with my airline and ended up getting stranded in Canada for 24 hours when returning to the States from study abroad in Italy. I was pleasantly surprised by everything at this Holiday Inn, even though it's in the middle of nowhere and you can't (easily) get anywhere but the airport. The room was very clean, everything worked, and basically they had all the amenities you could want at a Holiday Inn. What stood out to me really was how friendly and helpful everyone was. It made my stay there a memorable one. Also, the restaurant had a big breakfast buffet with a view of a lot of greenery outside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Scarberry
Ada H, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience at the Holiday Inn Toronto AIrport. We are really glad to hear that you were satisfied with our amenities that we offer and our clean rooms. Our Restuarant does offer a great buffet and you can't beat the nice view all year around. We will be sure to share your kind words with our staff, as they take such great pride in building great hotels guest love. We would love to welcome you back in the future. Warm Regards, Ada. H Guest Servies Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was attending a function at this hotel a few weeks ago. Service was good amenities were good, actually everything but the parking was very good (had to park far far away).
However as I was walking in the halls going from suite to suite I don't think they have upgraded or changed the wall paper since the 70"s. Don't let the old wall paper stop you from stay at this property because every thing else was pretty good!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Avalanche08
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and not letting the wall paper get in the way of your stay with us!! I'm glad that you found our services and amenities good as we work hard on that. Our team prides it self on being a about providing great service that our customers can not take home with them. We have very good amenities as you mentioned such as the full service dining room lounge indoor outdoor pool and good fitness facility to mention a few. We are always reinvesting back into the property and more to come by end of the year including many guest touch areas so I believe your next visit you will see a difference! Thanks for staying with us and hope to see your return soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Toronto Intertnational airport it was Excellent for service and quality rooms were spacious and very clean and comfortable.

Restaurant was excellent food was amazing... Service was Excellent

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rmorisse
Doug L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks so much for your staying with us and providing us with your feedback on your stay! We work hard at The Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport to be a great hotel that guest love. Our team is passionate about our service culture and providing guests with great service that they can not take home with them but will always want to come back and get more of. We pride ourselves on providing a hotel that is spotlessly clean and well maintained and it seems that by your comments we are doing the right things. Thanks again for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future on your return to Toronto and the Pearson International Airport area!
Regards
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I booked a room thinking I was calling the Holiday Inn site. I phoned the number from Saskatoon to book a room in Toronto,no one told me this was not the Holiday Inn reservation line which is what I thought it was.The web site was headed Holiday Inn not book a room or expedia or booking.com.i booked a room in Toronto calling from Saskatoon and agreed to the price. My surprise came with my credit card statement and found the price was quoted in American dollars this added considerably to my cost due to the exchange rate. NOT HAPPY. I phoned to inquire and was told too bad it was a final sale which I had known but again calling from within Canada to book in Canada why would I think the quote was not in Canadian dollars.i am not pleased will never book this way again

Room Tip: Don't use this booking agent