“Don't book through a third party”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #74 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Goderich, Canada
“Don't book through a third party”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked through a third party website. We called the day before to request two double beds. We were told they were not available, but that a request would be made for two double beds when we checked in. At the time of check in, there were still no double beds available.

The hotel and parking lot seemed empty. So, we went online and searched for 5 rooms with 2 double beds at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, and would have been able to book these online. Third party. Second class. Irate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom S
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us via this review.
Let me first of all apologize for everything that made your stay with us such a negative experience. All your concerns have been brought to the attention of our Reservation Team.
I want you to know that we take these remarks very seriously, however, if this is the impression that we have given you, I sincerely apologize on behalf of our team. I hope that we will have an opportunity to change the negative image you currently have of our hotel to a positive one.
I hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Korean first
Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel stressed after a bit of a difficult taxi experience and showed our travel agent's voucher to the receptionist who was very quick to insist that we had no reservation and seemed to think there was no possibility that the hotel could have made a mistake. After some negotiation we agreed to pay (again) for the night and we were told to speak to the travel agent who said that there definitely had been a booking made and put in a request for us to be reimbursed. A more hospitable receptionist would have been a bit more helpful and empathic. Having said that, the price was reasonable and rooms were fine if a little small. There was a shuttle bus that runs every half hour to the airport which was handy. We had dinner at Canyon Creek nearby where the staff were hospitable and the food nice. Wi fi difficult. Overall really only good for those going on to airport.

Room Tip: You may need to ask for a refrigerator as none in our room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. It is important for us to hear your comments, specially when there is an opportunity for us to make changes to our service levels.
I am very sorry that you encountered challenges whilechecking in. Rest assured though, that your review has been forwarded to the department heads concerned.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

For the second time on our journey we checked into a Crowne Plaza and for the second time got less than the more we expect from these locations. Priority Club membership not acknowledged or upgraded on check-in, given a an a-joining room that had multiple people visiting from others rooms. 10 minutes into bed we knew we were never going to get any sleep. Called the front desk and requested another room and asked for the upgrade we should have been given in the first place. I will say this was promptly done and we were moved to a nice suite on the club floor. Found the hallways on the first floor we were assigned to in need of cleaning. Very noisy travelers everywhere. Suite was much quieter. Lots of amenities nearby. Noting other comments regarding night curtains they were available in both rooms we were given. I am sure it is an ok location and acknowledge our very tired state on arrival. Did not use or seek out any other amenities the site may have had to offer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear that other guests impacted your stay with us and you did not get the restful stay we normally provide. All guests and groups are welcome at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel and we apologize that our efforts to manage this particular group was not successful. We typically get very good reviews on the service we provide, and do our best to respond quickly when notified of any problems. Reviews like yours are invaluable as they help us improve for the next time. We hope that you will consider us for a future stay.
Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is an average airport hotel, facilities and rooms look old but well-kept in neat, clean and good working condition. Hotel offers spacious rooms but without night curtain, thus felt “exposed” at night with room lights turned on. Offered free WIFI but of poor connectivity and speed. There are several restaurants nearby despite the deserted location. Hotel staffs are friendly but not very efficient. Needed additional towel, called housekeeping and front desk from 7:30pm till 8:00pm, but no one picked up the phone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us recently, and for sharing your feedback after your visit. Your concerns are very important to us, as we are continually working toward providing the best experience possible for each of our guests.
We are pleased that you found our staff friendly, but disappointed that you weren't as comfortable in our guest room as we would hope.
We very much appreciate your comments and I will be sure to share these with our management team for future consideration. We sincerely hope that we do have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We only stayed 2 nights at Crowne and chose it largely because we had stayed at a similar rated IHG hotel in the USA.

I literally can;t fault the property. Our room was large and lovely. The beds and pillows, oh my goodness they are amazingly good. Best I have had in a hotel.
Included breakfast was also outstanding.

I don;t knwo what else to say, for the price this establishment is simply 5 star!!

Room Tip: Can't fault ours, the beds are incredible.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport hotel recently, and as well for sharing your feedback from your visit.
We are absolutely delighted to see that you found it to be "5 Star" and had a memorable experience of breakfast. I will be sure to share you kind, complimentary comments for our staff.
We appreciate that you will recognize us as a great place to stay in Toronto, and advise family and friends the same. Hopefully, we will have the pleasure to welcome you back as our guest in the near future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Toronto airport while in Canada with a children's performing arts group. The reservation and booking was handled by a travel agent, otherwise I don't think I would have stayed here.
This hotel is strictly for business travelers staying a night or two, not for families, groups or those vacationing. I was quite disappointed.
First I called three weeks before my arrival requesting a mini-fridge for my room as microwaves and fridges in the rooms are not customary. I really needed a fridge because I was traveling with my infant son who has milk and baby food and we were staying 6 days. If I couldn't get room with a fridge, I was told that they could bring one for the room. Despite me calling ahead of time with my request there was no fridge for me. Instead they gave me access to the "crew room" which has a fridge and microwave. While this is something, it was on the 6th floor and far away from my room on the 3rd floor. Not a convenient place to store baby bottles and food.
Second the room was VERY small. It was not updated at all. The wallpaper was peeling and had stains on it. The door safety latch was broken (as if someone had kicked it open)The faucet drain would not stay up so there was a pool of water in it until I pried it up. The shower pull tab was very difficult to work. The bathroom had random hair all over (not ours). There was a musty, moldy smell in the bathroom as if it wasn't cleaned recently. The carpet look dirty, I didn't allow my baby to crawl around. There were only 3 outlets, I was constantly plugging and unplugging to use my bottle warmer, charger and lamp.
Breakfast was okay, except it was the same every day, no variety at all.
Room service was fast and very tasty, however very limited in selection. I had the burger, yum.
Lastly, they pride themselves in comfortable beds and bedding. Negative! the bed was extremely hard and the sheets were regular and there was just a blanket.
Pool was okay, small but clean, just the towels were not replenished regularly.
The front desk staff was okay. There was one gentleman that helped me. (My reservation was wrong). However he wasn't wearing a name tag (must have been on his jacket, which was off) so I can't say who provided me with good service.
WiFi worked great.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel for long stays or vacationing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SagaciousTraveler_76
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stays with us. It is important for us to hear your comments, specially when there is an opportunity for us to make changes to our service levels. I am very sorry that you encountered challenges in your guest room but was happy to read about positive impression given to you by out Front Desk Agent. and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you further. Rest assured though, that your review has been forwarded to the department heads concerned.
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the star and rate, it is an excellent value. I would think it would at least be a 4 star. We booked through Hotwire for about $60/night. Nice clean rooms that are updated. Pool is a small size but nice for a quick dip or small swim. hot tub really isn't hot, it is more like a warm tub.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear of your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate the great comments regarding our accommodations and pool. We pride ourselves on providing the ultimate guest experience. Hopefully see you back at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel for bussiness or leisure.