“Trip to Toronto”

Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Edmonton, Canada
“Trip to Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites for 3 nights during our trip to Toronto and found the location to be excellent for everything on our trip. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. We will bring the kids next time and the suites will be perfect for that! Lynn was great at the Front Desk, as well as the rest of the staff who helped us out during our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josh G
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear JoshG253,

Thank you for submitting a review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us and I know Lynn appreciates the the special recognition. We look forward to selcoming you (and your kids) back the next time you travel to our great city.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel for my 40th Birthday weekend. I had a GREAT time. From the minute I checked in the staff made me feel so special. I had such a wonderful weekend and it was all due to the hotel and their wonderful staff. Will defintely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and I am already planning our next trip to Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mjaron
Dear Mjaron,

Once again, Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community. I hope we see you back again for your 41st birthday. (or sooner)

Best Wishes, Tim
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cambridge Suites this past weekend. We found a great deal for about $150 a night. I emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room on a top floor with a view. When I arrived at around 12:30pm I was given an upgrade to a room on the 18th floor and comlimnetary breakfast was added which was nice. The front desk was very helpful and gave me a map and overview of the city.

The room itself was so well designed - I will all hotel room were like this! As mentioned there is a seperate bedroom from the living room (pocket doors seperate the rooms). A large dressing/closet/sink area and a lovely mini kitchen area with a big fridge, bar sink, microwave, dishes, plates and coffee maker.

The sauna and jacuzzi were lovely and had awesome views. We took their car service back to the airport for $58 ...it was a nice town car and accepted all credit cards.

Location was great and very central ...we walked all over the city.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Matrix02
Dear Matrix02,

Thank you for the thoughtful review. I was pleased to read that we provided great value for your trip to Toronto and I hope we have the chance to serve you again. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

What a perfect suites hotel in downtown Toronto. The rooms really are suites. Large and comfortable. When it comes to downtown Toronto its all about location, location, location. This is right in the middle of everything. Its a quick walk to the Eaton Center, trendy Queen Street west, The entertainment district, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the St Lawrence Market, which by the way is probably the best farmers market anywhere in the world and on and on and on. The hotel is perfect for business or family fun. Breakfast in the lobby bar is extra, but worth it. It has just the right items to start the day. The staff is over the top friendly ( but then everyone in Toronto is ) must be a Canadian thing? I stay here all the time. I've stayed here 5 times and return again and again. Its a winner.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear xxqsme,

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I was very pleased to read that you continue to enjoy your time with us and I hope we have the chance to meet on a future stay; please let me know when you are returning so I can pass on my personal thanks. And yes, being over the top friendly is a Canadian thing, but we like to think we are the friendliest of the lot! Enjoy your travels.

Regina, SK. Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Spent two days at the Cambridge Suites Hotel last week, while on course at the Sheraton Toronto two blocks. I chose this hotel based on reviews and the price - half the cost of the Sheraton! I liked the fact that it was intimate, had very helpful front desk staff, and was close to anything downtown, even the Air Canada Centre. I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear PrarieItalian,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town for training. I was very pleased to read that you thought we delivered excellent value and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again. If I can ever be of service to you, pelase do not hesitate to ask.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

I was very surprised that sch a highly rated hotel was so affordable given its location in downtown Toronto. Having just completed a 3 night stay, I think I've found a secret gem.

The rooms are all suites. The hotel offers free wifi, which was reliable and fast, and has room service from a very food restaurant in the lobby. We had a corner room which gave us tons of light and a decent view to the east.

The Bedroom has pocket doors to separate it from living area where sofa and easy chair face television and large minibar cabinet with drawers, fridge (with room for extra stuff--not so packed that you can't put your own food in there) a coffee maker, a bar sink, and plenty of good mini-bar choices including a couple of retro candy choices! There is also a good sized desk in the living area wi two grounded plugs and even a small coat closet. The bedroom has another desk which doubles as a bedside table on one side with a traditional bedside table on the other. Both lamps were on dimmers. The bedroom also has a tv.

In the very large bathroom area the sink/vanity is separate from the toilet and bath. A large counter with large drawers underneath is probably the best set up I've ever seen in a hotel. The closet is also large with ample wooden hangers and the safe held two laptops, an iPad, a jewelry folder, and a kindle with room to spare. The downside to the bathroom is that the light for both the toilet/bath and the vanity area are on the same switch in spite of being separated by a door. A waste of energy but also too much light if one person is sleeping.

Located on Richmond just a few steps from Yonge, this hotel is in a great location for most every main area of Toronto. The subway is less than a block away so popping up to the ROM or Yorkville is a snap. Walking to Front Street cafes and the Esplanade is simple, as is St Lawrence's market. In nice weather even walking to the CN tower and waterfront would be easy. Bikes outside the hotel looked inviting but we did not partake.

Everyone on the staff was beyond friendly and helpful, but that's Canada for you. So nice.

As great as the hotel is, there are a few drawbacks. These did not hinder our stay to the point of wishing we were elsewhere, but they do suggest the hotel is aging and some upgrades are needed. The drawbacks are:

1. No robes. This wouldn't be an issue if the bath towels were a level up in terms of softness and size but they are typical moderate-level hotel towels that are neither plush nor soft after clearly years of hard machine washing.

2. Firm bed.. A plus for most, but not for us. Too firm. Linens were soft and clean and comfortable though.

3. A/C inconsitencies. Based on the comments we overheard at the front desk, we weren't the only ones experiencing a stark difference in a/c efficiency between day and night. Given it wasn't that hot while we visited, I would think they'd need to address this soon before summer.

Some other things like fraying rug seams at thresholds, knicked furniture, and loose plumbing fixtures suggest the hotel needs some maintenance upgrades but none of these things compromised the excellent experience we had at the Cambridge Suites.

Stayed May 2012
1 Thank TVBelle
Dear TVBelle,

Thank you for the thorough review. I am glad that you consider us a secret gem and appreciated the helpful comments and suggestions. Our Cityscape Suites all come with lush bathrobes and beds enhanced with feather-top mattresses; in addition to complimentary breakfast, upgraded amentieis and an enhanced design. That said, we are happy to deliver robes and add a feather top to any room upon request: let us know when you are coming and we will prepare them in advance for you. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Centrally located. Great room service (delicious and prompt). Don't miss the two women playing the harp in the lobby (at 8am no less). The exercise room was spacious and had an adjoining large hot tub and sauna. I will be staying there again on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Christian J618,

It was great to read that you enjoyed your time with us and I am glad you got to experience the Harp Twins while they were here. (We wish they were always in the city, but jump at every opportnity to have them play when they are here.) If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.