“Good priced hotel, excellent location, big rooms.”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We got married in the Distillery District in Toronto and stayed at the Cambridge Suites, along with our guests.

The rooms are very spacious! The rooms are a bit "stuffy", but you quickly get over that. The hotel itself is very nice and clean, and the rooms are furnished with pretty modern decor. We liked that the rooms has a separate bedroom section. However the rooms are noisy - mostly due to traffic from the outside but also sounds from the hallway and adjacent rooms.

The service and attention by the hotel staff was great. The Portico restaurant is good and convenient. The location of the hotel is also pretty great, within walking distance of Eaton Center, St-Lawrence Market, Distillery District, etc... Definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfbibeau
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear jfbbeau,

Congratulations on your recent wedding - what a beautiful spot to celebrate with your friends and family. I am very pleased that we were able to play a part in this special weekend for you and am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Sorry you felt the rooms were a bit noisy at times - normally guests rave about how quiet things are. (one of the many benefits of only 12 suites per floor.) We will be sure to take a quick audit of door and window closures, as well as elevator bells to ensure everything is working properly to minimize outside noise. I hope we get to see you again for your anniversary, or perhaps sooner.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We are at the Cambridge Suites for the third time. Many of the reviews have noted the good location, well conceived rooms, free wifi, and other amenities, which we appreciate as well. I'll note two aspects of this hotel that are simply outstanding: first, they are the pet-friendliest hotel we've ever stayed in (and that includes about a dozen hotels throughout North America). On check-in the congenial young man at the desk offered us a dog bed, bowls, and treats, which were delivered to our room. (Thanks, Andy!) Everyone in the hotel has been great about our having a pooch here. The other exceptional feature is the accommodation for a handicapped person, in our case my husband, who is wheelchair-bound and can't stand. The shower in the handicapped suite is wheelchair accessible (many hotels have so-called accessible rooms where the shower is in a bathtub. Really? How is a wheelchair supposed to get into a bathtub?), and the suite is roomy enough to move a wheelchair around without bumping constantly into furniture. The hotel was great about letting us have a hospital bed and a lift delivered to the room for our stay--they removed a small table to make it all work in the living room, and everything was perfectly set up when we arrived. Having all the amenities (fridge, microwave, etc.) in the room has also made this stay work for us in terms of my husband's eating needs. Finally, although others have mentioned this, it's worth repeating that the staff here--from the desk folks to the maintenance people to the folks in the restaurant--could not be nicer or more willing to help. They should use this place for hotel service training--it's that exemplary.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Finishing up our delightful stay in Toronto. Glad we chose this particular hotel. It is just a little bit away from "perfection" but truly has the potential to be the ideal hotel.
The check in was SPOTLESS. We were very early but everything was ready for us, as requested. Parking was very easy and convenient.
The location is very good. It's near subway, near Yonge St, near Queen st. and a few mins walk from a large indoor shopping mall (Eaton Sq). Food choices abound. And yet, it's on a quieter street. The lobby is small but who cares, really, it's spotless.
We had free breakfast included in the price of the room - and it was perfectly tasty. There were not a great number of options but eggs, sausage, cereal, bagels, juice, cheese and fruit - what else could you want?
The rooms are tidy and while they could use a refresher, they were fine. You can hear people in the hall, so ask for a room away from the elevators.
If you are getting a suite with a fold out couch, you may be in for some hurt - those things are not very comfortable so ask for an extra layer of padding ahead of time - they can make them a bit less crippling to sleep on. The towels are a bit threadbare, so if you have sensitive skin or are particular, bring a couple from home. Otherwise, they are sufficient!
No real complaints. With a pool, this place would be HEAVEN.

1  Thank RocDocRochesterNY

Dear RocDocRochesterNY,

Many thanks for the review. It was great to read that we were exactly what you needed. I appreciated your helpful and suggestions and hope we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit. Please let me know when you are planning to return.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My name is Linda kenny from Dublin Ireland and I recently stayed in you hotel with my friend from brampton,the purpose of our visit was for a short trip for my birthday, we stayed for 3 nights and we where looking for somewhere central but nice and I have to say it exceeded all expectations,Not only did we receive a very warm welcome but also received the turn down service and were provided with beautiful bathrobes and little surprises like chocolates and water which we didn't expect as we where staying on the 3rd floor due to my fear of lifts,I would recommend a stay here because of its close proximity to downdown Toronto ,I intend to return hopefully in the near future with my family and am confident that they will be equally impressed with the friendliness of all staff on duty which I have to say went out of their way to make our stay a very pleasent one indeed."well done "

