“Good location, the rest average.”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Really good location, right in the centre of the city. Walking distance to good shops and the CN tower and such.

The room itself had really cold air conditioning with a confusing switch on the wall. One bed was right up next to the air conditioner so if you wanted it on at night that person had to rug up! There was a sliding door for the bathroom instead of a normal door and it was loud and hard to move. The toilet was also the loudest flushing toilet ever!

This hotel doesn't have free wifi - and we weren't gonna pay their prices so went across the road to starbucks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Gera_312,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your most recent stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.

We love hearing when our guests can take advantage of the location we have to offer.

Your feedback will most certainly be taken back to the team to review and improve upon. We appreciate hearing such, so that we can continue to provide better service to our most valued guests like yourselves.

We are in the process of correcting the A/C blowing too strongly in the rooms, and we should have this improved over the next few weeks.

Regarding the bathroom door, we are aware some of the doors have tracks that are in need of renovation and we have a contractor being to work on these one room at a time. Our apolgies for the experience and we hope to have this rectified as soon as possible over the slow seasonal months.

With our WIFI - if you would like complimentary access we actually offer two MAC computers for our guests use only in the lobby located near the elevators. As well many room types incorporate the cost of wifi in the rate which means you would not need to pay anything additional such as our Business Rooms and Suites.

There are newer reviews for Bond Place Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Bond Place Hotel for one night and based on my experiences, I would never go back. Prior to booking I read many reviews that said that the hotel was in an excellent location close to Dundas Square and the Eaton Centre. Although this is true, all other streets surrounding the hotel were quite sketchy and made me feel unsafe. There was only one security guard watching the hotel doors at night and as a result guests of the hotel were given paper wristbands to wear in order to be allowed entry into the hotel at night. In all my years of travelling, I have never seen this type of system. During the day, there was no one to watch the front doors of the hotel and in fact someone did walk into the hotel shouting obscenities and causing a disturbance but nothing was done about it. The room which I stayed in was extremely small and barely fit the bed leaving me with very little room to store my luggage and belongings. The bathroom was also small and had a thin sliding door which did not lock. The room fortunately had an air conditioner, however it was so loud that I had to end up shutting it off as it prevented me from falling asleep. I could hear everything that was happening in the rooms surrounding mine including the toilet flushing of the room beneath mine. The hotel does not provide room service and the restaurant attached to the hotel closes at ten so if you get hungry late at night then you are out of luck. In addition, the staff member at the front desk that checked me in was not hospitable and did not make me feel welcomed at all. Overall I would have to say that the Bond Place hotel is most definitely overrated and, in my case, overpriced. I would not recommend spending your time in Toronto at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Benacarney,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate hearing your comments so that we can continue to improve our services on a regular basis.

Regarding our wristbands policy: Please note that this is only in place for special occasions in the city that can create opportunities for guests to have many visitors in the room causing noise and disturbance to other guests. This also protects and keeps our hotel guests safe ensuring everyone entering is a registered guest of the hotel.

During the day time we would not require monitoring hotel guests visitors as this is a non issue during the day when people are not expecting people are generally not sleeping, and being kept awake. As well have many staff walking the premises in all areas of the hotel thus any unwanted visitors would be spotted immediately.

We do apologize if you were not made to feel welcomed as we do pride ourselves on the service provided to our guests. Your comments will be shared with the team to ensure continuous improvements to our service.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Bond Place from July 31-August 4 and had a wonderful stay. Check in was easy and we were accommodated even though we were a few hours early with absolutely no hassle.

We stayed in a business queen which was clean and had everything we needed. As other reviewers have noted the rooms are not huge but we did not feel cramped even with luggage and shopping bags. The bed was comfortable and we didn't hear any noise from the rooms around us even with the hotel fully booked with Caribana and 1direction fans.

The bathroom was clean and well stocked and we had no issue with the sliding glass door but I could understand people with privacy issues not loving the set up.

I found all the staff unbelievably helpful and friendly. The location is ideal for anyone without a car as the subway is a block away and most everything you would need is in walking distance.

Overall the Bond Place was a great place to stay with reasonable rates for a long weekend. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Sarahraewilly,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your experience with us at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are always pleased to check in our guests a few hours early should your room be ready ahead of check in time at 3:00 pm. Glad we could accommodate you upon your arrival.

