“Great Central DT location. Affordable, Convenient.”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #57 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Calgary
“Great Central DT location. Affordable, Convenient.”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel front desk staff friendly. Service staff - pleasant. Hotel is very well situated near Dundas Square. Affordable and Convenient.
Hotel is modern style, with bold colours and cool design. I have stayed here before.
Get a high floor room for a great view.
Room is simply furnished and efficient. Not luxury, but well appointed.

This hotel is just off Dundas Square. The neighbourhood is a mix of every type of people, and characters. Downtown Big City - Travel smart and you will be fine.

Room Tip: high floors face Bond street or Dundas street. I had 1806, GREAT View of Dundas and Downtown. Get r...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank VinceInCalgary
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear VinceinCalgary,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to post all the lovely comments! We are definitely located in the heart of downtown just few steps away from one of the well-known shopping facilities, hundreds of restaurant and major tourist attractions. I will be happy to share your comments with our staff and I’m sure they will be delighted to hear your compliments. We will be looking forward for your next visit and hope you keep warm for the remainder of the winter. Have an amazing day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A friend and I just spent an extremely pleasant weekend staying at the Bond Place Hotel while attending a conference a block away. The location was unusually convenient for us, as it would be for people visiting patients at St Michael's Hospital, visiting students at Ryerson University, or tourists wanting to look around the core of Toronto. There is paid underground parking across the street. Our greeting was friendly and efficient and was provided by knowledgable staff. Our room (a Business Queen) was small-ish, but extremely clean. The furnishings were not posh--more like Ikea than plush--but were certainly adequate. We initially had a small problem with some linen, but that was cared for in minutes by a very friendly housekeeper and shortly there after her supervisor personally checked to assure that we were satisfied. Throughout our stay, we were impressed by the courtesy of the Staff and our departure was expedited by a Staff person in the lobby. It was absolutely painless. It should be noted that we ate all of our meals in the Hotel restaurant, The Pomanar, and were very happy. Although the menu was limited, the prices were very reasonable and the quality of the food was great. The service was unusually good. Many of the choices had a Persian influence and, given the fine quality of the preparation, that made it even more interesting. I plan to return.

Room Tip: The Business Queen rooms are a good choice and are very affordable. Try to get one on an upper floo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Richard W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience. We love hearing such great feedback and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay.

Glad to see the housekeeping staff were able to ensure your room was taken care of and that they were able to make your stay great!

We hope to see you again the next time your staying in the City of Toronto.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Horrible hotel. They cancel your reservation without telling you and give up your room for someone else. They end up giving a room with lights that dont work and can't upgrade or anything to fix the problems they caused. Horrible front desk customer service with the indian lady. Will never stay here again. Took probably about an hour to check in since room light didnt work, switched rooms and then the keys to the room didnt work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank anonymous2425
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your feedback, This helps us to improve each and every day.

We are deeply sorry to hear about your stay, due to the sold out night we were unable to offer you any upgrades, and normally are more than pleased to show off our upgraded rooms.

The individual and team will be held accountable regarding the service that was provided as this is not normal practice and we have high expectations of our team members to offer the best possible service and solutions to our guests each day.

Again thank you for the feedback and if you have the time would love to speak with you regarding your stay so we may offer you some resolution as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Bond Place hotel is 1 block from the Eaton Center, and many excellent restaurants and bars. Before you go know that the Asian/ European rooms are very small, especially if you are a big person. The other down side is that the hotel is in a noisy part of downtown. Loud patrons leaving the pubs can distribute your sleep, but not the fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room on the back side (away from Yonge St) for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alan M,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We really appreciate hearing about your experience.

Glad to hear the stay was good and you enjoyed your visit with us.

We hope the next time your in Toronto we will see you staying with us, and would love for you to try the Jr. Suite for the additional space. This room allows for sparation from your sleep space to spread out and enjoy or work.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I had paid more for a room with a Queen bed, yet at check-in discovered that it had two single beds instead. The front desk staff would not help resolve the issue, and the manager was never available to talk to each time I asked to speak to one in the early afternoon. When I finally get through even to just talk to the front desk, no one had been able to help.

On top of that, charging extra for wi-fi use in standard rooms at today's day and age is unacceptable.

This was my first trIp in Toronto, and the biggest lesson learned so far is not to stay at Bond Place Hotel again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dgwang
Dear dgwang,

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback, this assists us to continue to improve our service provided and operations each day.

I sincerely apologize that I was not available nor another supervisor when you had requested to speak with the management.

If you required a Queen room this should have been provided upon your request, and I will speak to the individual who did not assist you to move to this room type and ensure this is not repeated for any guests going forward.

This is not normal practice and I would love to hear from you directly if you have a moment please call the hotel and ask for myself, as I would love to discuss your stay and apologize to you personally for the inconvenience.

We hope to hear from you soon, and do want you to stay with us in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Everythign was great and smooth...until..when I woke up I felt very itchy and i broke out in hives ( allergic to the fabric or scente that they used, possible, i didnt complain...but then I saw what they charged me!...the confirmation for one night was $133 and change...and my bill is saying $383..so I just got off the phone with them and she says that there is a deposit of $250. Now, I am sure this was somewhere in something that I signed, but would of been helpful to have much mentioned it. I wouldnt have had a problem or a shock when I saw my visa account. I would love to say I would stay here again because the price us reasonable for a downtown getaway night. But I am sticking to One King West- nothing compares.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kat F
Dear Kat F,

We are very sorry to read your review, and see this ruined your stay.

Please note taking a security authorization on credits cards at check in is a normal policy most downtown city hotels practice. The hold placed on your credit card was just a hold and most certainly not a charge against your card.

This covers any additonal costs that you may want to charge to your room such as movies, parking or charges from the restaurant etc.

Upon your departure if nothing is to be charged to your account the hold is released and depending on your credit card bank the money is released within 5-10 business days.

Please contact myself if you have any further questions or inquiries regarding the authorization.

We apologize for any inconveience the authorization may have caused you.
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Got stranded in Toronto late one night and was desperately looking for a hotel. Found this one and had the best sleep I've had in months. Bond Place Hotel had a really comfortable atmosphere and very friendly staff. I highly recommend this hotel which is in a great location at a great rate. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Curt L
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right. We are located in the heart of dowtown Toronto placing you close to almost anything you would want to access while visiting the dowtown area.

All of us here at the Bond Place Hotel take great pride in the service we provide to our guests and care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.