“Good hotel for deaf people. The hearing world... not so much.”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #82 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The lobby is large and attractive, the meeting rooms are typical, as are the restaurant and bar. Our sleeping room was small and pretty cramped, with barely enough room between the foot of the bed and the dresser to get by easily. The microwave and refrigerator were useful. But the thing that was the most distressful was the noise from the airport. I asked for a quiet room, away from traffic, elevators, ice machine, etc. Usually I get a higher floor, but in this 12 story hotel, the quiet floor (which to them meant no children, fair enough) was the 5th floor. Turns out there is no quiet in this hotel, as we were DIRECTLY under the flight path. Jets roared past from 6 am to midnight. Even with earplugs I had a hard time sleeping before the flights stopped for the night. Bed was comfortable, I will say that, Most of the people at the hotel were helpful and nice. So overall, it was okay, and if you need someplace close to the airport for an early flight, this would be ideal. If airport noise doesn't bother you, it's fine, and the price is reasonable for the amenities, though they seem to charge a lot for parking.

Room Tip: Take note of which way the planes are coming in, and get a room on the side of their approach. Less...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HotelMGT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We are terribly sorry to hear that you were not able to have a restful night’s sleep during your stay. Our higher floors tend to be closer in relation to the airplane flight path above and can be less tranquil. So, we recommend our quiet floor as it offers no room service or housekeeping service after 9pm and families and guests with pets are not assigned to this specific level, so to ensure better sleep quality. On the hand, we are glad that you were able to enjoy the rest of our hotel and amenities along with our friendly helpful staff.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The room was a good size but could have been cleaner. The in-room coffee was awful! It's really close to the airport and has a good number of restaurants within a 2 minute walk. Even with the planes flying overhead we both got a good sleep. I bought a deal through Travel Zoo and had not issues with booking what I wanted. Our flight left early in the morning so we didn't get a chance to have the breakfast. The TravelZoo coupon allowed for 21 days of parking (we only needed 14) for much less than paying the cost of parking only at the airport. Staff was very friendly and the shuttle was on time. We called when arriving back in Canada and the shuttle only took 10minutes to aerie and we were the only people waiting - that is the first time I have waited less than 30 minutes for a shuttle.

Room Tip: We had a room one floor up from when the elevators stopped so need to take stairs with our luggage...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMGT, Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy that you had the opportunity to purchase our promotional park and fly deal through Travelzoo and took the time to share your experience online about our timely 24 hour Airport Shuttle, complimentary long term parking, restful sleep amidst the flight path overhead and about our welcoming staff. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. We do regret that we were not able to resolve the issue with your room while you were still on property, we can assure you that our Executive Houseeping Manager will be informed as this is not indicative of Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport's standards. Thank you once again for your review. Hope that you will consider to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hi there, I got this hotel through a third party source like I did the last time and though it was just Sept of 2013 when I stayed there last, it seemed more in need of upkeep this time around. I was placed on floor 8 in a room that was the mirror opposite of the one I stayed in then so I did not take extra photos.

What I found different this time was a peculiar smell upon arriving in my room but after I turned on the AC it seemed to dissipate a little. The window was completely dirty on the outside so I could barely see through it---I thought odd for a hotel of this caliber. I went in search of ice and where that should have been on my floor was just a big empty room. Another gentleman on my floor was looking too and we covered the entire 8th floor before decided to try floor 7 where we found some. A little sign would have been nice to let us know!

Also, when I checked in this time I was not given the internet password and had to call for it. These were all minor things that had no major impact on my stay and I would still consider this hotel again for an overnight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a clean window
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us online. Your comments are extremely important to us. We will be sure to share everything that you have outlined in your review with the appropriate department heads so that we can rectify the issues you have experienced during your time with us. It is with regret that we were unable to resolve these issues while you were on site. Thank you once again and we hope that we can make your future stay seamless.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel used to be the Carlton Place. It is in the flight path of Pearson so if you are not used to planes overhead at regular intervals, you may have a hard time sleeping. Having said that, the bed was comfortable, the check-in went fine and there was plenty of parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel and kind words about our bedding and efficient check in process.
Please accept our apologies for any discomfort that resulted from the outside noise. As you noted we are located near the airport.
We hope to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I bought a groupon for parking and a nights stay which allows you to park for up to 14 days (I think, may be 22 days) and allows for a nights accommodation for $80. We had an early flight and prefer to stay out near the airport, and parking would be in the $70 range for a week anyways. Shuttle service to/from the airport is provided as well.

The deal worked out great for us and includes a decent buffet breakfast as well.

The hotel is a little older and could probably use an upgrade in several areas, but the room was fine. The bed was a little firm for my liking, but some may prefer that.

There is a pool and hot tub on site and is a little older like the hotel, but it was acceptable and nice to relax in as we started out vacation.

Staff and check in was good, no issues.

I would highly recommend this deal, mostly form a value perspective, and the hotel was acceptable.

I'm not sure what a full rate would cost and you can probably find nicer/ more updated hotels in the area, but our deal was great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know that you had an enjoyable stay with us! I am pleased to read that our hotel and services met your expectations and that you found our location suitable for your needs.
We hope that you will visit us again in future.
Fronr Office Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Expensive rooms for basic accommodations. Much nicer options around Toronto Airport to stay. Hotel is older and hasn't had much restoration and the amenities seem older and out of date. Positive note, the internet was quick and reliable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for finding the time to share your feedback with us.
Although we have received many positive comments about our hotel from other Guests who stayed with us , it definitely sounds like we failed to meet your expectations in regards to your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have shared your comments with our team in an attempt to learn from our failings. I hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Elena Naryjnaia,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed for two nights. No issues. Very clean hotel. Staff are pleasant. Our package included the breakfast buffet, the buffet was $16.95 regularly so I am not sure what the $70 that someone else mentioned was about. The food was fresh and hot Our room was clean and quiet. I didn't have a chance to use the pool,sauna or hot tub. But the area looked clean. I really had no issues with the hotel at all. The elevators worked well. And the WIFI worked perfectly for us. As for food and beverage prices, it's a hotel in Toronto by the airport. They can charge whatever they want. You have lots of options for Restaurants in the area. I have stayed here in the past and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Great to hear that you had such a good stay with us, thank you for sharing your experience! I am very glad that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area in future and we will have another opportunity to welcome you at our hotel.