“Great location, That's it!”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #57 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Comox Valley, Canada
“Great location, That's it!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We chose the Bond Place only because it's beside the new Jazz Bistro where we were attending an event...That's it!
There is absolutely no place to park upon your arrival, so I suggest parking your car in the lot beside the hotel, they'll charge you $20 bucks for 24 hours with in and out privilege. I found out later the hotel parking lot is somewhere down the street.
Once checked in, we spent 10 minutes trying to get 2 of the 3 elevators to work (the 3rd elevator is out-of-order). The elevator runs on some-type of card system that is dysfunctional, including taking you to the 18th floor and straight back down again, yikes! Luckily our room was on the 3rd floor so we used the stairs for our safety, but if you're on an upper floor, good luck.
When we arrived at our room, the door was open, the bed stripped and nobody around, so we found the housekeeper and she said she needed at least 20 minutes to prepare the room.
We went for an unanticipated early supper to wait and once back reported this to the front desk where it was answered with an 'oh so sorry'...period!
We read previously that the rooms were small, but they are seriously so small that you can't even change your mind in them, LOL! Rooms are appointed with a bar-fridge, wide screen TV, a good airconditioning system and newer bathroom fixtures. There are problems with plumbing in the building and you'll end up showering in standing water.
I required an iron and board (both in the room and neither worked, believe it or not), so I called down for replacements, and then called down 30 minutes later, until finally someone showed up, took them away, and arrived back with a "newer" iron and board: I was NOT impressed as I was very close to being late for the event we were in Toronto to attend.
Anyways, we DID arrive at our event on time, truly enjoyed ourselves too! And we did have a good nights sleep in a quiet room with a comfortable bed.
We decided not to deal with the indifferent front desk staff on our departure and instead dropped our room-cards in the drop box.
I would not recommend this hotel unless you had to be within a one-block radius.
Cheers!
Paul

Room Tip: DO NOT choose a high floor as the elevator is truly a hit-and-miss proposition!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paulshappy
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Dear Paulshappy:

Thank you for your review on the Bond Place Hotel. We’re sorry that you feel unsatisfied with your experience.

We do offer a parking garage at a rate of $19/overnight. The garage is on the North side of the building, just across the street. This is a secure, underground garage that gives you in/out privileges. We’re sorry that you were not informed of this.

As per the elevator situation, we truly do apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, the whole city of Toronto has suffered as the Elevator Technician Strike has affected the maintenance of our elevators. The one elevator that did not work was put out of service for a minor issue but, we wanted to be cautious for our guests’ safety. The strike has come to a partial end so, we are looking forward to having the elevator serviced and put back to work to ensure that there are no issues for our guests.

We were unaware of the circumstances that you came across upon your arrival and wish for you to connect with us at 416-362-6067 to discuss this matter further. We have a policy in place that guests are not to be given access to their room until is completely ready for them and we are genuinely sorry that you had to experience this.

Our standard rooms are of the smallest scale in the hotel. We do, however offer larger rooms and suites if more space is needed for minimal upgrade charges. We hope that one of our representatives informed you of this and that you were offered a showing of the rooms. We’re also glad that you brought the issue of the iron and ironing board to our attention. We have forwarded your comments to our Housekeeping Department to have all amenities inspected and replaced if need be.

We sincerely apologize that your experience was not up to standard and hope that you give us a second chance. If you decide to come back to Toronto, please connect with our Front Office Manager at 416-362-6067 and we will be sure to make it up to you.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel. We look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I liked the modern yet simple, clean rooms, and I really liked the non carpet floors which means cleaner and less germs.I liked the use of the card in the elevators , which means less chance of intruders. Ivery much like the location very close to the hospital and close to attractions as well as u having discounts and info to attractions out front of people too see. I liked that there was someone there strickly for customer direction and answer questions. Just a couple of small concerns , there was one person at the check-in desk to to book people in and it took time , there should always be enough staff to book in to save customers from wait, and I think breakfast should be included. People were pleasant and took time too help.Before I forget I like ur check out time my husband was at the hospital and had to be early i liked that I had a choice to come back to stay and wait if a I choose .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear James H:

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for the Bond Place Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We’re sorry that you had to wait for your check-in. We are preparing ourselves for the Summer peak times and will definitely have more staff to help our guests. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope to see you again! When your husband is feeling better, the two of you will have to come and enjoy the city! Call us directly when you come back to Toronto and we will set you up with one of our lovely packages!

