The hotel is a good place to see Toronto if you want to see it from the eyes of Torontonians, and NOT as toursits who tend to flock downtown or maybe near Bloor & Young.
You don't need a car at all. The parking lot is outside and it is really small. Most cars are double or triple parked, so a valet has to move cars around if you want to drive.
The subway is not as close as I thought but it is 10-15 minute walk which is fine unless you have big suitcases. There are several buses that can take you to
the subway and taxis are easy to get. Taxi to the airport is between 50 and 65 CAD but you can take a direct bus 192 to Kipling subway station from Pearson
and then 2 subway lines to Eglington Station. There is plenty coffee shops, restaurants and convenience stores nearby. I didn't realize the hotel is on a street
that has city buses so they may be noisy if you're on a lower floor. The breakfast is good, about 3 stars, and includes fresh fruit salad, scrambled eggs, sausages, sometimes bacon, a selection of breads and cereals.
The rooms are OK, furniture needs updating but sheets and towels are clean. The bed seemed to be smaller than US queen size so it was a bit tight for two of us, neither one being a large person.
The TV channels are not HD. The internet is good closer to the door to the hallway, there is no access point or router in the room, but the speed is OK for browsing.
The lobby is nice and a computer with a printer is available, free WiFi in lobby too. A swimming pool is on the third floor, with lounge chairs, as is a fitness room and washer/dryer machines.
Check-in and out was quick. Staff is friendly and helpful.
They can store your luggage if you need to. I would recommend it for its combination of price, location and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites is 109 guestroom boutique style property located in midtown Yonge/ Eglinton area with restaurants, shops, theatres, endless entertainment.Complimentary wireless Internet, fitness room, business centre, outdoor rooftop pool. Valet Parking only - extra charges apply. Restaurant open for breakfast only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Roehampton Hotel Toronto
- Best Western Roehampton Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Toronto
- Toronto Best Western