“Well-located, but Toronto had better options”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 17 May 2011

At first sight this hotel seemed to be uncomfortable, it was in renovation and the corridors seemed pretty thrilling. But then they gave me a just renewed room, which was very small but clean, tidy, comfortable. I stayed there only for one night, just because the Novotel was overbooked, but then I transfered to Novotel.
I would say the localization is good, just across the Eaton Centre and Hard Rock Cafe, bars, etc. And the hotel is ok, but I prefere not to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I have just returned from a 6 night stay in the Bond Place Hotel. On the plus side the location is fantastic - it's just around the corner from Yonge-Dundas Square and is within walking distance of most of the main attractions.
The service was ok - the staff were pleasant enough but didn't really seem too helpful.
Now onto the cons - firstly the noise! The hotel is undergonig a renovation at the moment and on a few occasions I had to call reception early in the morning and ask them if they could have the drilling/hammering etc on our floor to be stopped - it didn't so I had to use earplugs!
Then there is the room - although nice an newly decorated, new bathroon etc, the rooms are very small, there are no drawers, not enough shelf space and no handrail in the bath which I thought was quite dangerous.
Overall I think it was good value for money (we paid $90 CAD per night) if you can put up with the noise!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMMB1977
Reviewed 5 May 2011

The title I gave this review does suggest not a great stay, and I stand by my words if I had my time again in this hotel I would have asked to be moved but we had 3 days there and were moving on to NYC so I didn't complain. However if you want any sleep don't accept rooms 214 or 215, your above reception, and there is a pub (bar) across the street, where it seems the patrons find it necessary to talk louder as louder as the evening progresses into the small hours. After the second night of this carry on I did try to ring down to reception but surprise surprise there was no one there to answer. If the rowdy patrons of the pub weren't enough the tram also ran along under our window, not ideal.
Now not to be all doom and gloom, the hotel is situated in a very central location and UFC promotion was going on whilst we stayed there, so my son was really excited about that, shops are close by and it was easy to get around on our stay.
The staff in the reception area were very helpful, and we went on a lovely trip to Niagra Falls

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I've had the good fortune of staying at the Bond Place Hotel three times now and look forward to going there whenever I return to Toronto. The quaint rooms were renovated since my last stay, resulting in a modern contemporary look that suits the hotel well.

The location is outstanding, right in the middle of everything, and the staff is top notch. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank xcatch
Reviewed 30 April 2011

This hotel is in a great location. Just a stones throw from the shops around and in the Eaton Centre. The airport bus stops right outside the hotel and the sightseeing buses go from Dundas square which is a two minute walk away. There are lots of places to eat nearby also.

The room was recently renovated and was nice and clean. The corridor had not yet been renovated but that didn't bother me. I knew from reading previous reviews that the hotel was being renovated and could be noisy as a result but I didn't hear anything.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2011

It took me a while and alot of research until I finally decided on the Bond Hotel. This hotel was perfect - location was great - right by a mall -and many restaurants plus a short walk to the St. Lawrence Market and the CN Tower - and even close to the Harbour Front and the Rogers Centre - perfect location - the best part was the cleanliness of this hotel. They are remodeling it so the hallways are still in process of being remodeled but the rooms were perfect - had a room with a queen size bed plus two twins - perfect for us - plus wooden floors and very little furniture which made the room very clean -- even the beds are on wheels so they could clean under the bed - loved it!! The workers couldn't be any friendlier - they were always trying to help and knew who we were even the following day - if I was to come back to Toronto - this is the place I would stay - thanks so much for a wonderful and clean stay!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
SilverHotelGroup, Owner at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2011

Thank you for such a great review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Toronto and, in particular, at the Bond Place. We are very excited that are renovations are nearing completion and that guest feedback so far has been great. We do apologize about the uncompleted corridors, all part of the process. We look forward to having you on your next trip, so you can see the finished product.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

What i write here is really true. The hotel had a complete renovation and because if this some down floor are filled with workers. There are lots of glue and detergent smells. There is no gym in hotel now which is write at the site. Another tjing is that this hotel has a rate of 15 $ a day for just using 24h internet connection which is very wierd. Nobody accept tjis rate. The hotel has a bad place for breakfast. Totaly i will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Azadkavoosi

I'm so sorry to read your comments, but appreciate your feedback. It is true...we are in the final weeks of a major renovation project so contractors are in the hotel working away and as they complete some work there may be some lingering scents for a day or two. But the overall results are going to be worth it, guest feedback has been great on all the changes throughout the hotel. During your stay, the 2nd floor may have been under renovation, which is why the Fitness Room would have been out of order. It is now back up and operating. I apologize if there was some confusion on the internet, as all of our internet packages are under $10. We hope that you will give us another try after the renovations are complete.