“Nice stay at this middle-of-the road hotel”

BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites
Ranked #61 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Tempe, Arizona
“Nice stay at this middle-of-the road hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked directly with the hotel. Got their "manager's special" for a 3 night stay. I was very pleased with the top floor (10th floor) room that was clean, had plenty of space and was very quiet. I sleep best when I keep the room cool & this room had a nice low temperature setting and a very comfortable king bed. I slept great there!
This hotel is not new. My room's furnishings had a bit of a dated look, but there was a large modern TV, lots of outlets to plug in my gadgets, and the cleaning staff was very good in maintaining a clean appearance for my stay. I liked the small fridge in the room, too. There was free Wi-Fi, but it was not a strong signal, nor a very fast one.

This part of town, North Toronto, was ideal for my visit, but if you're looking for lively nightlife, this probably isn't the best neighborhood for hipsters. I enjoyed a couple of great restaurants within walking distance, Zee Grill & Smoked and Cracked, both on Mt. Pleasant Rd. nearby as well as a great bakery for pastries called the Flaky Tart. And I found some nice places to shop on Yonge St., especially the Art Shop which was an interior decorators paradise. If you're there on a Tuesday, there was a farmers market on Mt. Pleasant near Davisville that had some amazing produce, prepared food and local maple syrup which were all top-notch.

I would stay here again if my visits to Toronto were focused around the northern end of town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank elsal
Supun_W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to add a review on your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Roehampton Hotel. We are glad that you were pleased with your room, amenities and our neighborhood . We appreciate your kind remarks about our cleaning staff.

We are sorry to lean that you did not get a strong Wi-Fi signal. Recently, we have made an upgrade to our Wi-Fi service and your feedback is very valuable to rectify any such problems for future guests.

We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Old Smelly and dated. I booked this hotel Because they claimed there was parking at this Hotel.Guess what I had to park a few blocks away at a Public lot and it cost me a fortune. Worst Scrambled Eggs ever. Breakfast was stale. No towels in pool area?? Why???

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Rudy J
Supun_W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roehampton Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We do sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Best Western Roehampton Hotel and Suites. Unfortunately, due to limited availability of parking spaces on our property we had no choice but to direct our guests to the city parking lot as stated on our website. We are sorry to learn that our breakfast buffet was not up to your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback and thank you for your visit.

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I booked into this hotel for a single night and had never stayed here before. Upon arrival the welcoming by the desk staff was cold, indifferent and the opposite of welcoming. The desk clerk was a sour faced female who probably should consider a career change where interacting with the public is not a requirement.

The room was a fair size but somewhat tired in appearance and decor. Some maintenance details were overlooked (photos included) with peeling paint and wallpaper and well worn carpets. For the price of the room, the value is very poor. I could tolerate the deficiencies at half the rate but not in this case.

The room view was of rooftops and alleys. An in-room refrigerator was present but was hastily placed in a corner near the bathroom with an ugly power cord visible. There was no purpose built cabinet for the appliance.

The noisy HVAC kept us awake and the experience could be described as sleeping next to a washing machine on spin cycle.. for the entire night. Lovely..

Complimentary breakfast buffet service starts at 7AM. We had to leave by 7AM so we did not get to sample what I'm sure was a disappointment. Most breakfast buffets start prior to 7AM at other hotels to accommodate people who have early starts.

Parking will set you back $16 on top of your overpriced room also.

If you can drive minutes to the north there are lots of other options at reasonable rates on the north side of the 401.

Do make the effort to save yourself some grief.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere.... anywhere... have you considered sleeping in your car?
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 737GaB
We are sorry that our Hotel facilities did not meet up to your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to learn that you did not receive a warm welcome upon arrival. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a comfortable and a memorable stay.

We have noted your comments and will be looking into each and every point that you have mentioned. Once again please accept our apologies. Thank you for review and we sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very satisfied with our room and stay. My words to Trip Advisor will be "exceeded our expectations!" I had recently stayed at a Ramada in Niagara Falls and paid more for much less. I am a loyal Best Western member and this stay confirms Best Western is my first (and usually) my only choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel services. We are pleased to learn that we have exceeded your expectations and we will share your compliments with our team members. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Best Western Roehampton Hotel and Suites
Kerry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

stayed here for 4 nights. had work in the local area (which is maybe 20 mins from downtown). hotel had a reasonable breakfast, and wifi was fine. a bit dated. but i would stay here again considering price and accessibility (close to public transport etc..)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our services. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay for an overnight stay with a great breakfast in the morning! Very comfortable rooms and plenty of space and very comfy beds. This hotel is close to shops and restaurants and not far from Sunnybrook and Bayview Avenue.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We thank you for your business and would like to welcome you back.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Myself, my boyfriend and a large number of my family all recently stayed in this hotel and I really enjoyed my stay.

For a three star hotel, I was really impressed by it's décor and cleanliness. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is great, the food is very nice! There's also a nice pool and a 24 hour gym, very useful. Myself and my family were attending a wedding in the area so, it's location was great for us and was the main reason we chose this hotel. There's plenty of restaurants near by and there's a subway station just a short walk away and it's cheap to use! I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank youngmcgirl
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and appreciate your kind comments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.