Our toll-free reservation line is 1-800-268-9390. We look forward to hearing from you.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Lift/elevator system required an IT degree to operate, room keys failed to work on several occasions - surly receptionist unsurprised and was untrained in the world of receptioning ("smile", "please", "thank you" concepts unfamiliar to her). Rooms adequate but small. Good diner alongside, but better restaurant half a block away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron M
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Dear Ron M,

Thank you for your feedback and comments on the Bond Place Hotel. Your reviews help us to continue to improve our service.

My apologies for any confusion regarding the elevator/lift service. The key control is there for the safety of all of our guests. For future stays all you need to do is ensure a green light flashes when the key swipes and than press the desired floor your headed to.

Regarding the reception agent. Coaching has taken place based upon your feedback on where they need to improve. We do take your comments very seriously and sincerely hope you will consider us again for your future stays.

Please feel free to contact myself if you do return to Toronto so that we can ensure you are given the service you expect as well we would be more than pleased to reserve an upgraded room for you.

Call us directly at 416-362-6061 if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel. Your comments have been shared with staff members to guarantee continual improvements.
Port Hope, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2013

When i enter the room it was clean . But i wanted a queen size bed, it seem tobe smaller than a queen size bed and also the sheet would not stay the mattress. I told the person i was going to st mikes hospital the morning and i needed my sleep. Being on the second floor was not very quite, they could told us there was a concert in younge dundas square. and the desk at night wasn't friendly. The tv was hard to use. If anybody stay at this hotel do your own research first, because you don't advise you on what to expect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dale448
Dear Dale448,

Thank you for your feedback and comments on the Bond Place Hotel. Your reviews help us to continue to improve our service daily.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the sheets not fitting on the mattress. I can only assume the sheets may have been the wrong size and I apologize for this error. I will pass on the information to the Housekeeping Management so they can ensure it does not reoccur.

As for the concert at Dundas Square, unfortunately they don’t always announce every event as some of them are private or happen during the day with out any notice. Our most sincere apologies that we were not able to move your room due to being fully booked.

On your next visit please inform us upon arrival so we can ensure you receive a room on the other side of the building on a higher floor to reduce the noise that can occur in our busy city.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel. Your comments will be shared with staff members to ensure continual improvements.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in early May 2013 in a double room sharing with my boyfriend. We were also travelling with a friend who stayed in a single room next door.

Location: The hotel is perfectly located in downtown Toronto. You are about a 3 minute walk to almost every kind of shop imaginable. We walked from here into Chinatown, Rogers Centre and down to the Harbour front, it wasn’t a quick walk but there was plenty of Toronto to see and take in while doing it.

Quality: The hotels interior looks as though it has recently been renovated so looks modern from the inside, don’t be put off from the older exterior of the building. The rooms are small but you have enough space for two adults to put two bags and spread out a little bit. The bathroom is small but clean and possibly has the loudest toilet I have ever heard. The bed wasn’t the most comfortable but nothing to complain about. They provided new towels and made up the room each day. They have a small gym which was clean and well maintained. The concierge was very helpful when we wanted to hire a car and drive to Niagara Falls.

Wi-Fi: There was a cost associated with the Wi-Fi from memory it was about $10 for a few days (if this is an issue I suggest calling them to see what the costs are) and it allowed us to use 3 devices which worked well. If you don’t need wifi often then I would go to the many chain restaurants around the area and use the free Wi-Fi.

Food options: You can walk in any direction and find a variety of food options. There is a nice Korean Noodle place on the next block from the Hotel on Dundas Street East. Each night we would just walk a different way from the hotel and there was plenty to choose from. There is a nice place for breakfast on Victoria Street. We did eat in the restaurant at the hotel for breakfast but there are many nicer and much cheaper places to eat at.

