“Don't believe the haters”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #85 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We only stayed 2 nights at Crowne and chose it largely because we had stayed at a similar rated IHG hotel in the USA.

I literally can;t fault the property. Our room was large and lovely. The beds and pillows, oh my goodness they are amazingly good. Best I have had in a hotel.
Included breakfast was also outstanding.

I don;t knwo what else to say, for the price this establishment is simply 5 star!!

Room Tip: Can't fault ours, the beds are incredible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport hotel recently, and as well for sharing your feedback from your visit.
We are absolutely delighted to see that you found it to be "5 Star" and had a memorable experience of breakfast. I will be sure to share you kind, complimentary comments for our staff.
We appreciate that you will recognize us as a great place to stay in Toronto, and advise family and friends the same. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure to welcome you back as our guest in the near future!
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Toronto airport while in Canada with a children's performing arts group. The reservation and booking was handled by a travel agent, otherwise I don't think I would have stayed here.
This hotel is strictly for business travelers staying a night or two, not for families, groups or those vacationing. I was quite disappointed.
First I called three weeks before my arrival requesting a mini-fridge for my room as microwaves and fridges in the rooms are not customary. I really needed a fridge because I was traveling with my infant son who has milk and baby food and we were staying 6 days. If I couldn't get room with a fridge, I was told that they could bring one for the room. Despite me calling ahead of time with my request there was no fridge for me. Instead they gave me access to the "crew room" which has a fridge and microwave. While this is something, it was on the 6th floor and far away from my room on the 3rd floor. Not a convenient place to store baby bottles and food.
Second the room was VERY small. It was not updated at all. The wallpaper was peeling and had stains on it. The door safety latch was broken (as if someone had kicked it open)The faucet drain would not stay up so there was a pool of water in it until I pried it up. The shower pull tab was very difficult to work. The bathroom had random hair all over (not ours). There was a musty, moldy smell in the bathroom as if it wasn't cleaned recently. The carpet look dirty, I didn't allow my baby to crawl around. There were only 3 outlets, I was constantly plugging and unplugging to use my bottle warmer, charger and lamp.
Breakfast was okay, except it was the same every day, no variety at all.
Room service was fast and very tasty, however very limited in selection. I had the burger, yum.
Lastly, they pride themselves in comfortable beds and bedding. Negative! the bed was extremely hard and the sheets were regular and there was just a blanket.
Pool was okay, small but clean, just the towels were not replenished regularly.
The front desk staff was okay. There was one gentleman that helped me. (My reservation was wrong). However he wasn't wearing a name tag (must have been on his jacket, which was off) so I can't say who provided me with good service.
WiFi worked great.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel for long stays or vacationing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SagaciousTraveler_76
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stays with us. It is important for us to hear your comments, specially when there is an opportunity for us to make changes to our service levels. I am very sorry that you encountered challenges in your guest room but was happy to read about positive impression given to you by out Front Desk Agent. and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you further. Rest assured though, that your review has been forwarded to the department heads concerned.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the star and rate, it is an excellent value. I would think it would at least be a 4 star. We booked through Hotwire for about $60/night. Nice clean rooms that are updated. Pool is a small size but nice for a quick dip or small swim. hot tub really isn't hot, it is more like a warm tub.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate the great comments regarding our accommodations and pool. We pride ourselves on providing the ultimate guest experience. Hopefully see you back at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel for bussiness or leisure.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed many Crown Plaza hotels and this is by far the worst one I have Ever stayed at.
When I go to check in I arrive and my room is completely filthy
I try calling down to front desk no one answers
I then head back downstairs with the gentleman offers me a more modern room
It was on the 12th floor I go to get in the elevator and realize there is no 12th floor listed on the elevator I later find out I must take the elevator to the 11th floor then proceed to a set of staircases and climb up a flight of stairs in order to reach my floor with of course my child and my suitcase in hand

Once I arrived in my room there is so much dust on the table coffee maker and really everything I could write my name it you could visibly see it

The swimming pool is absolutely disgusting I think if the health department ever saw the state of that swimming pool it would be closed down
There is such a thick black ring around the edge of the pool
children were drawing in it with their nails you could barely see your feet while standing in the pool because the pool was so filled with Scum the water had a yellowish green tinge the hot tub had mold in it and the same ring around of scum all of the Jets in the hot tub did not function nor was it even remotely hot