Room Tip: Depends on your own personal needs.I preferred a room on one of the lower floors which suited our ne...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda K

Dear LindaK894,

Happy Birthday! I am so pleased we provided you with a great place to reconnect with your friend. When you and your family are planning your next trip to Toronto, don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist in any way with your travel plans.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel in May 2012. We were in a 1 bedroom suite on the 15th floor. Overall, the hotel was incredibly clean. Lobby staff were always friendly and very knowledgable with the area. Elevators were super quick. Our room was exactly what we expected. Nice size. My dad had to go to Toronto for medical reason`s, so he had the bedroom and I had the pull out couch for a week. Very comfortable bed and pullout. Prices for the stocked mini bar were outrageous. Across the street was a corner store, where we bought beverages etc for less than half the price. Hotel restaurant was pricey so we chose to go out. Lots of choices for breakfast lunch and dinner. Eaton center is a 3 minute walk away. Hockey hall of fame was a 15 minute walk. Taxi`s were always waiting at the door of the hotel. The only thing that drove me crazy was the maids slamming doors every morning at 8 am. There was never a morning of sleeping in. Ask for a room away from the maid`s supply room! The hot tub and exercise room were very clean and quiet. We asked for extra pillows and blankets before we arrived, and everything was in our room when we arrived. We paid $53 to get to the Pearson Airport which was good. Overall, this hotel is in a perfect location. Price of $143 a night was great compared to other hotels. Service was incredible. Room was great. I would definitaly stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevators are a bit bigger, but much noisier because they are across the hall from the...

Dear rjj_r,

Thank you for the wonderful review! It is nice to hear from somebody from my old home town. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope we get to serve you again. Don't ever hesitate to let me know if I can help with future travel plans.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Had a superb stay at the cambridge suites. The front staff were extremely welcoming, even though we arrived far too early looking bedraggled after the 12hour bus ride from new york and officially "landing" in Canada. They looked after our luggage, gave us a coffee and a muffin and told us they would make every effort to have our room ready as soon as possible. We wandered around the city for an hour or so and our room was ready. The suite was great, we were on the 13th floor in the corner and had a great view over the city. Huge comfy beds, which actually meant we missed breakfast most mornings, they really were that comfy. Two huge tellys meant watching telly in bed was as good as in the other room. The work station was a welcomed surprise, this also doubled as a dining table providing a wonderful intimate setting overlooking the city. Local facilities are excellent you are in the centre of toronto, within walking distace of most things, including the CN tower. Lots of space in the suite and all the amenities we needed. Loved sitting in the hot tub on the top floor overlooking the city. Check out was handled as efficiently as check in and our luggage was looked after again whilst we spent our last hours in Toronto. If this is Canadian hospitality, then we loved it!, WELL DONE CAMBRIDGE SUITES

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear nigelandhayley,

Welcome to Canada. I was very pleased to read that we provided a great first impression of our great Country! Thank you for the wonderful review and all the best getting settled in.

Cambridge SUites Hotel Toronto

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at Cambridge Suites and had a fantastic experience! Within 10 mins of arriving we were checked in and the lady whom was on the desk had also made arrangements for us to be picked up in 20 mins to join the Hop on Hop off bus tour. Talk about service! The room was beautiful and had everything we could have asked for. The staff was beyond compare. Everyone said hello etc whenever they saw us. The hotel is perfectly situated for getting around with everything we needed just a very short walk away. We went to the desk one evening to inquire about how to get to the Toronto Zoo using the transit system. They already had the instructions typed out and stored in a binder. She gave us a map, the typed instructions and a very clear explanation on how the transit system works. We went the next day and enjoyed our experience, stress free as we were well prepared.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone thinking about going to Toronto and will be using it again myself if we sneak off to Toronto again for a get away in the future. This hotel and the people who work there exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear TracyR589,

What a wonderful review - Thank You! It was nice to read that you and your husband enjoyed a great stay in Toronto and that you may visit us again in the future. If I can be of assistance with future plans, please do not hesitate to ask; I would love the opportunity to thank you personally.