“Mediocre hotel, good location”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #59 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We booked a business queen room for 2 nights. The room was tiny. And the bed seemed smaller than a queen. There was a very small amount of space around the bed to walk, but only 1 person at a time could manoeuvre. They had to be clever with their design because of this, the desk was actually the windowsill. And the bathroom was also tiny. The worst part of the bathroom was the shower. It obviously used to be a bathtub, which they converted into shower. The floor was raised, the glass didn't close & water ends up everywhere. To top that off the bathroom door never shut fully. No privacy.

Customer service was ok.. Not great. We had to check out of our room & check back in for the second night & we were in the same room. This was inconvenient. Wifi had a very poor signal.
The elevator didn't always work & staff would push on the elevator with the laundry carts. Didn't appreciate snuggling with strangers.
Parking was across the street.

Only real positive is the location. These rooms seem to be meant for one person who is too busy to spend any real time in the room. I wouldn't book again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel. It is greatly appreciated as we continually work together with our team to improve the service we provide to our guests.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shops and an unlimited number of dining options to choose from.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We do have larger rooms and suites available for those who desire more spacious accommodations. We greatly apologize that you experienced an issue with your bathroom door while staying with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our maintenance department to ensure the bathroom door is operating properly.

There are times when a guest makes a reservation two different ways or extends their reservation through a third party. When this happens we are able to accommodate our guests in the same room although they are required to sign a registration card on the day the reservation was extended. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

We will also be sure to speak with our housekeeping department to ensure that all guests are comfortable in the public areas of our building.

We have guest parking available at a cost of $19 per car per night located accross Dundas Street from the hotel in our garage.

We would be honored to accommodate you on your next visit to Toronto. Our deluxe rooms and suites are beautiful and are much larger in size.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,748)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Location was fantastic. Central to everything you need in the city centre.

Room size was very small. We are a family of 4 and found it too compact. Even though you are only there to sleep, you still need some space.

The shower really needs a curtain. The water goes everywhere and you waste towels on cleaning up the mess. Was a pain trying to wash 2 kids. Considering the hotel was recently renovated, this wasn't thought out very well.

The fellow Aussie on the concierge desk was fantastic. Gave us some great tips on places to eat at and was very helpful with organising our Niagara tour.

Took a few nights for us to get used to the street noise. The pub over the road can be pretty loud. Also, being beside the lift there was a lot of noise from people coming in and out. Not a good spot with a family with young kids.

If we went back to Toronto, we would stay here again, mainly due to its fantastic location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear The Team4,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are pleased you will be returning to stay with us on your next visit to Toronto.

When you do return, please request a tub in the washroom and I would suggest one of our deluxe rooms which is great for families. They come in a varity of options one of which is a Queen and two twin beds.

We can also do our best to place your room on the south side of the building so you won't hear the music from the pub on Dundas Street.

Again thank you for staying with us at The Bond Place Hotel, we hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Hotel was clean but average looking. Location is great. Restaurant ok noting special. All in all though the price was good for what you got and it's prime location close to yonge and dundas. I didn't stay in much. The Room was small with 2 twin beds. I'd stay there again even though my taste is higher end my pocket is lower end.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and comments with us on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to post.

Next time you visit please try out one or our business queen rooms, which is perfect for single travelers. This room includes extras such as Wifi access, a newspaper, bottle of water each day as well some other amenities.

We hope you will be staying with us again soon, and thank you for chosing the Bond Place Hotel.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed in the Bond Place hotel in the last week of November 2013. The hotel was very good for the price I paid. It was clean and very comfortable. The bed was comfortable and soft. The only downside was the size of the room and the size of the bathroom which was on the small side. This wasn't an issue for me as I was only staying for a few days but I could see it become an issue for an extended stay. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It was a minute from the Eaton Centre. All in all I was very happy with my stay. PS: There is a great diner around the corner from the hotel called The Senator which served a fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us about your most recent stay with us.