I would never stay in this hotel again nor would I recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, and will look into what happened during your stay. We typically get very good reviews on the services we provide and on quality of the guest rooms, and do our best to respond quickly when notified of any problems. Reviews like yours are invaluable as they help us improve.
We hope that you will consider us for a future stay.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I are regular travellers to Canada - we booked a trip to Toronto and lodged at the Crowne Plaza which is about 5 mins or so from the airport , upon arrival for checking in , we discovered that parking was not free ,even though when we booked it was listed with free complimentary parking , once we got our room key from the disgruntled staff members , we proceeded up to the 8 Floor, after trekking down the hallway , we could smell cigarette smoke, even though again they stated this was a non-smoking floor , here, where it gets better ..the hallways was like something out of a Motel, the old decrepit wallpaper was utterly unattractive. once in the room , we found the room in a satisfactory manner , the wall were all scratched up , toilet was filthy , it was like we were stuffed in a closet . we then call the front desk to make a complaint , again dealing with unfriendliness of the front desk . they sent up some woman to inspect the room which was of no help . we ask to be move to another room , and would you believe again we were shoved into the back of the closet , this time it was even worst , we try to take a shower the tub was backed up and would not drain fast enough , do you know how gross it is to be bathing in your own filth!!!!! we complained again , and no one was sent up to look at the tub , the cleaning lady mentioned nothing to management about the tub being backed up , you would think she would , giving they even cleaned it . 2 days past , finally we were on our way out and stopped at the front desk , I spoke to a young indian man name (Kwasi or something like that ) which was very polite and to my surprise upon returning that night , the tub was fixed, that was the only sensible and customer friendly person we dealt with at the hotel the entire time . we would not recommend anyone staying at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Canada . it was awful . I could go on , but you get the jiss.

Room Tip: Review and Review before making any reservations , and call the hotel to find out what is includ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for bringing the concerns with your stay to our attention. Honest feedback from our guests is of the utmost importance to us, as this helps us monitor and further improve our products and services to our guests.
We strive for continuous excellence at Crowne Plaza, which is achieved through our guests alerting us to these opportunities. It is unfortunate that you encountered concerns during your stay with us. We rely heavily on guests alerting us to unsatisfactory experiences while they are still here, so we are given the opportunity to rectify the concern.
Again, we appreciate the time you took to provide feedback to us after your stay. Your comments will be reviewed by the leadership team to look into further development. Thank you for staying with us, we hope that the above unsatisfactory occurrences did not hinder your overall experience at the hotel and that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Around the airport there are many hôtels at rather reasonable prices. However, this location does not meet the usual Crown Plaza standard.
Rather run-down, more Motel-6 than anything else. The rooms have probably been refreshed well over 10 years ago. Everything is pretty basic. Clean, but basic.
Wi-Fi for free: a positive point (even if the speed is not top)
Fitness: machines from the last century (open 24 hours)
Pool: starts only at 7 am (this at an international airport...) - only Inside and rather sticky air - attention: people walking to the breakfast will see you!!
Power Adapters: not for sale, not for loan (yes, the hotel is next door to an international airport.....)
Breakfast: ok, if included. if not, you might as well eat at the airport
Airport shuttle: once you identify the right shuttle (not easy), about every 30 minutes
All in all, I think there are better options. Consider spending a few dollars more - it might be your Worth wile (but attention: there are still hôtels out there charging your for internet: Hilton - Sheraton)

Room Tip: Don't bother about breakfast (unless your requirements are very basic and your budget large enou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Geneva2009
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations but I appreciate that you pointed out areas of our operation that could be improved. Rest assured that your comments have been shared and discussed with our management team. We hope that we will have an opportunity in future to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I know I arrived early but the gentleman said that Hotwire guests are not allowed early check ins. Being in this industry for well over 10 years, I wouldn't say those words. I would say it's simply unavailable. They did not offer to store my luggage, a call or text when it was available or access to the amenities on site. Once I was able to check in the lady (I think sienne?) was very nice. Once I checked out a different lady was very rude. There are better options in the area for your money. It wasn't worth the hotwire price.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Xta15

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review following your recent stay at our hotel. It is important for us to hear from you in order to know and be able to address your concerns.
At Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel, we take great pride in the service we provide. Rest assured that your experience is in no way indicative of our standards and service levels. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your stay with you. Please contact me directly at you earliest convenience at frontofficemanager@cptayyz.com