“Great sleep over for shopping staycation!”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Newmarket, Canada
“Great sleep over for shopping staycation!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

What a great place to stay after a shopping staycation in Toronto. My room was ready early for an 11:30am check in and I had been upgraded to a business queen room. The room was spotless and very comfortable. After dropping my bags I walked the 2 very short blocks to the Eaton Centre and shopped until I was ready to drop. After enjoying a steak dinner at Baton Rouge I walked back to Bond Place, dropped off my parcels and headed back to The Bay connected to the Eaton Centre underground and shopped again until closing. I spent a warm and comfortable evening watching TV and on the internet in my hotel room and a wonderful sleep in the clean crisp bedding in room 1618. I was allowed a late check out @ 1:30pm and headed home. I loved my well located and very convenient stay at Bond Place Hotel and will do it again often whenever I have things to do in Toronto.

Room Tip: High floor very very quiet.
2 Thank lindavpastandpresent
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience based on your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right! We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shopping choices and an unlimited amount of restaurants.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as all of us here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about the happiness of each and every guest that stays with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you need a shopping staycation!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I spent 3 nights recently at this hotel. It is in downtown but at the end of downtown at one end and at walking distance to Eaton Centre, movie theatres, restaurants and shopping. I had a comfortable stay and the conceirge was very helpful. The airport shuttle picks up and drops off at the hotel for a round trip fee of $42, which was nice. The city tour bus also stops near the hotel and one can get the ticket for it at the hotel or at the kiosk near the downtown square.The standard room was adequate for my needs. It would have been nice to have had free wifi at least in the lobby but there are two computers for free use in the lobby. As the hotel is at the edge of downtown, one side where all the shops and restaurants seemed to be pretty safe and the other side seemed unsafe for walking at night. But the downtown side was crowded with people and students from a nearby university even late at night and so I was able to walk around. I didn't try the restaurant in the hotel as there were a lot of restaurants nearby including a Subway right across the street. If I return to Toronto, I will definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the main street side but there was not much of street noise.
2 Thank MKSolo2012
Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as all of us here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us.

There is a charge for wifi access of $8.95 plus tax per room per day. There are business rooms and suites available that have wifi access included in the cost of the room.

We would be honored to see you again during your next visit to Toronto.

THank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

They checked us into the wrong room when we arrived without confirming what type of room we paid for. We discovered this when we called front desk to ask for the Wi-Fi password (which was free with the Business Queen room that we booked) to find out that they had put us in a Standard Queen instead. Although I told them I was 100% sure I booked a Business Queen room, they said that it was listed as Standard Queen on their reservations. I showed them my payment confirmation email for a BUSINESS QUEEN room, so then they finally switched the rooms for me.

When we moved into the new Business Queen room, we realized the fridge definitely was not on so I called front desk and told them it was off to which they replied "No, its on. It might not feel very cold but if you put your drinks in it, they should get cold." without even coming to our room to check. Hours later, we still had warm drinks because the fridge was definitely NOT ON despite what the "apparently psychic" front desk clerk told us. My boyfriend and I decided to go get ice from the ice machine that was on the floor below us and upon returning to our room, we realized our key card wasn't working and I had to go down to ask front desk to resolve my problem again.

A few hours later, we smell cigarette smoke coming from the hallway. We locate that the smoke was coming from the emergency exit stairwell which is directly across from our room...and find that some moron was smoking in the fire escape right across from us. The worst part is we suspect it may have been an employee. The smell kept flooding in from the hallway. It was terrible. We called front desk to resolve the problem and they sent a security guard. I called front desk again 20 min later to complain about the lingering odour because they had done nothing about it and they finally sent someone to spray the hallway and fire escape with air freshener (which still bothers me because I have asthma and realistically, who wants to breathe in even more chemicals?).

Other than the clean sheets and clean washroom, I was very dissatisfied with the service. Room service was quite friendly, but I found the indian girl working at the front desk to very disconnected, cold and rude.

Additionally, on our reservations we had stated that we had two adults staying in the room, yet there was only one robe provided in the room. Isn't it just common sense to provide two robes if you have two adults staying in a room? Just doesn't make sense....Too many inconveniences.

I think the most embarrassing thing is they displayed that they have a 4-star rating on TripAdvisor right at their front desk....Which is clearly not what I experienced at all. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Apparently don't stay in the room across from the fire escape because some idiot will smoke in t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank K C
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear K C,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments based on your visit to our hotel. It’s very important for us to be aware of these incidents as we always look to maintain exceptional service to all our valued guests.