Glad you had a peaceful and enjoyable stay during your visit to our hotel Downtown. We are even more pleased that the staff were able to take great care of you and your husband during your visit!

We truly hope you will be staying with us in the future for your next visit to the city!

Thank you again for Choosing The Bond Place Hotel.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed two nights here at Bond Place and it was great! It had a perfect location, close to Dundas Square (I think that is what its called). Its a very busy location, similar to Time Square in NYC. Lots of shops (the Eaton Centre is really good for shopping) and restaurants within five minutes walk.
The rooms were small but very clean and super modern looking. Only problem is the air conditioner was right next to one of the beds, so if you had it on then you froze to death whilst you slept. The bathroom was spacious and water pressure was decent too.
They don't have wifi so I'm warning you now. They do have 2 computers in the lobby so thats alright.
There is a nice restaurant down stairs that isn't too bad. Didn't eat much there because I think you should go to Dundas Square to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Keegan T,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review with us, we really appreciate hearing such comments.

So pleased to hear you had such a fantastic stay. We love hearing when our guests enjoy and take advantage of our location.

Please know for your next stay with us, we do have WIFI available as well as the two computers in the lobby for guest use. The WIFI is available at a cost per night and can also be purchased for day at a time in bundled pricing. Many room types at the Bond Place have WIFI included in the cost as well.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel, we hope you will be staying with us again soon!.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just finished a two night stay at the Bond Place. Overall the hotel is good.

Location: Excellent. Right at Dundas and Yonge street
Room: Clean and comfortable. Great view from 17th floor.
Meeting rooms: we had some problems with the projector and the A/C was very loud. The hotel credited us for this Inconvenience.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear gerrybOttawa,

We greatly appreciate you sharing your comments about your time at the
Bond Place Hotel.

We are happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our amazing location beside Yonge & Dundas Square, close to major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shops and an unlimited amount of restaurants.

All of us here at the Bond Place Hotel take great pride in the accommodations and services we provide to our guests. We are pleased to know that our team was able to make the difficulty you experienced with the projector right.

We would love to see you again the next time you visit downtown Toronto.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed at the Bond Place Hotel before, and left with the desire to go back again at the next opportunity, which I did, this time solo. I arrived quite early and the front desk accommodated me immediately. I chose a standard room with two twin beds because of its convenient price. Modern decorated (Ikea style) the room was comfortable and more than adequate for the price. I think like many other reviewers that its location in downtown Toronto is one of the hotel biggest attraction.
Yet,I will also add the welcoming ambiance of the place, with its modern and slick feel, accommodating, and hygienically clean deserve my desire to be back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jose V.

Thank you for sharing your experience about your time with us at the Bond Place Hotel. We are delighted you returned to stay with us!

We are very happy to hear our team took such great care of you and were able to check you in upon your arrival to the hotel. All of us here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about every guest that we encounter.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your accommodations as we take great pride in the services we provide to our guests.

We can't wait to have you back once again the next time you return to downtown Toronto!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked this hotel because it had a convenient downtown location I could access easily via the subway.
When we arrived we were greeted right away and checked in within a few minutes.

When we arrived in the room the room was beautiful and had a beautiful view of downtown Toronto. The bedroom and bathroom was very modern and clean. I was really impressed.

The staff were very friendly and helped us with anything we needed.

Unfortunately the restaurant within the hotel left a lot to be desired. Although the food wasn't awful, the server took 15 mins to take our order, then 10 minutes later told us he was out of the chicken parmesan. So we ordered the chicken kebob to go, so we could eat it in our room. When we took it upstairs we were surprised to see it was only 4 cubes of chicken with a ton of rice and that was it.

Other than that the hotel is definitely somewhere I would stay again and also a place I have already recommended to friends when they stay in Toronto.

Dear Nicholas B,

We are very appreciative you took the time to share your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are extremely pleased that you were able to check in early upon arriving to the hotel. We renovated our hotel in entirety in 2011 and we are so proud of the result. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations.

There is a restaurant called the Pomanar located in our lobby owned separately from the hotel. We wil be sure to share your comments with the restaurant manager as every guest that stays with us means a great deal.

We would be delighted to see you the next time you visit downtown Toronto.