Glad to hear you were able to take advantage of the area around the hotel, and found the delicious diner around the corner.

Next time you stay with us we hope you will try out a business queen room which has a more open feeling washroom, as well as including some amenities. We do have a Jr. Queen Suite as well which is much bigger and also includes many amenities as well as space to spread out.

Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed there this past weekend and it was a great place to stay.We arrived early to beat the snow storm so I thought I would see if I could get an early check 11am.The reception without hesitation checked said no problem and checked us in.The room was a little small(we knew that before booking so was not surprised)but very very clean and modern.Location is excellent.There is a cool pub called The Imperial pub on the other side of the road that is worth going for a pint.Comfortable,clean and friedly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rob W,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review! We are glad we could assist and check you in early! We always try our best to accommodate our very valued guests!

We truly appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make it an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for sharing your comments, and we hope to see you staying with us on your next visit to Downtown Toronto.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed overnight at the Bond Place Hotel so I wouldn't have to worry about partying all night and having to get home then to work again the next day. I even got to sleep in!

Pros:
- location, location, location -- it is a block away from the Eaton Centre which is what I was looking for. It's downtown location is very much a plus.
- price was right for an overnight stay.
- check in was quick and the gentleman at the desk was charming and quite pleasant. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name or I would have mentioned it.
- no carpet in the room. I've been noticing this in a few places lately and have to admit I like this so much better. It also gives the room a "cleaner" look.
- bed was very comfortable.
- generous with the toiletries. My donation box that I fill with toiletries collected from my hotel stays and my friends' hotel stays thank you!
- like the idea that you need a room key to use the elevator to get you to your designated floor.

Cons:
- small room. One benefit of flat screen TVs is that most hotels have now gotten rid of wall units needed to hold a TV unit. We didn't stay in the room much, so this wasn't a huge issue, but thought I'd mention it anyway.
- not sure I like the idea of a sliding frosted glass door for a bathroom door and having a frosted glass wall which caused the whole room to be lit up when someone had to use the bathroom during the night. Nice idea, NOT! Where's the privacy here?
- speaking about the bathroom, the tub didn't drain properly --- this is a housekeeping issue. By the time I finished my shower, there was about 8 inches of water in the tub. The drain has to be cleaned EVERY TIME! Kinda disgusting, but this is a huge pet peeve with hotel rooms for me. If I were staying longer, I would have said something at the front desk. Sorry that I have to do this here, but hotels should clean the drains.

That said, I quite enjoyed this place and would consider staying again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Gnutter,

Thank you for sharing your pros and cons, they are very appreciated and help us to improve our services each and every day!

I have already passed on the bath tub drain information to our Executive Housekeeper so we can ensure regular maintenance of our bath tub drains. Sorry you had this experience. These types of issues are taken very seriously and yes, they should be checked every time, and normally are.

Again we really thank you for the review, and hope we will be seeing you stay with us again in the near future! Thank you from the Bond Place Hotel.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This was the first time I spent an evening at the Bond Place since the renovations.
You can't beat the hotel for location and the price for a room hasn't gone up all that much. (Ahh, the days of the SARS scare when I could get a room at the Bond Place for $50!)
The rooms are a bit too modern for my taste and I miss a rug in my room (which makes the room warmer on a cold Canadian night), though I understand wooden floors are probably easier to clean.
The hotel was quiet.
My only beef? $10 for Wi-Fi service?? Oh, please! Increase the cost of the room by $10 and give Wi-Fi away along with the code tp access it. I would never know.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank David P

Dear David P,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay and regarding the wifi access. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve our services each day.

As you mentioned increasing the cost to include the wifi. We actually have left this option to our guests and you can choose many room types that include wifi. The best value for a single traveler is our Business Queen which includes the wifi, as well as a newpaper, bottled water each day in your room, as well as some other extras.

We also have computers available in the lobby with wifi access for our guests to use complimentary of course.

We hope you will stay again and enjoye one of our upgrades with wifi included!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!