We greatly do apologize on behalf of those individuals who have decided to smoke and caused you discomfort. We do enforce a strict non-smoking policy and try our best to maintain our property smoke-free at all times.

We will be delighted to have an opportunity to accommodate you back to our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your feedback based on your experience as this helps us to continue to maintain and improver our service consistency.

Please do hot hesitate to call 416-362-6061 and speak with our front office management for further concerns or inquires. We hope you have a wonderful day!
Calgary
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hotel front desk staff friendly. Service staff - pleasant. Hotel is very well situated near Dundas Square. Affordable and Convenient.
Hotel is modern style, with bold colours and cool design. I have stayed here before.
Get a high floor room for a great view.
Room is simply furnished and efficient. Not luxury, but well appointed.

This hotel is just off Dundas Square. The neighbourhood is a mix of every type of people, and characters. Downtown Big City - Travel smart and you will be fine.

Room Tip: high floors face Bond street or Dundas street. I had 1806, GREAT View of Dundas and Downtown. Get r...
1 Thank VinceInCalgary
Dear VinceinCalgary,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to post all the lovely comments! We are definitely located in the heart of downtown just few steps away from one of the well-known shopping facilities, hundreds of restaurant and major tourist attractions. I will be happy to share your comments with our staff and I’m sure they will be delighted to hear your compliments. We will be looking forward for your next visit and hope you keep warm for the remainder of the winter. Have an amazing day!
Midland, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A friend and I just spent an extremely pleasant weekend staying at the Bond Place Hotel while attending a conference a block away. The location was unusually convenient for us, as it would be for people visiting patients at St Michael's Hospital, visiting students at Ryerson University, or tourists wanting to look around the core of Toronto. There is paid underground parking across the street. Our greeting was friendly and efficient and was provided by knowledgable staff. Our room (a Business Queen) was small-ish, but extremely clean. The furnishings were not posh--more like Ikea than plush--but were certainly adequate. We initially had a small problem with some linen, but that was cared for in minutes by a very friendly housekeeper and shortly there after her supervisor personally checked to assure that we were satisfied. Throughout our stay, we were impressed by the courtesy of the Staff and our departure was expedited by a Staff person in the lobby. It was absolutely painless. It should be noted that we ate all of our meals in the Hotel restaurant, The Pomanar, and were very happy. Although the menu was limited, the prices were very reasonable and the quality of the food was great. The service was unusually good. Many of the choices had a Persian influence and, given the fine quality of the preparation, that made it even more interesting. I plan to return.

Room Tip: The Business Queen rooms are a good choice and are very affordable. Try to get one on an upper floo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Richard W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your most recent experience. We love hearing such great feedback and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay.

Glad to see the housekeeping staff were able to ensure your room was taken care of and that they were able to make your stay great!

We hope to see you again the next time your staying in the City of Toronto.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Horrible hotel. They cancel your reservation without telling you and give up your room for someone else. They end up giving a room with lights that dont work and can't upgrade or anything to fix the problems they caused. Horrible front desk customer service with the indian lady. Will never stay here again. Took probably about an hour to check in since room light didnt work, switched rooms and then the keys to the room didnt work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank anonymous2425
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your feedback, This helps us to improve each and every day.

We are deeply sorry to hear about your stay, due to the sold out night we were unable to offer you any upgrades, and normally are more than pleased to show off our upgraded rooms.

The individual and team will be held accountable regarding the service that was provided as this is not normal practice and we have high expectations of our team members to offer the best possible service and solutions to our guests each day.

Again thank you for the feedback and if you have the time would love to speak with you regarding your stay so we may offer you some resolution as it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The Bond Place hotel is 1 block from the Eaton Center, and many excellent restaurants and bars. Before you go know that the Asian/ European rooms are very small, especially if you are a big person. The other down side is that the hotel is in a noisy part of downtown. Loud patrons leaving the pubs can distribute your sleep, but not the fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room on the back side (away from Yonge St) for a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alan M,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. We really appreciate hearing about your experience.

Glad to hear the stay was good and you enjoyed your visit with us.

We hope the next time your in Toronto we will see you staying with us, and would love for you to try the Jr. Suite for the additional space. This room allows for sparation from your sleep space to spread out and enjoy or work.

Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.