Public Transport: The train station, Dundas is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel and gets you to practically every part of Toronto. We saw an Ice Hockey game while there and were able to get the train down to Union Station which took no time at all.

The only negative that I found was the trams. We were in a room on the 3rd floor overlooking Dundas Street East which is where the trams run. They are very loud and the windows do block some noise but unfortunately not all of it. They woke us up a few times with their loud banging and bells. My suggestion would be to get a room facing Bond Street.

Room Tip: My suggestions are: - Get a room facing Bond Street - Share with someone you are friendly with, th...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Traveller-Jes
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Traveller-Jes:

Thank you for your fantastic review on the Bond Place Hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We, too, pride ourselves on location and are glad to hear that you were able to discover the different gems that this city has to offer.

Your review will be shared with all staff as it is quite pleasing and we are sure that they will be grateful! As per the bathroom privacy, we do offer larger rooms and suites that would give a little more seclusion and would be keen on having you try one of them out!

We would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade the next time you are in Toronto and wish that you connect with our Front Office Manager when making your reservations. We would love to have you back! Please call 416-362-6067 and we will do our best to keep up the great reflection we have with you.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel. We hope to see you again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2013

myself and 3 other girls had a girls night this past weekend... we booked the junior queen suite which states that it is an additional 450sq ft, i really do not know how that was possible since the room was smaller than that!..but what really pushed me over the edge was our toilet did not work...AT ALL! our room was the top floor (18) and when ever we had to go to the washroom we had to go to the lobby, down a flight of stairs and use that washroom...after complaining to the front desk they told us they would send someone to fix it, the guy came and said he could not fix it and that we would have to switch rooms, we called back downstairs and they told us we could NOT have another room because they were all taken. i was then told the manager would call us right back...which he didn't, we had plans that night and got to our reservations extremely late. when we got back to our room the front desk had no idea what i was talking about and the toilet was still broken..the next morning i demanded the manager and she told me that she would give $50off the room and free breakfast...which consisted of ONE drink (no refills) and the worst eggs and microwaved bacon.. ALL in all i will NEVER in my life go back to this hotel, and i will advise everyone i know to stay away!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank elyse m
Dear elyse m:

Thank you for your feedback on the Bond Place Hotel. We’re sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay.

As per the toilet situation, we do sincerely apologize that you had to experience this. The Engineer was called to this matter on Sunday upon your departure and he confirmed that there were products flushed that should have been discarded in the trash. This is what caused the back-up in the toilet.

We’re sorry that you felt this way about the breakfast and only wished that you had called the Manager’s attention to this to have it rectified right away. All the food served in the restaurant is made-to-order fresh and most definitely not microwavable.

If you would like to talk about your experience further, we invite you to speak to our Front Office Manager at 416-362-6067.

Once again, we appreciate you choosing the Bond Place Hotel.
Indiana
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Dear Bond Place Hotel,

Not sure how you guys roll in Canada but I take issue with the bathroom doors. First, it's not a door. It's piece of wood that slides in front of the doorway. Second, if you're not going to provide a sanctuary for bowel movements at least throw a candle in it to mask the smell. I spent each morning going to the lobby to avoid waking my girlfriend, which worked out better because I could get the paper enroute.

Other than the bathroom issues the location was good and the staff was attentive. For business travelers this place is probably perfect.

Come on man! No one likes to take a number 2 in public.

Please fix.

Room Tip: Get one with a bathroom door that provides a little privacy.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2013
Dear DexterStJocque:

Thank you for your feedback on the Bond Place Hotel.

As for the Bathroom Doors, in Canada, we call these “Pocket Doors.” It’s a design that was meant to maximize the space in the hallways and bathrooms. We’re sorry that you didn’t get the relaxed feeling. We do have other rooms that may be of more comfort to you.

Connect with us directly at 416-362-6061 and we will let you know of the different options that we have.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel. We hope that we see you again.